<

Thomas Partey: Ghana Sign Da Ting

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by field442, Oct 5, 2020.

1. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Why are you blaming Arteta for taking long to get him? It's Edu and Vinai job to get the players.

2. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

I think we did it to pay a lower fee for Aouar and to save money in wages. I'm sure we looked at the fixtures and decided to wing it in the Liverpool and City matches. I feel we've dropped two points but hopefully we go on a winning run.

3. grange

grange Well-Known Member

Edu and Vinai have to beg for pennies from the Kroenkes tight pockets.

4. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

And the irony is, we didn't even save anything.

5. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

We saved two months wages. That about £2m. It cost us 2-6 points so far.

James Bond, Trilly and DanDare like this.
  6. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

For me it's not our results against city and Liverpool that I care about. It's about winning against the other 17 teams.

I remember we beat Leicester home and away and they still beat us to the title.

Pyres7 and Macho like this.
  7. Ibadan

Ibadan Gagan Jr

I've been watching a lot of Partey's matches for Atletico and wow I really want to apologise to Simeone. They play good football. Their forwards are **** but their approach play is quality.

Partey started for Atletico with a very delineated role.

In possession, Partey's drops between or next to the CB's to form a back three.

Like this:

And this:

He drastically improves the options in build up and allows the full backs to push high and wide. Now Trippier is on the wing, Partey can send balls up to him all day. Trippier didn't manage to create anything, but it was very threatening and effective.

Like this:

And this:

And again:

I guess one thing i've noticed while doing this is the obvious similarity in the 3atb styles being played. With Partey in the side, i'm guessing we'll switch back to a back 4. Partey can drop in to make the 3rd CB when needed.

I'm not @Football Manager so all I can do is observe, I don't know how to analyse this information. Either way I hope Partey starts on Thursday, will be interesting to see how he's used.

8. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

Who's our owner again?

blrgooner and Trilly like this.
  9. Macho

Macho Established Member Trusted

Was an excellent post until you said this. You shouldn’t put yourself down like that cause that guy definitely doesn’t know what to do with this info.

Copy and pastes his own posts and regurgitates “phases of play” whilst reminiscing on past tika taka glories with every post.

Imma give it two weeks before @Football Manager says Partey should start watch recordings of Iniesta despite spending x amount of years in la liga.

10. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

My preference of how Arsenal plays (what I like) is one thing, my football knowledge is another thing. You can disagree on what I like, because it’s rather subjective. But why stopping others to appreciate what I know?

He is referring to a post I have posted in the Arteta thread (if you disagree with any of the info below, please point out) :

That’s because City’s assign the right enough of players, to activate the press at the right time, occupy the right space, and make the right movement. Their pressing is well planned, it’s planned according to how we occupy our space, and also the weaknesses of our certain players. This makes us hard to get out of their press. And our ball can only circulate in the deep area.

This is a problem Pep has created for Arteta. And Arteta has to come up with a solution. (Maybe tuck in a winger to create more passing options in the middle is a solution. Or drop a CM to the CB position to create the spare man.)

Or alternatively, Arteta can create a new problem for pep to solve, exploiting the downside of their high press.

It’s all about how one team press, vs how another team react to it.

This is what I’ve posted in the ceballos thread:
    @Macho

11. Ibadan

Ibadan Gagan Jr

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

12. Ibadan

Ibadan Gagan Jr

You literally cope & pasted to make your point that you're not a copy and paste merchant :lol::lol::facepalm:

Macho likes this.
  13. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Tbf, and unless I’m mistaken, he’s not denying anywhere that he copies and pastes his own posts to make a point.

14. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

This posting doesn’t suit you bro.

Trilly and BigPoppaPump like this.
  15. Ibadan

Ibadan Gagan Jr

I keep trying to post fruity memes but the homophobic mods here don't like it :(

Trilly, OnlyOne and Riou like this.
  16. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Atletico losing 4-0 to Bayern without Partey... Just saying... :)

Mrs Bergkamp, BigPoppaPump and Riou like this.
  17. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

[​IMG]

Macho and Trilly like this.
  18. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Yup ironically would we have this carry on about players contracts and cost cutting If we had CL money again? I think not.

Trilly likes this.
  19. APierre

APierre You Wanna Come Out Here?

Man of the match.

El Duderino and Jury like this.
  20. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Fantastic player. Not just defensively but his use of the ball was top tier.

dka91 and El Duderino like this.