• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I'm not sure how we got him. When I was working in Spain, a lot of Co workers supporting Real Madrid used to HATE him. Passionately. His profile wasn't exactly low.

Im really enjoying it over on Redcafe seeing them talking him down. They know. I'm enjoying their pain with an El Dorado rum pairing.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'm not sure how we got him. When I was working in Spain, a lot of Co workers supporting Real Madrid used to HATE him. Passionately. His profile wasn't exactly low.

Im really enjoying it over on Redcafe seeing them talking him down. They know. I'm enjoying their pain with an El Dorado rum pairing.
Got lucky that his release clause was low and achievable you can understand why A.Madrid didn't want to any swap or installment. Without clause A.Madrid could have easily told us he not for sale or asked for 70-80M just like they did with Rodri.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Imagine being Woodward and paying 180m sterling for Pogba and Maguire with the "mystique" of United on your side and the worst Arsenal in decades can attract 2 vastly superior players for 1/3 of the price. Woodward could have gotten Sancho, Gabriel and Partey this summer for what he wasted on those 2 lumps. He spent more money on a guy in van de Beek whose greatest achievement to date is touching Arsenal legend Dennis Bergamp's daughter than we did on Gabriel and Godnenny. :clap:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Thomas Partey v Paul Pogba...was so looking forward to this midfield battle since we signed him, thought it was one of the most evenly contested duels I have ever seen.

Think this clip sums up how totally non-one sided it was...

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Doesn't Ted's company work for Brentford in the Championship? I wonder how his future employers would trust his judgement for tweeting this rubbish.
The thing about this tweet is that it's blatant attention-seeking but that's not the biggest crime. Some people on this forum wanted to sign Cellabos over Partey. I won't name names but I hope they feel embarrassed.
They don't anymore, but they were the catalyst for their current steady rise and the focus more on smart, low financial risk buys based on analytics. They've been able to replace Watkins already this season.

Ac3knight

Best compliment I can give this guy is that, whenever he got the ball (especially near the box in the final third), I was waiting with anticipation for something exciting to happen with his all-action style.

Complete opposite from Xhaka, who would morepmore often than not just be passing the ball along sideways in the same area.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Imagine being Woodward and paying 180m sterling for Pogba and Maguire with the "mystique" of United on your side and the worst Arsenal in decades can attract 2 vastly superior players for 1/3 of the price. Woodward could have gotten Sancho, Gabriel and Partey this summer for what he wasted on those 2 lumps. He spent more money on a guy in van de Beek whose greatest achievement to date is touching Arsenal legend Dennis Bergamp's daughter than we did on Gabriel and Godnenny. :clap:

Haven't enjoyed waking up to the forum like this for a while. Although DVB really needs to stay away from the icemans daughter.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I said before he is not do. He is a complete central midfielder. Any black Cm the Spanish tell them to sit and let their midgets run around. They did it with yaya as well. Imagine someone of yaya being water carrier for busquets

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Elw4TiLWoAAkmeQ

tenor.gif

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I said before he is not do. He is a complete central midfielder. Any black Cm the Spanish tell them to sit and let their midgets run around. They did it with yaya as well. Imagine someone of yaya being water carrier for busquets
:clap:

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Looking at how good he is I’m amazed we actually waited till the end of the window to trigger his release clause. 45m is a steal why would Atletico accept anything less?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Looking at how good he is I’m amazed we actually waited till the end of the window to trigger his release clause. 45m is a steal why would Atletico accept anything less?
Yeah looking back it was very risky, I guess we would have liked to structure the deal differently so we could get 1 more midfielder. You look at United, they needed Partey just as much as us, more than they needed Donny. We got away with one here! :cool:

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Yeah looking back it was very risky, I guess we would have liked to structure the deal differently so we could get 1 more midfielder. You look at United, they needed Partey just as much as us, more than they needed Donny. We got away with one here! :cool:

I only saw him play a couple of times before we signed him so I didn’t know how good he was but based on these performances I really wonder if the club thought they could get him for less than 45m or whatever his release clause is. United paid more for Fred who is a donkey and nowhere near as good.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
To think that Jorginho cost 50 mill or more in 2018. Didn’t Kovacic cost around 45 in 2019 too? We definitely got a great deal!

Manberg

Predator
£45m but in one lump sum. Majority of our transfers are structured over several years. This required a cash (or rather, cheque) handout by Kroenke.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Looks excellent, won't be surprised to see him excel further than Fabinho.
Admittedly, obviously I'm biased but he's already better than Fabinho. Much more in his locker IMO, though Fabinho is a wonderful player in his own right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom