• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm not arguing that, but we'll have to balance investments. You go for a CF and we'll have to watch Xhaka and Bellerin for another year, or you replace Xhaka and Bellerin and you watch Auba playing CF.
I'd rather see a world class midfield, Partey-Bissouma-ESR rather than patching other positions with questionable results of how it would work. Bissouma would take us to another level, that's almost certain and the risk for that investment would be almost 0, which you can't say for other positions/investments

Daka or Edouard would not be more than 25 million each.

Bellerin would go for at least 25-30. AMN would also fetch at least 20 million.

We could sell Nketiah for 20 million.

Guendouzi and Torreira could be sold.

We can generate through sales and use our budget and that's without taking about selling Laca or Xhaka.

There should be enough to get:

Bissouma 40 million
Daka or Edouard 25 million
A rb for 25 million
And probably everything else.

All about being smart and actually selling got cheap and not holding out for silly amounts.

Pyres7

Partey is such an intelligent passer.

One time Cedric was free on the right, most of our other CMs would have passed to him. It's not a bad pass, we keep possession but Cedric gets closed down and has nowhere to go apart from back to the CB or the CM.

What does Partey do? Crisp verticle pass into ESR and immediately makes himself available. Now ESR has options, he's got Cedric and Partey free for easy passes, which also opens up space for ESR if he can turn the man who's marking him.

Saw him do this a few times, passing to ESR, Laca or Saka even though they had a man on them instead of going straight to the full back. This is nothing ground breaking but too many of our midfielders take the obvious or safe option instead of the right one.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
The feints, the little bursts of speed and the clever passes--usually all in the space of couple of seconds--make this this guy truly what a midfielder should be. Quality moments just roll off his boots. It's just natural to him. How the **** have we got Thomas Partey? :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Watching him you see a player that was obviously coached properly, makes me wonder wtf we been doing with our players all these years. We have guys who still struggle with the basics, like Bellerin whos been here forever.

Some players just aren't good enough footballers, no matter how much you coach them tbf.

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Watching him you see a player that was obviously coached properly, makes me wonder wtf we been doing with our players all these years. We have guys who still struggle with the basics, like Bellerin whos been here forever.
I remember Partey's early days at Atleti and he was a headless chicken road runner. A series of loans, Simeone and real application on his part has made him the player he is. He always had the tools so there was a lot to work with.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I remember Partey's early days at Atleti and he was a headless chicken road runner. A series of loans, Simeone and real application on his part has made him the player he is. He always had the tools so there was a lot to work with.

That's why it is crucial to not give up on young midfielders. I think a player like Joe Willock can become decent in the future, he needs a lot of polishing. He really should have been loaned out this whole season. He needs at least 2 seasons of a serious loan in a team where he would play lots of games and be given ample responsibility.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Saw him do this a few times, passing to ESR, Laca or Saka even though they had a man on them instead of going straight to the full back. This is nothing ground breaking but too many of our midfielders take the obvious or safe option instead of the right one.
This is the thing that annoys me about Ceballos, Xhaka, Elneny, Luiz, Holding, Bellerin. They never dare to make a forward pass to a midfielder if there is opposition anywhere near the target. I can't imagine Arteta doesn't emphasize this in training, but I think those players don't trust themselves to make an accurate pass to someone being (nearly) marked.

That's why our buildup from the back is so dreadful. Can only go sideways and back if you don't want to pass to anyone within range of opposition. Glad Partey is making those passes and forward dribbles.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I always liked him, but yeah he has matured into a great all-round player.

It's great he has Arsenal DNA. Atletico coaching players so they can come straight into a starting role here for a decent amount of money. We did "a Cesc" here - too bad it wasn't Barcelona on the receiving end.

He will be just over 33 years old when his contract ends here. So maybe one extension after a couple of years. Midfield is a position where one can thrive well into later years. We got Partey!

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I always liked him, but yeah he has matured into a great all-round player.

It's great he has Arsenal DNA. Atletico coaching players so they can come straight into a starting role here for a decent amount of money. We did "a Cesc" here - too bad it wasn't Barcelona on the receiving end.

He will be just over 33 years old when his contract ends here. So maybe one extension after a couple of years. Midfield is a position where one can thrive well into later years. We got Partey!

Atleti have had/produced some really good midfielders for a while now and their forward options have been good too. Any striker or midfielder they're looking at should get a look from us too. Love Thomas.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Any striker or midfielder they're looking at should get a look from us too.
https://as.com/futbol/2021/01/14/primera/1610606176_008870.html?id_externo_rsoc=CM_ES_TW

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/ar...o-madrid-keen-on-move-for-alexandre-lacazette

https://www.skysports.com/football/...tico-madrid-from-lyon-subject-to-transfer-ban

Lyon president Jean Michel Aulas has confirmed a verbal arrangement has been reached for the prolific 25-year-old striker move to La Liga.

tenor.gif

nick gould

Partey is such an intelligent passer.

One time Cedric was free on the right, most of our other CMs would have passed to him. It's not a bad pass, we keep possession but Cedric gets closed down and has nowhere to go apart from back to the CB or the CM.

What does Partey do? Crisp verticle pass into ESR and immediately makes himself available. Now ESR has options, he's got Cedric and Partey free for easy passes, which also opens up space for ESR if he can turn the man who's marking him.

I watched the game again with the intention to observe Partey closely. I am still well impressed. So calm on the ball. Does not panic, can easily dribble away from trouble or simply release the ball before the marker get anywhere near him - A bit like Paul Scholes in that regard. In the end, people just don't feel as motivated to close him down because they know that the chances of forcing a mistake are pretty slim. They just stand off him. We can get back to dominating possession again.

With Partey at Arsenal, we can now genuinely say we have one of the best central midfielders in the world, in Tierney, we have one of the best left backs, Auba, Leno and maybe Gabriel complete our world class (or potentially) players. The future looks good too. Good time to be alive and an Arsenal fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom