• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Was watching every touch against Newcastle and noticed how overrated a super clean first touch is. He’s not quite Santi but the way he directs his first touch to burst past players is unlike anyone at the club really and then if he doesn’t burst past them he just outmuscles them instead.

A different type of press resistance I guess.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Imagine if we had two Partey's! Like literally, we could probably, like, rule the world or something. Who can we buy that is not Partey but is also actually Partey?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Imagine if we had two Partey's! Like literally, we could probably, like, rule the world or something. Who can we buy that is not Partey but is also actually Partey?
Your boy Bissouma?:lol:

Still in the minority with you in that I think we need someone a bit more creative though. Someone who gives up a little bit of what Partey gives us defensively but swaps it for more attacking ability.

Somebody like Pogba or a Gundogan...or prime Ramsey.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Your boy Bissouma?:lol:

Still in the minority with you in that I think we need someone a bit more creative though. Someone who gives up a little bit of what Partey gives us defensively but swaps it for more attacking ability.

Somebody like Pogba or a Gundogan...or prime Ramsey.

Bissouma ain't Partey for me, v good but doesn't have the grace, he's the Malian Hojberg.

I'm thinking Camavinga, that boy has legs and grace. Partey can teach him the ways of the jedi.

John oxford

Overrated player. Remembered me the hype when torreira first signed. Hope not he turned out like him. But this doesn’t change the fact that he is our current best midfielder. Unfortunately, this is our level ATM. Dropped from viera, gilberto, petit level even from cazorla, ramsey, wilshere, rosicky level to partey, xhaka, elneny and ceballos level. Poor.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Overrated player. Remembered me the hype when torreira first signed. Hope not he turned out like him. But this doesn’t change the fact that he is our current best midfielder. Unfortunately, this is our level ATM. Dropped from viera, gilberto, petit level even from cazorla, ramsey, wilshere, rosicky level to partey, xhaka, elneny and ceballos level. Poor.

You just can't compare Torreira with Partey. He is nothing like him.

Take a look at their history and how they have performed in which teams and leagues, especially in recent years, as Partey has thrived in the last couple.

Some food for thought for you. Ndidi vs. Partey comparison from last September. EPL & LaLiga are the best leagues in the World currently.

https://www.goal.com/en-cm/lists/pa...ison-of-africas-top/a33ns0lsy0rq1p8eqc40rjsdy

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
John Oxford Joined 14th January 2021.

Makes sense now.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Is it just me or does it feel weird watching Partey play?

It feels like we are cheating compared the dross we have had to use since Santi got injured. The stuff he does is physically impossible for all the mids we have, and have had, in our squad. He executes high risk dribbles so easily and can pass just as well.

Fantastic player.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

It feels like we are cheating compared the dross we have had to use since Santi got injured. The stuff he does is physically impossible for all the mids we have, and have had, in our squad. He executes high risk dribbles so easily and can pass just as well.

Fantastic player.

Unless he does a Yaya Toure - which could be possible - he seems like more than a DM but not quite a no8. I think when the shine wears off people might get annoyed and want more goals/assists from him. Something I don’t think he’ll offer much of.

You can go from hero to villain in just a few months as an Arsenal player. :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Would people really put that much emphasis on stats though?

If Thomas continues to play like this, it shouldn't matter what his numbers are...he's a midfielder, not an attacker, how he helps us control games should be what's most important...his passing, dribbling and ability to win the ball back high up, means he should be played as an 8 for me.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Unless he does a Yaya Toure - which could be possible - he seems like more than a DM but not quite a no8. I think when the shine wears off people might get annoyed and want more goals/assists from him. Something I don’t think he’ll offer much of.

You can go from hero to villain in just a few months as an Arsenal player. :lol:
I think Partey can be played in 3 different positions. He can be the sitting player of a 433- although that doesn't make use of his ball carrying skills. He can be a CM in a double pivot beautifully as we see now. I also think he can be an advanced CM in a 433, in front of a sitting player but with more defensive responsibility than the other CM who would be able to get more involved in the final third.

For me I like the last 2 the most. He's probably the best in a double pivot I would say. I say he's between a no.6 and no.8. Because he's so good at defending and you want him back there but you don't want him being too deep and not carrying the ball in more dangerous areas, I feel like it would be a waste.

But yeah defo not goals and assists, he's not that type of player. In simple terms Partey is a no.8 at a push but mostly a hybrid. He's good at basically every other stat on an ultimate team card but shooting so we need to let him off in that regard :lol:. I start expecting an end product from players who are meant to have that as a primary or secondary part of their game e.g. a Ramsey.

Toure was just something else though, he would be deep in his midfield all game, bring the ball out and score a worldie. He was a much better ball striker than Partey but I think Partey is the better defender and almost matches him with ball carrying and stuff like long passing.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Was watching every touch against Newcastle and noticed how overrated a super clean first touch is. He’s not quite Santi but the way he directs his first touch to burst past players is unlike anyone at the club really and then if he doesn’t burst past them he just outmuscles them instead.

A different type of press resistance I guess.

This is a really important point.

He uses his first touch to play the ball. Our other midfielders use theirs to control it.

He’s a different level

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Would people really put that much emphasis on stats though?

If Thomas continues to play like this, it shouldn't matter what his numbers are...he's a midfielder, not an attacker, how he helps us control games should be what's most important...his passing, dribbling and ability to win the ball back high up, means he should be played as an 8 for me.
Yeah I love what he’s doing but it’s something I could see happening. Especially if we play a more defensive player with him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If somebody said to me that the reason Patrick Vieira isn't the best midfielder in Premiership history, is because he didn't score enough goals...think I would honestly bring a sledgehammer out :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
This is a really important point.

He uses his first touch to play the ball. Our other midfielders use theirs to control it.

He’s a different level
Good way to put it. When I'm not playing well myself on the pitch I will be just tryna take the speed out of the ball with my touch, but when I'm playing well and confident I try to use the momentum of the pass to my advantage (if there is an opportunity to). Not saying I'm a pro footballer or anything but Xhaka and Ceballos are poor at those kind of things for the level they play at. In the PL you need at least one CM who can do that because teams are so solid and compact against us that if we don't, its all way too predictable and slow.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Good way to put it. When I'm not playing well myself on the pitch I will be just tryna take the speed out of the ball with my touch, but when I'm playing well and confident I try to use the momentum of the pass to my advantage (if there is an opportunity to). Not saying I'm a pro footballer or anything but Xhaka and Ceballos are poor at those kind of things for the level they play at. In the PL you need at least one CM who can do that because teams are so solid and compact against us that if we don't, its all way too predictable and slow.

An even better way to put it!

samshere

Why so serieuse?

Fantastic player.
Get the feeling watching him that I got while watching Auba after 5 years of Giroud. You forget that footballers are able to do certain things when you don't see it for some time.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

True about being a villain but Partey can break up play, drive forward and pass it to the creatives. It sounds sounds so simple but its what we've been missing. I'm not going to put a goal/assist burden on him any more than I would Flamini 2007 or Coq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom