• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Partey is becoming like the classic Wenger players. They played really well in Arsenes team but when they moved on they weren't as effective. And that comparison seems to work for a few Atlético players that moved on recently in Griezzman, Saul recently and Partey. Of course there are some successes (Rodri) but it's a patchy success rate.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Partey is becoming like the classic Wenger players. They played really well in Arsenes team but when they moved on they weren't as effective. And that comparison seems to work for a few Atlético players that moved on recently in Griezzman, Saul recently and Partey. Of course there are some successes (Rodri) but it's a patchy success rate.

Tbf Saul has been finished for a couple of years now. The guy peaked in 2016.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He had a below par game and he'll rightfully get blamed for the first goal but I was annoyed he received the ball in the first place. As a single pivot, I think he did well not to get over run but its a mad system to play. He should be getting game time with Lokonga and AMN. It's like Arteta wants him to look awful so Xhaka can walk straight back in to the team.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

I wouldn't call Rodri a particular *success*. He plays in a very good team, just doing his thing. But he's far from the best DLP in the prem. Chug him into Arsenal and he's not going to elevate us, if even a starter.

OSBK

Established Member
I wouldn't call Rodri a particular *success*. He plays in a very good team, just doing his thing. But he's far from the best DLP in the prem. Chug him into Arsenal and he's not going to elevate us, if even a starter.

Really? I get your point about him being in a good team. Would be interested to know how many dlp's you rate above him in the league, must be a few.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Really? I get your point about him being in a good team. Would be interested to know how many dlp's you rate above him in the league, must be a few.
I mean yes, I don't think he replaces any of the prominent ones to be honest.

He's not putting up better numbers, nor is he exempt from the position's fault (among else gets caught on the ball too), nor does he put something exceptional up in his passing like the others are capable of at times. On the international stage he also doesn't put up quite the impression the others do. And yes, he does have more competition there, but he's had plenty of appearances too and been the okiest of ok.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I mean yes, I don't think he replaces any of the prominent ones to be honest.

He's not putting up better numbers, nor is he exempt from the position's fault (among else gets caught on the ball too), nor does he put something exceptional up in his passing like the others are capable of at times. On the international stage he also doesn't put up quite the impression the others do. And yes, he does have more competition there, but he's had plenty of appearances too and been the okiest of ok.
He’s got the best pass completion in the league, has pretty much benched Fernandinho and plays almost every game for the best overall team in the league.

He’s one of those players that you just have to accept is good, even if you don’t really get it. Only Fabinho can really compete with him.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Meanwhile Partey just looks like a guy that should sit back and defend but A-M start creaming themselves when he plays his one line breaking pass every 3 games.

Guy isn’t even better than Xhaka, nobody can tell me he’s shown that he’s better than Xhaka.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Meanwhile Partey just looks like a guy that should sit back and defend but A-M start creaming themselves when he plays his one line breaking pass every 3 games.

Guy isn’t even better than Xhaka, nobody can tell me he’s shown that he’s better than Xhaka.

Not better overall?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I dont think he played particularly well, but it seems like most players are struggling under Arteta.

Here is an interesting stat. We played a 4 3 3/ 4231 while Ødegaard and ESR were both on the pitch. ESR and Ødegaard combined, made 0 tackles. Not one tackle in 90 minutes. What is Partey meant to do with that?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Still remember when we signed him and A-M were getting Hard-Ons saying he could play most advanced in a trio with Xhaka and Ceballos because he's "like a 10", :lol:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I dont think he played particularly well, but it seems like most players are struggling under Arteta.

Here is an interesting stat. We played a 4 3 3/ 4231 while Ødegaard and ESR were both on the pitch. ESR and Ødegaard combined, made 0 tackles. Not one tackle in 90 minutes. What is Partey meant to do with that?
Ødegaard's business has the potential to end up being poor, especially when a guy like Bissouma was there. The combined fee of Ode and Lokonga would very likely be enough to get him so it wouldn't even be a financial hit.

I was hoping that Ode would somehow click in a deeper role being small in frame and he would do for us what Veratti, Modric, and Kovacic do for others, but it doesn't look like he is that player. Whatever combination we try to play on in our heads, it looks like ESR and Ode can't be on the pitch at the same time.

Bissouma and Partey would've been the CM duo we were all waiting for, strong technically and physically. I wonder what was the thought process in Arteta's head to say Ode gets us more than Bissouma

But I'm not the expert, Arteta and Edu are

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Who said he could play in that kind of advanced role?
People were comparing him to Paddy and making him sound like someone that could have a similar impact to Yaya Toure and so on.

Man can’t even shoot.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Would people be keeping that same energy had Xhaka lost the ball like Partey and Palace ended up scoring?

Not a fan of this constant favouritism on this forum especially as I have no attachment to any of these players, I just say what I see on the pitch. If Xhaka plays well then he’ll be credited, none of this leeway crap that some are getting.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ødegaard's business has the potential to end up being poor, especially when a guy like Bissouma was there. The combined fee of Ode and Lokonga would very likely be enough to get him so it wouldn't even be a financial hit.

I was hoping that Ode would somehow click in a deeper role being small in frame and he would do for us what Veratti, Modric, and Kovacic do for others, but it doesn't look like he is that player. Whatever combination we try to play on in our heads, it looks like ESR and Ode can't be on the pitch at the same time.

Bissouma and Partey would've been the CM duo we were all waiting for, strong technically and physically. I wonder what was the thought process in Arteta's head to say Ode gets us more than Bissouma

But I'm not the expert, Arteta and Edu are
I think he has limitations, but he does have quality. However I don't think we will see his true quality under Arteta.

I think that ESR and Ødegaard can play together as fundamentally they play differently. Ødegaard comes to the ball where as ESR is all about making runs off it. Yet ESR is currently being asked to fill in at right back so Tomiyasu can push forward.

Pepe, Saka, Martinelli, ESR, Auba, Tierney all want to run beyond.

Ødegaard, Partey, Lacazette, Lokonga, Xhaka all want to come to the ball.

Arteta is over complicating things. Play a combination of runners and players who come to the ball then ensure the runners actually have freedom to run. What is ESR going to do filling in at rb for Tomiyasu?

I don't have anything against positional rotation, but it has to be about having runners. I also feel Tierney has a starting position as the left side attack. He doesn't arrive on an overlap as he is already there. Why is he tasked with being so high up? Why does our rb have to tuck in all the time? Why can't Tierney tuck in some times and allow a rb to push forward? It is positional rotation with no freedom and no vertical movement.

I think the combination of players is more important than the formation we play. We need to be able to hold width on both sides of the pitch with combinations available. Ideally a ball winner would also make sense.

He doesn't play players to fit a system or who have a specific attribute. He just plays who he likes. He tries to fit everyone in and only Lacazette, Pepe, Martinelli and AMN are regularly excluded.

We actually have interesting profiles, so the fact he serves up this robotic, boring, positional rotation says a lot. It reminds me of United under Van Gaal.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
I've seen it's been mentioned, but he needs to be fined every time he takes a potshot from 30m. There's instances when it's worth a punt, but a lot of the time the shot is not on, and he's just forcing the issue with little hope of a positive return. Absolutely infuriating when we give away possession so cheaply.

Still our best midfielder and the only one who can dominate the match for us in his position, but he's way too inconsistent. He can be world class one week, and Championship level the next.

Latest posts

Top Bottom