• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Poor for their goal. Some stray passes but overall good. And thankfully finally gets on the scoresheet!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Takes like 100 shots, no goal.

1 bullet header...I love this game!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nice performance but looks like the sloppy passing is here to stay.

The good thing is he has the power/motivation to usually win it back after he’s lost it.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I was expecting a torrid time in the midfield today but we continually won the ball with relative ease; particularly in the first half. Lots of passengers for Villa today. Our midfield was dominant but I don't know how much to put it down to Sambi/Partey improving or the Villa midfield just being terrible.

It's funny his goal came from header and not shot he played very well today still bother me why he clumsy with ball at times and always try hold ball for long.
Think it's relatively simple - lack of movement ahead of him at time. He is definitely pretty easy going on the ball but more time as the main and that will improve. Has had a very stop start beginning to his Arsenal career but he is quality and it's starting to show.

The players ahead of him need to make runs and moves for him. Think Laca is a good outlet for him also.

GunnerShy

He scored and could have had three. His passing can be considered sloppy but for me, its high risk, high reward. He just needs to refine it a littke. With Lokonga, he formed a double pivot that linked defence to attack. He's a complete midfielder.
Everytime we've played them they've overran us in Midfield. It was nice to win the battle in midfield today. Everything flowed from that

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Everytime we've played them they've overran us in Midfield. It was nice to win the battle in midfield today. Everything flowed from that
They overran us because he’s expected to do everything in midfield by himself. He is not a lone 6. Even Busquete or Casemiro don’t do everything by themselves and they’re elite single pivots.

He spent his entire career at Athletico as in a double pivot. I don’t understand why Arteta hasn’t learnt this. If he wanted a lone 6 then he should’ve looked elsewhere. I never understood why you would want to vacate your midfield. You’re basically telling the opponents to come through the middle right into zone 14. It’s really strange as to why Arteta commits to it.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I was expecting a torrid time in the midfield today but we continually won the ball with relative ease; particularly in the first half. Lots of passengers for Villa today. Our midfield was dominant but I don't know how much to put it down to Sambi/Partey improving or the Villa midfield just being terrible.
Arsenal never do well. The other team just plays poorly

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Partey is class, especially with his positioning and his ability to progressive ball between the lines.

He needs to choose his moments a bit better though. Wouldn’t say his passing is sloppy, more his selection of pass option is abit questionable. You don’t always need to fizz a 15 yard pass into someone at pace every time.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Thought he oozed class in the first half especially. Nice to see him attacking the box a bit more as well, probably possible because we were so dominant. Yes, there were a few things to work on, but he's got a great all round game - pace, strength, tackles, anticipation, passing range, running and dribbling. He's really growing into the season, need to keep him fit.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Would people be keeping that same energy had Xhaka lost the ball like Partey and Palace ended up scoring?

Not a fan of this constant favouritism on this forum especially as I have no attachment to any of these players, I just say what I see on the pitch. If Xhaka plays well then he’ll be credited, none of this leeway crap that some are getting.
Parteys had the ball nicked once. Xhaka has a substantial back catalogue of misplaced passes leading to goals plus numerous other assorted incomprehensible brain farts.

Don't think its any deeper than that mate.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

compating him to that clown xhaka because he lost the ball. This man does so much good while that slow idiot constantly cost us. Lets hope he is out longer than January. Nobody misses him

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
compating him to that clown xhaka because he lost the ball. This man does so much good while that slow idiot constantly cost us. Lets hope he is out longer than January. Nobody misses him
Not a fan of Granit, but we need that option back asap. Too much pressure on Lokonga and what if he gets injured? We're fvcked.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom