• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I've seen clips of him for Ghana and it looks like he does that for them but I'm not sure if that's totally accurate. I'm sure there was stories from our friends at The Athletic that he'd came here to do that as well but yeah that's not his game. Definitely way more Gilberto than Vieira.
Yeah wouldn’t surprise me if he does that for Ghana, similar to how Alaba plays CM for Austria. Obi Mikel used to play 10 for Nigeria and so on…

Partey is better than all our no8 options but we are trying to get to the level of teams who have players like him at DM and better ball players at the 8. It will work for now but it won’t work if we are actually trying to go places.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I might be going slightly over the top but I’m just not a fan of the double standards when it comes to Xhaka and Partey.

As much as he looks like a promising talent, there’s no way we should have a spent 20m or whatever it was on Lokonga instead of an experienced option like Ruben Neves. The midfield is arguably the most important part of the team and Partey/Xhaka would look a lot better with someone like Neves alongside them to control the game.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Yeah wouldn’t surprise me if he does that for Ghana, similar to how Alaba plays CM for Austria. Obi Mikel used to play 10 for Nigeria and so on…

Partey is better than all our no8 options but we are trying to get to the level of teams who have players like him at DM and better ball players at the 8. It will work for now but it won’t work if we are actually trying to go places.

Yeah if we could a massive upgrade next to him it would do us the world of good. Can't keep going into these games with the opposition bypassing our midfield.

Who is both available and willing to come though is another story.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Signing someone like Declan Rice or Kalvin Phillips would have been a smarter option tbf.

Partey is officially dusted imo.
I wouldn't go that far, plus Rice at one stage would have cost north of 80 mil. He's not that good and he was never coming here anyways. Also I have a feeling Bielsa's Kalvin Phillips and Arteta's version of Kalvin Phillips would be two very different propositions.

I've not been enamoured by this Partey signing at all though, which is sad to say about my compatriot. I look at his time here though (not even including yesterday) and I really do wonder how players are judged here at times.

To date, he's been an absolute nothing signing.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I wouldn't go that far, plus Rice at one stage would have cost north of 80 mil. He's not that good and he was never coming here anyways. Also I have a feeling Bielsa's Kalvin Phillips and Arteta's version of Kalvin Phillips would be two very different propositions.

I've not been enamoured by this Partey signing at all though, which is sad to say about my compatriot. I look at his time here though (not even including yesterday) and I really do wonder how players are judged here at times.

What you said about Kelvin Phillips is true for Partey too. Simone Partey vs Arteta Partey are not the same level, I remember watching Partey vs Liverpool when he was at Atletico and was one of the best players on the pitch and nullified the. Arteta isn’t getting that out of him.

I’ll always have time for Partey tbh cos I’ve seen what he can do. Maybe the PL might be too much for his health but I still rate him highly.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What you said about Kelvin Phillips is true for Partey too. Simone Partey vs Arteta Partey are not the same level, I remember watching Partey vs Liverpool when he was at Atletico and was one of the best players on the pitch and nullified the. Arteta isn’t getting that out of him.

I’ll always have time for Partey tbh cos I’ve seen what he can do. Maybe the PL might be too much for his health but I still rate him highly.

He was also quality against us in the Europa league in 2018, especially in the game were we had an extra man for about 80 minutes.

I do worry that he thinks he is better than us, so he isn't trying as hard...as you say, easier to run through walls for Diego than Mikel

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I do worry that he thinks he is better than us, so he isn't trying as hard...as you say, easier to run through walls for Diego than Mikel
Well he definitely was when he got here, CL finalist beating (almost) prime Barca/Madrid to a La Liga as well.

Since getting here though he’s been outperformed (availability is an attribute too) by Xhaka and that’s crazy to me.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Not looking good for you lot in terms of the AFCON, I saw on Twitter that Amartey was getting rinsed too by the Leicester fans for his disasterclass.

Both of the Ayew brothers have to turn up for them to stand a chance.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Not looking good for you lot in terms of the AFCON, I saw on Twitter that Amartey was getting rinsed too by the Leicester fans for his disasterclass.

Both of the Ayew brothers have to turn up for them to stand a chance.
I tried telling @RunTheTrap about Ghana NT, but he was all like nar nar truss me chale.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

C5A9B0AA-B17D-4B4A-B751-78C6394498FD.jpeg

I can understand when he’s playing with Lokonga as he’s a kid that we shouldn’t have signed in the first place but when you look at that midfield with Partey alongside Saúl Ñíguez, is there really any excuse that he shouldn’t be performing alongside Xhaka? Since Saúl’s profile in terms of qualities he provides aren’t too different to Xhaka.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I refuse to believe this is the same man we saw dominating the midfield for Atletico all those years ago.

It's as though Ali Dia reborn is flopping about in midfield for us 🤣

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
He's never been a midfielder that can run the midfield on his own, not at Atletico and not here. He needs an experienced midfield partner next to him...all his best performances have come when he's been played alongside Xhaka...
This. It was thought he was Arsenals messiah on his own. He need high quality midfielders partnering him like he had at Atletico.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There were alot of poor passing but he massive for our midfield because against teams that not better than us he make us dominate the game easily he won alot 50/50 today

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Was fine, but has plenty more in his locker. Where was the mandatory blast from outside the box? I feel a little lost without it, it has become an Arsenal tradition, part of the matchday ritual.

Legend14

Established Member
Today’s match was as poor as I have seen him play and I am a huge fan of the player. He looked as if he is still hurt or simply not motivated. His focus was not there again this week. He passed 5 or more balls straight to the other side. He wasn’t a beast defensively and offered nothing going forward. Not sure where he expected to influence the match.

I expected a much larger presence from him and so far he has not delivered this season for whatever the reason.

I hope he turns it around. He can’t be made of glass and play in the PL. Too many setbacks so far.

Top Bottom