• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He’ll be superb for them over there. He’s a high quality player and Simeone will give him the job he’s most capable of doing.

His ceiling is a bench player, I don't see why some Arsenal fans think he's so good. Shown nothing to do deserve the praise.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

DSTV is the major pan African sports broadcaster and they blew up around the time of the invincibles. Arsenal has a HUGE base because of Thierry Henry, Vieira, Lauren, Kolo, Kanu et al. Chelsea also because of Drogba and Essien. Pool because of Mané and to a lesser extent Salah.

City have relatively few by comparison.

Barely related story but on Salah I stupidly underestimated how big he was in Egypt.

Spent some time in Cairo a couple years back and it was when he was having his break out season. Was on almost every billboard and advert I saw out there.

Bars all over the place were packed out with locals watching Liverpool games in Salah shirts, I’ve never seen such a universal devotion to one player.

If only Elneny was good we’d have hundreds of thousands more fans :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
His ceiling is a bench player, I don't see why some Arsenal fans think he's so good. Shown nothing to do deserve the praise.
So you’ve erased all his good form for the club then, and only want to remember the sad ending? He was very good in Italy, he’s very good internationally and he was very good for us. He was getting lots of praise on here at one point. Simeone’s not such a terrible judge, is he?

Last edited:

Pyres7

If anyone could get the best out of Torreira, it's probably Simeone. It's his kind of player.

The problem for Torreira is that he'll be unfairly compared to Partey.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I am so pleased to get this guy & I could not believe when I heard we were going for him on deadline day. I've heard Atletico are furious with him but they can only blame themselves, he deserved to be on more then what he was on & they did have a pretty decent release clause on him, business is business & we had to do it, he did aswell.

He'll be a crucial guy for us, who knows where he is going to play & who with but we've got our man & that is all that matters. I just hope he doesn't do a 1-2 year turn on us if someone goes in for him if we aren't in the CL. Tbh that is kind of what I am worried about haha.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So you’ve erased all his good form for the club then, and only want to remember the sad ending? He was very good in Italy, he’s very good internationally and he was very good for us. He was getting lots of praise on here at one point. Simeone’s not such a terrible judge, is he?

Torreira excels at 2 or 3 specific things. Tenacity, anticipation, and ball recovery. I don’t think there are many better at his age at what he does.

For whatever reason Emery decided to try and experiment with him as a box to box midfielder, then in random games as a number 10.

Ironically I think he’d thrive alongside someone with Partey’s mobility. Anyone who plays alongside Xhaka or Guendouzi has had to do a lot of legwork, especially in the Emery teams.

I’m lowkey hoping he impresses but Atleti choose not to take up the buy option. €20m is a bargain for a player like him.

BigPoppaPump

He had like 4 decent games for us that got overhyped because he was new. I didn't watch him in Italy or for Uruguay so I can only judge him on his Arsenal form, weak and no passing skills. Hope he never plays here again, can't stand his constant diving and falling on the floor easy.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Torreira excels at 2 or 3 specific things. Tenacity, anticipation, and ball recovery. I don’t think there are many better at his age at what he does.

For whatever reason Emery decided to try and experiment with him as a box to box midfielder, then in random games as a number 10.

Ironically I think he’d thrive alongside someone with Partey’s mobility. Anyone who plays alongside Xhaka or Guendouzi has had to do a lot of legwork, especially in the Emery teams.

I’m lowkey hoping he impresses but Atleti choose not to take up the buy option. €20m is a bargain for a player like him.

I thought he could do a job further forward but not as a creative player solely because that’s obviously not his game. I thought Emery’s idea was to have him turn over possession high up and then make the best of it. His position was that of a 10 but that wasn’t his job description. It didn’t work and it ****ed an already pretty fragile soul... I agree, his job would be much clearer now with Partey around, which may have been Simeone’s plan for the season.

say yes

forum master baiter

Atletico don't have a buy option. Torreira's agent confirmed it's just a loan with no option. Another reason why Atletico fans are raging.

Great for us as like you I think he'll do very well for Simeone.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He had like 4 decent games for us that got overhyped because he was new. I didn't watch him in Italy or for Uruguay so I can only judge him on his Arsenal form, weak and no passing skills. Hope he never plays here again, can't stand his constant diving and falling on the floor easy.
****ing hell what happened to your theory that he’d do very well with Partey? That evaporated pretty quick :lol:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Atletico don't have a buy option. Torreira's agent confirmed it's just a loan with no option. Another reason why Atletico fans are raging.

Great for us as like you I think he'll do very well for Simeone.

Nice!

BigPoppaPump

****ing hell what happened to your theory that he’d do very well with Partey? That evaporated pretty quick :lol:

Don't think that was me, I've been anti-Torreira since Jan 2019. I agree with Arteta in not playing him at all.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I agree with Pump in that he got way too much praise for what he was bringing to the table.

I hope and expect Atheletico works out for him. A lot of things going for him over there that he did not have here, he has enough about him that he will give it a good go.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Reckon Edu is trying to shape the team around a more modern day version of the invincibles.

A team that had an excellent spine. A physical/technical presence in Vieira (Partey). An elite striker who will guarantee you 20+ league goals a season in Henry (Auba). A dominant CB partnership with pace, power and ability in Toure and big Sol (Saliba and Gabriel). And a top goalkeeper in Lehmann (Leno).

The only thing I think we sorely miss is a Bergkamp type player to offer some magic. But I think gone are the days of that sadly. We're likely to see more of a 433 with a creative mid instead of your normal number 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom