• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Its not even true... no denying they have always had an element in the fan base but the club is pretty progressive.

Look at the people Roman has appointed in key positions above the manager over the years... race & gender wise more diverse than most.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

@Erlis has always been a terrible and pointless poster who's made more than a handful of racist remarks, why is he still allowed on this forum?

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Hope we temper our expectations from this lad, he's a better version of Doucoure, not a better version of Pogba.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I actually think he's at least as good as pogba overall. Pogba never had the defensive traits Partey had. He's the more complete player
Pogba still lives off his hype at Juve and decent performances for France, he's honestly had about a handful of great games for United.
I'm talking about the France Pogba, not the Utd one. We shouldn't expect Partey to be the ghanian french Pogba.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I actually think he's at least as good as pogba overall. Pogba never had the defensive traits Partey had. He's the more complete player
This is why I stopped looking at his compilations. But at the end of the day as long as he produces what he does in his compilations then that will do for me. I’m not looking or expecting a Yaya off-the-leash from Barca type revelation like we saw with him at City,

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
This is why I stopped looking at his compilations. But at the end of the day as long as he produces what he does in his compilations then that will do for me. I’m not looking or expecting a Yaya off-the-leash from Barca type revelation like we saw with him at City,

Yaya is probably still underrated on here.
The most dominant midfielder I have ever seen in the league.

A freak of nature.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Vieira was the most dominate midfielder this league has seen imo, only really Roy Keane can match Paddy's importance in both attack and defence.

Toure was brilliant going forward, but was a little Özil-esque in his defending for City...which was weird as he was quite good defensively for Barca, though he probably respected Barca as a club more than Oil City FC, so he didn't try as hard in that regard.

That's what really separates Vieira from the Yayas/Pogbas/Diabys, his ball winning ability was super as well, not just what he did on the ball...Always thought Essien was the closest to Paddy in playstyle, though as good as he was Vieira was just next level.

Last edited:

Aubamagoal

Vieira was the most dominate midfielder this league has seen imo, only really Roy Keane can match Paddy's importance in both attack and defence.

Toure was brilliant going forward, but was a little Özil-esque in his defending for City.

That's what really separates Vieira from the Yayas/Pogbas/Diabys, his ball winning ability was super as well, not just what he did on the ball...Always thought Essien was the closet to Paddy in playstyle, though as good as he was Vieira was just next level.

I miss Paddy. A true warrior. Him, Henry and the blokes from the 2000s era were men that played for glory, and were the main reason why Wengers laid back management style worked. Vieira did all the marshalling and whipped the opposition in line.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
And Partey doesn’t have the attacking traits Pogba has but that’s fine because they’re two completely different types of players.

Come to think of it, a Pogba-Partey midfield would be insane. Maybe we can make it happen next year when his contract expires :shivering:

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Hope we temper our expectations from this lad, he's a better version of Doucoure, not a better version of Pogba.

If he is a better version of Pogba then we will be competing to win the league. Cause Pogba at his best is world class level. Size, strength, technique and vision. Pogba just doesn't have the motor or consistency to be ranked among the greats. I don't think Partey is as gifted as Pogba, but he prob has a better attitude and a can be the engine in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom