<

Thomas Partey: His Hamstring Is Ghana

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by field442, Oct 5, 2020.

1. DUFFMAN

DUFFMAN Well-Known Member

He played 2.5 games for us:lol::lol:

Pyres7, Macho and oh to be a goon like this.
  2. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

Valid points. Always felt that big gap between midfield and forwards which resulted in us always attacking through wings. But the root cause of the issue seems to be that poor quality of defense and midfield forced us to add an extra body at the back that affects our attacking play.
    With Gabriel and Holding doing a good job at the back, it is time we move on to 4231. Having someone like Aouar in the team would have been perfect. Partey would have the perfect player to link with. After what looks like eternity, we would finally be able to attack through the middle again.

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  3. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Dr. Pangloss

Cant believe there's deep in depth analysis videos of Partey In our team when he hasn't really been in our team :lol::lol:

4. Trilly

Trilly Full-Time Respecter Of Women Trusted

Makes sense.

Our old 4231 was very good, we just didn’t have that special defensive player who could make up for us not having a three man midfield.

We do with Partey so playing him with Elneny is a waste of the security he provides imo. Look how Chelsea basically get away with playing 5 attacking minded players ahead of Kante, I think we could do something similar with Partey.

Think even a subpar Özil would help our attack out quite a bit, failing that we need to sign a no10 in Jan to save this season.

5. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

It's more about the general limitations of the 3-4-3 system we used, which have been prevalent before Partey came in and how the issues were still there in the games with Partey.

6. Tir Na Nog

I honestly think that'd be a tremendous waste of Partey's strengths tbh. I prefer him as the more advanced in a double pivot with a more defensive player alongside him. Tho tbh I'd rather it wasn't Elneny, but at the moment he fills a role, a basic one but he takes the ball from the defence and gets it to Partey in the middle of the park. Partey and Kante are too incredibly different players too. Partey's far better on the ball then he is without it. He's far better making those killer progressive passes, spraying it wide. Using his dribbling skills. I think we need a more defensive player alongside him tbh.

7. Trilly

I guess we fully disagree here. :lol:

While I do want him as our deepest midfielder I still want him progressing the ball, far from a sitting role. I just don’t think Partey is the midfielder we want making late runs into the box.

I’d like a Willock type player alongside him, someone equally as well rounded but with that nose for goal and then an out and out number 10. Might be too attacking but I’m dying of thirst over here.

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  8. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

Just throwing another body in the mix because your team is **** at defending is absolutely the worst reaction to that problem.

And Arsenal is still **** at defending so if that's Arteta's plan - to just field more defensive players in the hopes of the result being better defending - come January Mikel will field a 7-2-1 or what?

Malky and Maybe like this.
  9. Tir Na Nog

I think it's way too attacking, or certainly that the risks outweigh what it might give us offensively. You're essentially asking Partey to play as a 6, I'd much rather play him as an 8. I guess that's just in terms of how we view the game. For me it'd be a bit like us deciding Gilberto wasn't needed and we should play midfielder who'd get forward a bit more and let Vieira do most of the defensive work. Our style of play already has both full-backs looking to get into advanced areas, personally I like that number 6 there who'll sit back help with stopping transitions.

Trilly likes this.
  10. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

Throwing extra body into defense started during Wenger time itself. He played a back 3 after so many years of playing 4 at the back. Emery started with regular 4 at the back and then he also started throwing more players at the back. In the end, Emery was playing almost that 7-2-1 you mentioned. Arteta was also taking that route and making similar mistakes. But going by the last two matches, there are signs that Arteta has realised this mistake and is working on getting better moving forward. How successful he is in doing that? We have to wait and see.

Maybe likes this.
  11. Trilly

You’re probably right tbh, that sounds a lot more balanced, ultimately depends on how well Partey can do the box to box role, he’ll need to add a few goals to his game then.

Do I trust this club to find a no6 though? :lol:

12. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Attention Seeker

RIP NLD

mpower2540 likes this.
  13. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness. We are going to be destroyed every week now.

14. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

15. DUFFMAN

Do we ever catch a break:lol:

Red London likes this.
  16. boonthegoon

6 weeks apparently acc to Twitter.

Basically half the season gone. That too at his prime age. Sigh.

Red London likes this.
  17. DUFFMAN

6 more weeks????

mpower2540 likes this.
  18. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

19. boonthegoon

4 more it seems

20. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

6 more weeks or 2 more weeks? Because he been 1 month out if it's 2 more weeks then it's acceptable with thigh injures

oh to be a goon and Red London like this.