• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Definitely seems to be holding back somewhat. However, it must be said the hysteria from some in this thread is real and is sort of a mirror for the rest of the posting on the forum.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Didn't have the greatest of games, but you can tell he's being managed back to full health.

Hopefully the club and Mikel keep at it and either bring him on/take him off at the 60th minute mark against Sp**s.

While I'd hate to be done a double, I'd hate not having him for the rest of the season even more. Needs to get integrated.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

His only game that was the standard I expected was United away. For £45m you expect better, injuries have played their part but surely he’s fit now?
Can I enquire why his debut game in the Europa where his performance was lauded by everyone across the board doesn’t meet your standard?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yeah I don't get this one.

Look, let's get a real; he's not been great of late but I think it's clear that injuries have disrupted his flow as he slapped Utd with what looked like 75% effort/difficulty.

Once he gets a run together he'll prove his worth, this is one I'd bet my mortgage on he's just too good a midfielder to flop (famous last words).
Even in the limited time we've seen him on the pitch, I've seen him do stuff that I've not seen a midfielder do since Vieira, and he's made it look like he can do it with his eyes shut. I know what I see, and it's got nothing whatsoever to do with how great, good or shyte his other partners are. I'm not related to him and I'm not some paid journo shill with an agenda either. I just watch footballers!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Definitely seems to be holding back somewhat. However, it must be said the hysteria from some in this thread is real and is sort of a mirror for the rest of the posting on the forum.
It's seeped into every thread. It stinks. I imagine it to be like living in Bekton.

Melquiades

I thought he was actually pretty good today in 90% of what he did, but the other 10% was absolutely mindbogglingly terrible shot selection and execution, and the optics of those terrible shooting attempts kind of undermine all the other good things he's doing.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He was average today. He has the tendency to overestimate his strength and sometimes he loses it. It happened 3 times on my count. He is still progressive even when he's poor I'll say that. I think when Partey is poor the team doesn't suffer as a whole compared to when Xhaka is poor. It's like a Partey 5/10 Is better than a Xhaka or Cellabos 5/10. I'm not sure if that makes sense but at no point did I feel like we're gonna lose this game cos of him. Plus, he can't shoot. Thomas needs to watch Xhaka or Elneny in training because I don't think he's hit the target since Old Trafford away. He could get 4 or 5 goals a season with a bit of work in that regard.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Prime, non injured Diaby or Partey?
I've been critical of Partey peformances this season, especially for the amount we paid for him he been very disappointing so far.

Partey did produce a few good peformances earlier in the season however. That's already eclipsed the 1 good game for us that Diaby had in 124 matches (that game aginst Pool).

Setting the bar very low with Diaby comparisons to our most expensive CM signing ever. That would be like comparing Tierney to fullbacks the level of Troare, Bellerin and Jenkinson.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He was average today. He has the tendency to overestimate his strength and sometimes he loses it. It happened 3 times on my count. He is still progressive even when he's poor I'll say that. I think when Partey is poor the team doesn't suffer as a whole compared to when Xhaka is poor. It's like a Partey 5/10 Is better than a Xhaka or Cellabos 5/10. I'm not sure if that makes sense but at no point did I feel like we're gonna lose this game cos of him. Plus, he can't shoot. Thomas needs to watch Xhaka or Elneny in training because I don't think he's hit the target since Old Trafford away. He could get 4 or 5 goals a season with a bit of work in that regard.

I think you mean a 5/10 Partey is like a 7/10 Xhaka. A 10/10 Xhaka is like a 7/10 Partey. A 10/10 Partey is a level that Xhaka cant even reach.

He is clearly rusty. It just shows you how bad the decision to rush him back was. He should have been eased in and had under 23 games to get him up to speed and we probably would have seen a fit Partey for a while now.

Legend14

Established Member
Some posters do not recognize that the player has been injured and has not played much.

Arsenal dominated 55 minutes of the match until Partey went off the pitch. He played very well today. You can’t evaluate his effort or role on the two shots he took today.

He went off either because he felt something or he is being rested for Sp**s. There is absolutely no way the decision was tactical.

Last edited:

RacingPhoton

Established Member
My favourite part was his pass for the first goal. Olympiakos defender made a misplaced pass straight to him. But Partey didn't even have to take a touch to control the ball. Receiving the ball at that position can surprise some players and they would want some time to collect their thoughts. But Partey just made a pass to Ode without even having to take that extra touch. He knew exactly where our players were. Xhaka would have done an about turn and passed it back in that exact situation. Partey was rusty. But he was still pulling out those glorious moves.

Other than fitness, he is least of our problems.
The problem for us is finding a partner for him this summer. Given that both Ceballos and Xhaka have been ****ting bed. I wonder what we are going to do this summer. We are definitely not going to buy two midfielders in a single window. We would buy one. It's important that Willock does well on the loan.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

What game was that?

What about the first half of the ill-fated game at Wolves, before the Luiz hand-grenade, where Partey was spraying the ball around left right and centre, creating chances at will?

Thomas Partey wears the number 18 shirt.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Rapid Vienna. :lol:

As you were.

tumblr_nlb7x51m2Y1qbxh0uo1_500.gifv

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why are people talking about his quality? That’s not in doubt.

This season, for various reasons has been terrible for him, and next season he’s off to the African nations for two months.

I’m worried when we’re going to see the real Partey.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
In the mornings now, I preemptively make myself a sandwich, wrap it in tinfoil and then put it in the fridge to eat later...after I eat it a few hours later, I make the tinfoil into a ball and throw it round the house for my cat to chase, as she loves it.

She won't go near the expensive self-moving mouse toy I got her for Christmas, but if she finds any tinfoil on the ground she will bring it to me to play with her, the little weirdo :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom