• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I do hate his willingness to shoot from range. It’s fine if you’re somewhat prolific, but I don’t think that’s ever been his game.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I thought Arteta missed a trick in the last 20 minutes. He and Laca looked the most knackered, and I was surprised that it took so long to make the Laca sub and that Partey who’s still not at 100% fitness was left on. Having said that, Partey needs to work through his physical tiredness, strengthen his mental state and not make silly mistakes when he’s knackered. It’s the next frontier for improvement, together with his shooting.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I know this forum have a "not allowed to crticise no matter how bad he is" ban on Partey similar to what there was for Bellerin between his 2nd till his 5th of so season (people are actually allowed to criticise him now on here) and Ramsey post leg break. But I don't play by those fan girl groupies rules.
While clearly not at 100% Partey has earned the respect of pundits, ex pros and majority of the Arsenal fanbase based on his performances so far.

There's nothing deeper to it than that. You can frame your opinion as some kind of insightful Martyr burning on the cross, but nobody’s buying it.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Partey Couldn't stop giving the ball away cheaply throughout the match and at times in very dangerous positions (did you see how pissed Luiz and Arteta were at him?). Partey "shoot on site" mentality is fustrating even more so at just how inaccurate his shots are.

I know this forum have a "not allowed to crticise no matter how bad he is" ban on Partey similar to what there was for Bellerin between his 2nd till his 5th of so season (people are actually allowed to criticise him now on here) and Ramsey post leg break. But I don't play by those fan girl groupies rules.
Nobody has said he cannot be criticized but people are saying he was extremely poor which is just...well.... extreme. As for him shooting from distance, I'm not going to kill him for it. Just need him to start keeping them down.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Even on average days I’m still seeing stuff that he does so effortlessly in transition – stuff I’ve not seen for a long time and stuff a lot of players we’ve had for a long time aren’t capable of. He’s pure class. My favourite player to watch on the ball.
like guendoozi eh

OSBK

Established Member
Thought he was outstanding like many others for 70mins. His energy and legs went towards the end but overall he bullied ndomble.

akhil

Need another week without issues and hopefully he can sit out the internationals. If he's available for the rest of the season, we have a decent shot at top 6 and the EL. Doubt he's operating anywhere near 100%.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Mixed bag performance for me, wasn't as good as some want to make out and not as poor as others say.

Largely I thought he was good but there were a number of moments of sloppiness ( bordering on carelessness) from him throughout the match. It wasn't just the last 10 minutes by any means. Xhaka out performed him overall and it's not often that happens.

I don't believe he's 100% up to speed yet so hopefully we nurse him through the rest of the season and get him a good preseason so we can see him on absolute top form next season, as he's an exceptional player in full flow.

Last edited:
There were moments Yesterday, he made me scream obscenities at the telly. Last 10 minutes he was so static. Clearly, he has some fitness issues and either he needs to be managed a bit better and/or his fitness needs to improve. You can't make those kind of mistakes in a game like that, and we were lucky one of those passes did not result in a goal for them. Things would have looked a lot different for him today. Lucky guy. He is a decent player, a better DM then we had for a long time, but he becomes half a player he is once he is tired.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I do hate his willingness to shoot from range. It’s fine if you’re somewhat prolific, but I don’t think that’s ever been his game.
He's scored some screamers for Atletico. If nothing else is on, I see no issue with it. All you really need to do is threaten with one and it will open up some space for others to run into.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

He's a classy player that is going through a period of settling into a new envrionment and at the same time struggling with injuries. He'll be balling for us by the time the next season starts.
Cheers, mate.

mpower2540

I know they’re top in la liga but anyone watching the Chelsea Atlético game? They look painfully slow and meek in midfield without Thomas I have to say.

bonzka

There’s been some cracking player title threads recently. This one falls short.

I want partey every game. Love his skill set, daring and composure. Not seen his best in red yet.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom