• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
have high hopes of him as he seems a good presence in midfield...but so far nothing concrete delivered.... maybe next season he will come into his own.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Xhaka has been cowardly since Arteta came into the team, definitely a tactical thing. Before that he loved a long pass attempt. But yeah he was particularly bad last night.
Xhaka was never forward thinking like the Wenger players of old. Arteta basically parked him in a corner as far,away from the ball last season because he was and still is a liability on it. Under Arteta, we had fewer runners until ESR joined Saka so it's not all his fault. We have a greater need for ball carrier and other qualities that he lacks or is deficient in.
It's a shame he's hijacked Partey's thread as all rational discussion was "banned" in his own

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Xhaka was never forward thinking like the Wenger players of old. Arteta basically parked him in a corner as far,away from the ball last season because he was and still is a liability on it. Under Arteta, we had fewer runners until ESR joined Saka so it's not all his fault. We have a greater need for ball carrier and other qualities that he lacks or is deficient in.
It's a shame he's hijacked Partey's thread as all rational discussion was "banned" in his own

Xhaka used to spray passes for fun under Wenger. Was he still liable to his errors? Yes of course, was he flawless with his passing? No absolutely not. But he definitely was a somewhat progressive passer under Wenger. He wasn't Fabregas but he'd definitely utilise his range of passing a lot more under Wenger.

Maybe Arteta has made the right decision in limiting his role but it's definitely the more cautious use of Xhaka.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Like most of the team a shocking first half but that 2nd half display looks like the player we thought we'd signed in the summer. Needs to stop shooting though.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Between Partey and PEA for worst player on the pitch today (which says something as Leno and Luiz were bad enough).

From his pathetic greedy poor long shots, to letting Rice run past him and no attempt to track him back and to his dreadful pass he made across one side of the pitch to the opposition.

Really struggling adapting to life in the PL.

Last edited:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Between Partey and PEA for worst player on the pitch today (which says something as Leno and Luiz were bad enough).

From his pathetic greedy poor long shots, to letting Rice run past him and ot attempt to to track him back and to dreadful pass he across one side of the pitch to the opposition.

Really struggling adapting to life in the PL.

Shut up.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Well, he was poor...

Have to say, for every poor moment he has, there is another brilliant one so I still have faith he will be a great player for us

I don't think he put a foot wrong in the second half.

Legend14

Established Member
Well, he was poor...

Have to say, for every poor moment he has, there is another brilliant one so I still have faith he will be a great player for us
You absolutely don’t appreciate what he does. Who do you think was heading away clearances and feeding everyone else. Remove Xhaka and he’ll be even better.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He was shocking in the first half like everyone else but had a very good second half. Looked better when Xhaka went off as well. Needs a a more mobile partner to play off of.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
You absolutely don’t appreciate what he does. Who do you think was heading away clearances and feeding everyone else. Remove Xhaka and he’ll be even better.
I actually do, that's why I say he has brilliant moments, but truth be told, there was some poor passing throughout the game.

We look miles better when he is on fire

Legend14

Established Member
I actually do, that's why I say he has brilliant moments, but truth be told, there was some poor passing throughout the game.

We look miles better when he is on fire
Keep in mind he is trying to be positive. The alternative is Xhaka type players.

In this match, WH midfielders would leave Xhaka open and double Partey, for good reason.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Keep in mind he is trying to be positive. The alternative is Xhaka type players.

In this match, WH midfielders would leave Xhaka open and double Partey, for good reason.
I can say it as many times as needed, for me, he is great and makes our football much better because his passing is most of the time forward between the lines... His volume of mistakes is still high though, but I can understand that it will happen, especially as he is the gay that takes more risks in his game.

You can't win games with Xhaka's and Willians, someone needs to take risks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom