• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Yeah if you can’t see his quality then I dunno :lol:

Definitely had a season to forget admittedly, but he’s a midfielder we can build around for sure.

He may be making sloppy passes on a regular basis but I have no worries about Partey. He's such a good player, he just needs rest, a pre season, and more importantly a better partner than Elneny or Xhaka.

Iceman10

Established Member
We had one in Coquelin but the majority of Arsenal fans wanted him out as they didn't consider him good enough on the ball. Now we have Partey who seems to give the ball away more cheaply than even Flamini and Frimpong.
Partey isn't a DM, he's more b2b. This is obvious when Xhaka plays the anchor alongside him. Don't want to go there regarding why some here pigeon hole him as DM.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Partey isn't a DM, he's more b2b. This is obvious when Xhaka plays the anchor alongside him. Don't want to go there regarding why some here pigeon hole him as DM.
It's likely that his role will change as soon as he hit 30. Long term I believe he will play as a DM for us, his sloppy passing could even accelerate that transition

Iceman10

Established Member
It's likely that his role will change as soon as he hit 30. Long term I believe he will play as a DM for us, his sloppy passing could even accelerate that transition
We'll see how things go next season, he will be #8 for at least the time being. Part of the issue is injuries, part the players he is playing alongside, and part underperformance so far.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What we're doing with him is like City trying to get Rodri/Fernandinho to play the passes that KDB and Gundogan do on a regular basis.

He's got it in his locker but it's not his game, play him at 6 and we have someone to rival Fabinho as the best DM in the league, play him at 8 and we'll continue to see a mixed bag of performances imo.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

What we're doing with him is like City trying to get Rodri/Fernandinho to play the passes that KDB and Gundogan do on a regular basis.

He's got it in his locker but it's not his game, play him at 6 and we have someone to rival Fabinho as the best DM in the league, play him at 8 and we'll continue to see a mixed bag of performances imo.
He doesn't have the skillset to be a sitting holding DM, modern holding midfielders are supposed to dictate play from the base getting the ball from defenders and progressing it etc. Partey is better playing as a roaming midfielder winning the ball high up the pitch.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He doesn't have the skillset to be a sitting holding DM, modern holding midfielders are supposed to dictate play from the base getting the ball from defenders and progressing it etc. Partey is better playing as a roaming midfielder winning the ball high up the pitch.
I think you’re talking about a DLP who is also very good defensively.

If you watch Fernandinho, Fabinho and Rodri they rarely spray the ball around and dictate it from deep. They just play a quick short pass into one of the more technically adept midfielders. Those three are all good players so they can break lines but it’s not really what they’re in the team to do on a regular basis.

Fabinho plays quite similar to what you’re described tbh, he sits deep and tends to spray it around more but Fernandinho and especially Rodri do get up the pitch and prefer to play short passes to the number 8s.

amigo

Atletico won La Liga today. You have to wonder if Thomas regrets coming to Arsenal. (apart from the massive salary uplift of course)

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
Atletico won La Liga today. You have to wonder if Thomas regrets coming to Arsenal. (apart from the massive salary uplift of course)
I was thinking the same..he must be kicking himself.Look at the decline..could have been celebrating the title today instead might not even play in Europe next season.Also from Simeone to Arteta is a bigger decline .

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
They probably won LaLiga cos he wasn’t in the midfield passing to opponents or booting the ball out the stadium.

Have to wonder at Partey's mentality and mental capacity at this point. Leaving that Atletico team to come play with these English plumbers and gym teachers.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The only reason he came was £. People will try to tell you something different but he certainly didn't come for ambition or to win things. He was reportedly on 70k a week at Atletico. They mad a small increased offer but he spoke to Arsenal and demanded 200k a week to join.

Had Arsenal offered 150k a week and Atletico 100k a week he wouldn't be here. Double the money was enough for him to rid him of ambition and go for the money.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Have to wonder at Partey's mentality and mental capacity at this point. Leaving that Atletico team to come play with these English plumbers and gym teachers.
It's a fair point but Atleti took advantage of Real and Barca in a state rebuild. They'll need to get lucky to win a title again

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It's a fair point but Atleti took advantage of Real and Barca in a state rebuild. They'll need to get lucky to win a title again
They didn't win this title by luck. They were 11 points clear at one point. Also if you look at the Atletico squad it isn't great.

But team togetherness and a decent manager can make a big difference. Shame we don't have either.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
They didn't win this title by luck. They were 11 points clear at one point. Also if you look at the Atletico squad it isn't great.

But team togetherness and a decent manager can make a big difference. Shame we don't have either.
Oh, I know all that and they won by two clear points in the end. A lot of their win had to do with Real's sketchy results. Just one more win and Real win. It reminded me of Leicester and when we finished just behind Utd. Sometimes things fall in to place for a well run club.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Very good today and finally looks fit. That ability to receive the ball, beat a press/turn and break or pass forward is brilliant. He needs a complimentary partner but we have an all rounder on our hands that I hope our dopey manager doesn't ruin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom