• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not sure why Mitch goes out of his way to repeat it, but ultimately he is right - Partey had a poor season overall if we are honest.

The quality is there though, but he was poor. He wasn’t helped by some of the tactics, (like playing lone mid against Villarreal). His shoot on sight policy for example is absolutely bogus, he needs to cut it out.

Lost the ball in dangerous areas at times as well, which thankfully led to nothing.

Let’s not talk him up just because we hate certain others. He needs to fix up quickly before he finds himself in the Lacazette/Auba bracket -he will be labeled elderly and overpaid if he keeps this up.
He had a spell of passing to imaginary players which concerned me, he's injured a lot and as you say, his shooting was crazy.

Arsène always understood xG way before it was a thing. Your chances of scoring improve exponentially the closer you get to goal. Long range shooting is very wasteful.

Partey has potential though, and I'm sure will come good if 2 things happen 1. the management finally get around to fixing the midfield instead of buying multiple defenders 2. we get an experienced coach who knows what he's doing.

Trill

Not Trilly
- "His shoot on site" whenever he gets the ball in the final third is extremely frustrating especially considering it normally ends up in the crows nest/nose bleeder section.

- People like how quick he looks to urgently make a progressive pass upfield, however many of times this seems rushed and he either makes the wrong pass choice and over hits the pass

- Very Poor positional awareness and discipline. Reminds of primary school kids chasing after the ball in playground or a dog chasing a car.
I agree the shoot on sight thing is a bit perplexing. However it got better at the end of last season and he almost scored a brilliant goal in pre season. So maybe he's better in training and that's why he hasn't been instructed to tame it down just yet?

On the passing I see what you mean, but there were times last season where they were coming off very consistently, got very poor towards the end of the season though. I don't know if that was due to the opposition exploiting his eagerness and our dependence on him to progress play or what. Also the longer the season went on the worse that became. Probably due to his frustration with both results and the lack of individual progressive play from his peers. But he very much began to force the issue.

But seeing as he's our only midfielder that can drop a shoulder and consistently play between the lines I think he's the last of our worries.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
He had a spell of passing to imaginary players which concerned me, he's injured a lot and as you say, his shooting was crazy.

Arsène always understood xG way before it was a thing. Your chances of scoring improve exponentially the closer you get to goal. Long range shooting is very wasteful.

Partey has potential though, and I'm sure will come good if 2 things happen 1. the management finally get around to fixing the midfield instead of buying multiple defenders 2. we get an experienced coach who knows what he's doing.
Most of his passing to imaginary players was late on in games when he was absolutely exhausted tbf.
Think if he adapts to the demands of the league fitness wise & stays injury free he is our best midfielder by some margin.

The 2 other main options are the 2 Arsène signings in Xhaka & Elneny.
Emery signed Lucas T who doesnt want to be here & Douzi who unfortunately had 'issues'.
He has now been replaced by Sambi who hopefully will develop into a good player.

Wiggins

Love Partey, but this makes me wonder.....what is with so many of our players suddenly thinking they're Thierry Henry with low chance attempts to shoot from distance so often? It's kind of annoying. It's not just Partey who does it either.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Terrible news, you know 3 weeks means 6. Xhaka x Elneny can't wait.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Not sure why Mitch goes out of his way to repeat it, but ultimately he is right - Partey had a poor season overall if we are honest.

The quality is there though, but he was poor. He wasn’t helped by some of the tactics, (like playing lone mid against Villarreal). His shoot on sight policy for example is absolutely bogus, he needs to cut it out.

Lost the ball in dangerous areas at times as well, which thankfully led to nothing.

Let’s not talk him up just because we hate certain others. He needs to fix up quickly before he finds himself in the Lacazette/Auba bracket -he will be labeled elderly and overpaid if he keeps this up.

Most underrated ability is availability, he just needs to be on the pitch more. Not good enough to spend 45m on him and keep getting injuries.

Goonger

So he'll likely miss the first 3 games then & come back during the international break. Hopefully Gabriel is the same & we have them available for Norwich at home after that.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
So he'll likely miss the first 3 games then & come back during the international break. Hopefully Gabriel is the same & we have them available for Norwich at home after that.
Those international breaks in the first half of the season are the worst thing in football. Especially the one in September, going on international breaks just when the season starts.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This is from two days ago, anyone know if he is training already?

"He is said to be working hard with the medical team and is set to return to training sometime this week to work on his fitness."

I really hope Partey stays healthy this season, when he can pull these kind of stats even with an injury ridden season.

I still can't fathom how our management is so idiotic that they take pre-season friendlies against derby rivals.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He had a spell of passing to imaginary players
It was regular enough that I noticed it and couldn’t put it down to just being rusty, very concerning. :lol:

It’s the first thing I hope to see improve over a span of 10 or so games because if our CM can’t pass the ball then we are ducked.

Defensively he’s been very good almost everytime he’s played IMO so no complaints there. It’s why I want him as our 6 however A-M are convinced he can be a 8 for us. Time will tell but I’m not convinced yet.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It was regular enough that I noticed it and couldn’t put it down to just being rusty, very concerning. :lol:

It’s the first thing I hope to see improve over a span of 10 or so games because if our CM can’t pass the ball then we are ducked.

Defensively he’s been very good almost everytime he’s played IMO so no complaints there. It’s why I want him as our 6 however A-M are convinced he can be a 8 for us. Time will tell but I’m not convinced yet.
I think in a double pivot he can act somewhere between a number 6 and number 8. But it depends on who's next to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom