• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
It was regular enough that I noticed it and couldn’t put it down to just being rusty, very concerning. :lol:

It’s the first thing I hope to see improve over a span of 10 or so games because if our CM can’t pass the ball then we are ducked.

Defensively he’s been very good almost everytime he’s played IMO so no complaints there. It’s why I want him as our 6 however A-M are convinced he can be a 8 for us. Time will tell but I’m not convinced yet.
Parety is the one player that shows the difference between having a proper manager in Simone vs having a charlatan in Satanteta.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Partey is like RvP when he was here, making everyone’s fantasy starting 11 but never influencing our season enough, just doing up azonto with the physios instead.

I low key blame him for Xhaka’s extension and I hate how everyone gets gassed over his cameos. The forum is quiet every time he blazes the ball out of the stadium, I’m actually tired of this guy.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Partey is like RvP when he was here, making everyone’s fantasy starting 11 but never influencing our season enough, just doing up azonto with the physios instead.

I low key blame him for Xhaka’s extension and I hate how everyone gets gassed over his cameos. The forum is quiet every time he blazes the ball out of the stadium, I’m actually tired of this guy.
We need something to hold onto and new signings always get much more of a grace period. Plus I think he's good and only gets better he just needs to stay fit and stop trying to play hero ball. He reminds me of Ramsey in that sense.

We also do the same thing with Gabriel, that boy has become a mythical figure since his injuries but I don't even remember the last time I saw him play. Luiz was better last season and every hated him same with Partey and Xhaka.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

giphy.gif

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

We need something to hold onto and new signings always get much more of a grace period. Plus I think he's good and only gets better he just needs to stay fit and stop trying to play hero ball. He reminds me of Ramsey in that sense.

We also do the same thing with Gabriel, that boy has become a mythical figure since his injuries but I don't even remember the last time I saw him play. Luiz was better last season and every hated him same with Partey and Xhaka.
Guess you have a point.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

TP just needs to stay fit. He has everything in his locker (bar shooting.) Look at his performance against Yanited away for an indicator of how good he can be for us.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
There's no doubting the talent that Partey has. We've seen moments but its like he hasnt really started his Arsenal career yet. I'm hoping fans will make a difference, some players need the atmosphere to perform. If he can start vs Norwich with Sambi next to him, they'll have a few games to play together before Arteta's no1 fan returns.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
really have no idea if the guy is going to be our midfield savior when back fully fit or this is it at 28 getting that big money deal 🤷‍♂️

just wonder where his head is after leaving Atletico for the Arsenal 'project'... that is now under 23s :lol:

he ****ed up

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Cant really blame Partey or the club for that.

Guy was an iron man in Madrid. Missed something like six days through injuries in six years there.

Everytime he’d get some reps in he got injured last year. I still think he’s one of the better midfielders in the world.

So many strings to his bow.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The guy hasnt even had a sustained period here. And this season got to the worst possible start for us and him.

We saw a lot of quality from him last season, but he could only do it in bursts. He wasn't fully fit by the looks of things, and maybe it was a strange environment playing in empty stadiums in his debut season. I didnt watch pre season but apparently he looked really sharp in that?

Soon there will be question marks over his injury record here though, it doesn't get spoken about much but I think that mentality can influence your fitness a lot. If you are mentally on the beach because you've just moved from Simeone's Athletico to essentially a mid table club on big money, then I think that can have an intangible effect on your fitness especially cosidering these players play at the highest physical degree. There's not many other reasons for the fact that players come here to Spa FC and start getting injured more so than before. It has to be mentality or something wrong with our training pitches. Unless we're just cursed...

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
really have no idea if the guy is going to be our midfield savior when back fully fit or this is it at 28 getting that big money deal 🤷‍♂️

just wonder where his head is after leaving Atletico for the Arsenal 'project'... that is now under 23s :lol:

he ****ed up
The other side to it is we have a proven high quality player who knows he hasn’t proven himself here and so won’t look at the state of things and say ‘**** this, I’m off!’ any time soon. He’ll no doubt be a huge part of any recovery we make.

Pop Tart

Established Member
He has been a terrible buy so far , injury prone and nervy performances despite him having the odd good game. He is a quality player but these injuries have stopped him for gelling with his teammates and affected his qualities for us.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The guy hasnt even had a sustained period here. And this season got to the worst possible start for us and him.

We saw a lot of quality from him last season, but he could only do it in bursts. He wasn't fully fit by the looks of things, and maybe it was a strange environment playing in empty stadiums in his debut season. I didnt watch pre season but apparently he looked really sharp in that?

Soon there will be question marks over his injury record here though, it doesn't get spoken about much but I think that mentality can influence your fitness a lot. If you are mentally on the beach because you've just moved from Simeone's Athletico to essentially a mid table club on big money, then I think that can have an intangible effect on your fitness especially cosidering these players play at the highest physical degree. There's not many other reasons for the fact that players come here to Spa FC and start getting injured more so than before. It has to be mentality or something wrong with our training pitches. Unless we're just cursed...
Might be subtle changes compared to Spain in physical demand, be it training, match day or both. So you’d think, at worst, this is merely a period of acclimatisation unless you’re balls-deep in the ju ju theory like @Jackie_Treehorn 💀

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
He is our only world class player, except Saka. End of.
What's world class? Top 25 at position? He's a good player and one of our best, but he wouldn't be the key man at a truly top-level club (and that's why he's here).

Saka has bags of potential, but he ain't world class yet. Long way to go.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is Partey not Arteta’s final throw of the dice? If the team doesn’t suddenly click with him getting consistent games then how can he survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom