• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emibury

I meant CM/DM.

Mesut I consider one of the greats. I’m not talking AM types though, and Wenger sighed many great ones anyway - Santi, Nasri, Hleb etc.

Agreed then. I think Arteta is an underrated signing though - remember being disappointed with it at the time but he turned out great for us, even if he did hang around a season too long at the end.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Need to wait for more reliable reports but it does seem we are paying him quite a lot for somebody who doesn't get goals or assists.

Hopefully he's transformational, he really should be (both on paper and by the eye test) but we can never know with these things...

This is from Ornstein Athletic article:

"Partey’s demands were made plain: a salary in excess of €250,000 per week with a signing-on fee of €2.5 million, plus the associated agents commission."

That makes ~£227,000 per week.

I think Partey has played DMF/CMF role in Atletico, so not getting assists or goals is not surprising. He can shoot and pass for sure, he has it all. Not as creative as Aouar, but his presence will help everything in our game.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Gilberto at least came off a great World Cup for Brazil in 2002, not always a good thing though, but was a gamble.

How was Petit viewed when we signed him...was almost 27, right in his prime, a key player in a quality Monaco team...were fans excited? (guess a lack of matches on tv could have hurt him back then.)

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Gilberto at least came off a great World Cup for Brazil in 2002, not always a good thing though, but was a gamble.

How was Petit viewed when we signed him...was almost 27, right in his prime, a key player in a quality Monaco team...were fans excited?
We didn't know who the f*ck Petit was tbh.

Very different times now though. Before Partey came we already knew his release clause, his old salary and his Arsenal salary, he's not even held up the shirt yet.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Such a good signing. He completely changes the team. We will move to 4231 and he should take Elnenys position.

Partey does so many things, but I am looking forward to seeing our right side start to function.

Aouar has definitely had his head turned. Start laying the groundwork for Camavinga from now!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Such a good signing. He completely changes the team. We will move to 4231 and he should take Elnenys position.

Partey does so many things, but I am looking forward to seeing our right side start to function.

Aouar has definitely had his head turned. Start laying the groundwork for Camavinga from now!

A quality league run/EL win or something of that ilk would probably get us Aouar if we really wanted him.

Pyres7

Unless my mind is blank, this is the first top midfield signing that I have ever seen as an Arsenal fan. Others were young and left field guys who became monsters - Vieira, Petit, Gilberto etc.

This is the first time we’ve gone out and signed a top midfielder.
The only one that comes to mind is Rosicky. In terms of ability I think he was up there, but not sure if he counts because he was bought to play wide initially (and wasted there tbh).

Breezy

Camavinga seems to be earmarked for Real Madrid unfortunately.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The only one that comes to mind is Rosicky. In terms of ability I think he was up there, but not sure if he counts because he was bought to play wide initially (and wasted there tbh).

Good shout with Rozza, was excellent for the Czech team at Euro 2004 at CM...feel GDeep would class him as a number 10/attacking midfielder though.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Camavinga has a already quoted price of 80 mill. Think he is beyond us at this point. For Aouar, we should make a definite push in January (although pretty difficult) because we really won't stand a chance next summer.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah don't think Camavinga should be on the radar either to be honest, he's a deeper player and very expensive.

Next summer we'll have a situation where Guendouzi and Torreira come back and Ceballos leaves. So we'll probably look at selling Torreira and Douzi but the latter has the potential to change his attitude around and be a superstar with Thomas in the midfield.

Next target needs to be a creative genius.

Malky

Established Member

Camavinga will be too expensive, especially if he has a really good season.
100% Aouar has had his head turned. Think with the rumours about a club wanting him next summer it'll be Madrid and he's been told they'll sigh him if he stays at Lyon. He'll likely go for more than we could of payed this summer too :(

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Next targets should be Upamecano and Patson Daka imo. Ship out all the deadwood in defence and pair up Upamecano with Gabriel. Get rid of Lacazette too.

Hopefully we’ll have CL to tempt them to come here ahead of our rivals.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Camavinga will be too expensive, especially if he has a really good season.
100% Aouar has had his head turned. Think with the rumours about a club wanting him next summer it'll be Madrid and he's been told they'll sigh him if he stays at Lyon. He'll likely go for more than we could of payed this summer too :(

Will be interesting. Aouar can help his youth club to get back to Europe. 3 months until January window, when he can still come here/other teams and register for Europa.

He can check if Arsenal will be close to top 4 at that time. If not, he can wait until summer.

Tough to say what is going on, if his head has been turned, or if Arsenal just didn't offer over 50 million like Aulas wanted.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Good thread:

Thanks for posting. Like that we seem to be a real draw for good African players. Arsenal must be a big club on that continent. Auba, Partey and Pepe etc. all must be big names there.

Really like that we have a squad of all kind of ethnic backgrounds. When the squad takes a knee before the games I feel proud to be completely honest.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Next targets should be Upamecano and Patson Daka imo. Ship out all the deadwood in defence and pair up Upamecano with Gabriel. Get rid of Lacazette too.

Hopefully we’ll have CL to tempt them to come here ahead of our rivals.

Patson Daka looks sublime. We should be all over this.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Patson Daka looks sublime. We should be all over this.

I think we’d have a chance at winning the league if we signed both Upamecano and Daka tbh.

That’s the sort of business Liverpool done when they went out and bought VVD, Fabinho etc.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Thanks for posting. Like that we seem to be a real draw for good African players. Arsenal must be a big club on that continent. Auba, Partey and Pepe etc. all must be big names there.

Really like that we have a squad of all kind of ethnic backgrounds. When the squad takes a knee before the games I feel proud to be completely honest.
Meanwhile at Burnley ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom