• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah but many appreciate and learn about Wright afterwards, he’s that linked to the club, he’s more a cultural icon now.

As Partey grew up, watching Arsenal, he came to admire Wright.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

You can watch games back and stuff you know when you are older. As an African kid myself I can tell you there are a lot of channels in Africa that replay old games and season comps of the 90’s and early 00’s to this day.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wright is interesting in many ways, you can argue he’s one of the first prominent black footballers/stars of the PL era. A goal scorer, a record breaker at one of the biggest clubs in the country.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Yep, I learned more about Wright, Petit, Overmars, Rocky, etc. thanks to documentaries, replays, and later internet. Now I feel like I actually watched them play week out.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Having just brought the new FIFA game it feels different, better not to have to worry about signing him now haha. So looking forward to seeing how he goes asap even if its only off the bench this weekend.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I only got to watch Viera for one season(The season before he left). I only started to appreciate him after watching old clips.

I'm sure he could have gone back and watched Wrighty's clip even he wasn't old enough to watch him play.

I never watched Tony Adams but if you ask me who is our greatest CB. My default response would be Tony Adams because I hear people who watched him take glowingly of him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Thought he meant players that Partey actually watched growing up, rather than players he became aware of as he got older.

Agree with what everyone on this page has said really, when you fall in love with a club, you fall in love with it's history too...even players you didn't get to watch become like family to you.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Wright is interesting in many ways, you can argue he’s one of the first prominent black footballers/stars of the PL era. A goal scorer, a record breaker at one of the biggest clubs in the country.
He was the reason why I supported Arsenal in the first place. It was either Arsenal or Man Utd them times.

Wright's smile and personality was infectious and immense, he was a big deal to us in Hackney and my primary school - he was definitely the guy. We all pretended to be him and mimicked his goal celebrations on the playground.

How are you Hydrogen? Long time no speak, I hope to see more of you now the international break is over. God willing.

Hello HinnEiniSanni, I'm fine, not sure I will be back much more, sometime I will pop in and say hello but the level of this forum has turned to worse and there are some terrible posters on here that have ruined all the fun that this forum once had. One of the worst forums on the internet at the moment I think. Hopefully, instead we can meet up and still watch games at your place! God bless you son!

Pyres7

Thought he meant players that Partey actually watched growing up, rather than players he became aware of as he got older.

Agree with what everyone on this page has said really, when you fall in love with a club, you fall in love with it's history too...even players you didn't get to watch become like family to you.
Wrighty met him just before the interview so he must have told Partey to mention him :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Hello HinnEiniSanni, I'm fine, not sure I will be back much more, sometime I will pop in and say hello but the level of this forum has turned to worse and there are some terrible posters on here that have ruined all the fun that this forum once had. One of the worst forums on the internet at the moment I think. Hopefully, instead we can meet up and still watch games at your place! God bless you son!
I'd love it if you left, the majority of the stuff you post makes me want to claw my eyes out.

Good riddance.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'd love it if you left, the majority of the stuff you post makes me want to claw my eyes out.

Good riddance.

Looking at most of his posts I think he would say "Mission accomplished!" and as such take it as a compliment and now decide not to leave. :)

Looking at most of his posts I think he would say "Mission accomplished!" and as such take it as a compliment and now decide not to leave. :)

Nothing wrong with my posts. Many likes and much respect from posters who have been here for many years.

You just need to learn to accept that people have different opinions than you.

drippin

Nothing wrong with my posts. Many likes and much respect from posters who have been here for many years.

You just need to learn to accept that people have different opinions than you.

Nah, I'm referring to stuff like thinking Jamaica's colours are similar to Ghana's and thinking that bald Ghanian dancers are rastafarians. Thinking you're funny when in fact just a total fool.

Different opinions are just fine, trolling not so much.

I know you try to post in a way to get most likes compared to number of posts.

drippin

I have never troll. If you feel trolled by any of my posts I'm very sorry about that but that is your problem, not mine.

And well I just try to be my self, can't help being so likeable and with good opinions and well-structured posts and criticisms! :)

50c460e6cf20657ea0da7f64ba9e7ca2.jpg

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nah, I'm referring to stuff like thinking Jamaica's colours are similar to Ghana's and thinking that bald Ghanian dancers are rastafarians. Thinking you're funny when in fact just a total fool.

Different opinions are just fine, trolling not so much.

I know you try to post in a way to get most likes compared to number of posts.
ffs:lol:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He was the reason why I supported Arsenal in the first place. It was either Arsenal or Man Utd them times.

Wright's smile and personality was infectious and immense, he was a big deal to us in Hackney and my primary school - he was definitely the guy. We all pretended to be him and mimicked his goal celebrations on the playground.

Interestingly that is how I started supporting Arsenal as well followed Wrighty from Palace also helped that Viv Anderson played here too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom