• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yeah for me they are quite similar in terms of how good they are. I would basically invest time in the one who is our actual player I suppose. Saying that though Ceballos has some unrealised potential while Xhaka has mostly shown what he can do, even though he has improved next to Partey.

For me Xhaka has convinced me since Xmas that he would be an adequate back up player. If we have two good CMs then if one gets injured bringing Xhaka in isnt an issue. The issue arises when we only have one really good CM so when he's injured we have Xhaka playing next to an Elneny/Guendouzi/Ceballos which just looks mid table ability and balance wise for me.

If we were still playing a back 3 formation, then it would be Partey-Ceballos for me every week...with an extra CB, both midfielders would get a bit more freedom...but with a back 4, it's Xhaka, as despite not being the best defensively, he's better than Dani.

It's all about getting the bet out of Thomas for me, pray this is just an injury blip and next season he is fit and firing!

Think we need to upgrade on Granit too, but as long as Thomas stays fit next year, then Partey-Xhaka is good enough for another season...would much prefer to put the money towards the attacking/defensive parts of the pitch (making Ødegaard permanent which be great, trying to find a long term partner for Gabriel) the midfield is alright for now.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I just feel like Ceballos Partey Ødegaard would literally be a world apart from what we've been used to for the last 18 months. All 3 would be very comfortable on the ball, and would be very balanced from Partey's presence (Ceballos isn't a shabby defender when hes playing well anyway).

That effect Partey had on Xhaka was crazy, its like all his deficiencies got muted and his strengths amplified. If Ceballos gets this kind of effect then we could have quite an interesting side for the rest of the season at least.
I'm surprised Ceballos hasn't started more and I am sure he is too. Nobody saw Arteta's preference for Elneny coming lets be real.

I've been in the transfer wishlist threat like everyone else day dreaming of an upgrade but personally, I'm starting to feel like it's pointless.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'm surprised Ceballos hasn't started more and I am sure he is too. Nobody saw Arteta's preference for Elneny coming lets be real.

I've been in the transfer wishlist threat like everyone else day dreaming of an upgrade but personally, I'm starting to feel like it's pointless.
If Partey can show what he did at Athletico and never get injured then maybe it would be less pressing. I'm just not very convinced on Xhaka and trusting of him personally. Not a big fan unless he shows what he has been doing recently for longer. But I saw signs of the old Xhaka vs Benfica for example.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think we need to upgrade on Granit too, but as long as Thomas stays fit next year, then Partey-Xhaka is good enough for another season...would much prefer to put the money towards the attacking/defensive parts of the pitch (making Ødegaard permanent which be great, trying to find a long term partner for Gabriel) the midfield is alright for now.

Another season of... this feels unfinished !

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's still not fit but there was a moment when he got the ball, played it round the player and was almost away until his legs failed him. Again, he found space time after time and nobody would pass to him. The rubbish around him made him pass backwards and he and Xhaka were so far apart, that our midfield could still be run through. When he's fit, we will be able to progress in all areas of the pitch. I actually feel Willock would be the best partner gor him atm. Take it in turns to drive and pass forward. No other midfielder has the stones or legs for that.

REWB

Did I make it up on my head or was he off the pitch nursing his leg at the end of the game again?
really? ffs

He's got chicken legs man. This might be an unlucky flop transfer where we just got him at the wrong time. A time where his body has just packed it in.

GunnerShy

Didn't see anything like that. Haven't seen anything reported.

What's clear though is that he's not fit. Needs to skip the Leicester game after the flight to and from Greece. Ease him back in

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Good for him Tierney if they start against Leicester they'll have 6 days rest there won't be midweek game.

He was good when came on the qualify unquestionable he our best midfielder by miles but it's important we keep him fit we need to keep have him in europa

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Didn't see anything like that. Haven't seen anything reported.

What's clear though is that he's not fit. Needs to skip the Leicester game after the flight to and from Greece. Ease him back in

Don't get why they can't just let this man recuperate properly. If Arsenal can't beat teams like Benfica without Partey, then things are worse than I feared. Just shut him down for the season if that is what is needed. We signed him to be a productive member of the team for at least 4 years.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He still doesn't look ready to play, tbh.

But just having him on the pitch makes such a difference, can see why he is rushed back all the time as all our other options are bang average without him :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Getting some minutes under his belt. I think we should do this again vs Burnley and maybe bring him in to start in the EL or NLD.

Arteta needs to chose one out of the two for him to start in, we don't want him getting yet another setback.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He still looks to be playing within himself but the quality is there. It's so frustrating because he seemed to hold back a couple of times. He certainly got us moving quicker when he came on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom