• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I honestly think this team owes him if anything g. Not his fault his usually robust self got Arsenal-ed. If we don’t get top 6, we want to hope there are no clauses in his contract!
I’m still waiting for that top performance. He defo owes us!

mirrorstare

I don't expect him to be our best player, I expect him to be better than Xhaka. Think that's quite a low bar for a player that supposedly is world class everytime he touches the ball, and for what we think about Xhaka in general.

He's failing to achieve this, and he's failing in every single match.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's clearly not fit. He's been sloppy with his passing at times too and pulled out of challenges. In a double pivot he's had more to do than he did in a three at Atleti. Just save him for the EL at this rate. We're paying for trying to be clever and buying him at the end of the window and throwing him in to one of the worst Arsenal teams I've seen.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don't expect him to be our best player, I expect him to be better than Xhaka. Think that's quite a low bar for a player that supposedly is world class everytime he touches the ball, and for what we think about Xhaka in general.

🤔 Eh?!!!

mpower2540

Such nonsense, he created our goal yesterday through his quality and was well on the way to a great performance before the donut next to him gave a goal away. He’s not fully fit and tbh he’s trying too hard to make things happen but i much prefer that to the horseshoe crap we’ve been served up in our CM.
If you can’t see his quality and think Xhaka or our other midfielders contribute more then we might as well give up.

mirrorstare

He's clearly not fit. He's been sloppy with his passing at times too and pulled out of challenges. In a double pivot he's had more to do than he did in a three at Atleti. Just save him for the EL at this rate. We're paying for trying to be clever and buying him at the end of the window and throwing him in to one of the worst Arsenal teams I've seen.

Good catch, Burnley felt very comfortable going near him in the second half, that's why he was the one subbed out instead of Xhaka.

I guess we will only see a fit Partey next season, we haven't been exactly burning him out or anything after the Sp**s fiasco but he got injured again anyway and recovery has been slow it seems.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Worse career move than Pogba to United

Atletico top of the league...fml.

Tbf they were in a better position relative to us at the beginning of the season (solid top 3/4 la liga team) and Partey still decided to move to us.

jus2nang

Not worried about him at all (other than Arsenal's impact on his fitness).

His quality is still apparent despite clearly being unfit. Needs a preseason.

Passes the ball forwards - not everyone does that....

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If we’re honest this signing hasn’t worked out yet. It’s not for lack of quality - he just hasn’t been fit and cause of this all he’s been able to provide is moments.

Barring an Europa Cup miracle where he has a major say guess we will have to chalk a line through the first year of his contract.

Poor career move for him though you have to say.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I don't see how you can say stuff like this without him having even stayed fit for a third of the season.
That's why I said so far, with his injuries and performances he has not been worth the money we've spent on him, which is a LOT. He has not had the impact of someone like Bruno Fernandes in our team.

With that said, I know what a quality player he was for Atletico so I'm hoping he gets to that level soon for us as well.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
They can have a bad moment, a bad half, even a dodgy game here and there. At this moment in time Saka, Tierney and Partey are of almost zero concern to me.

Its funny all three weren’t really tearing up trees on Saturday but Saka & Tierney still provided gilt edged chances for a winner and everyone saw Parteys involvement in our only goal.

Even when Partey is idling I just love the angle for passes he consistently finds.

GunnerShy

He's clearly 5-10% off physically which makes all the difference at this level. Needs to be nursed back. Should be easier now we've completely botched the league.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So even in a bad he managed to break a press which led to a goal, is that not a positive?

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Leno & Xhaka combine to throw away 3 points and people are concerned about Partey! :facepalm:

Xhaka and Leno were at fault for the goal. However Leno pulled off several decent saves in the second half. Whilst Xhaka was probably our best player on the pitch untill he made that error.

Partey on the other hand made two good passes but apart from that he was very poor and sloppy with his passing.

I am optimistic that he will improve but at present he doesn't derseve to be starting ahead of Ceballos or Xhaka.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He has not had the impact of someone like Bruno Fernandes in our team
Whilst I think Partey is yet to work out, I also think expecting Bruno for 50m is unrealistic. I am always critical of Man U fans who think Bruno's impact is normal - it's really not.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Xhaka and Leno were at fault for the goal. However Leno pulled off several decent saves in the second half. Whilst Xhaka was probably our best player on the pitch untill he made that error.

Partey on the other hand made two good passes but apart from that he was very poor and sloppy with his passing.

I am optimistic that he will improve but at present he doesn't derseve to be starting ahead of Ceballos or Xhaka.

An unfit Partey would not have made that ludicrous pass across his goal with a Burnley player in the way. Xhaka has been playing well recently but he always has that brain fart in him. We've seen it before and if he stays here we will see it again!

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
That's why I said so far, with his injuries and performances he has not been worth the money we've spent on him, which is a LOT. He has not had the impact of someone like Bruno Fernandes in our team.

With that said, I know what a quality player he was for Atletico so I'm hoping he gets to that level soon for us as well.
Hasn't had the impact of Bruno Fernandes.

No **** Sherlock, he has been injured, Bruno hasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom