• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

That may, in part, have been Arsenal’s undoing. It is president Jean-Michel Aulas who is the key decision-maker at the Parc Olympique Lyonnais. One source privy to Lyon’s internal politics characterised Edu and Juninho’s conversations as “like two kids trying to learn to ride a tricycle” — to do a deal with Lyon, you must get in front of Aulas. Arsenal’s subsequent offers fell considerably short of Lyon’s demand for more than €50 million. Aulas set clear deadlines for the negotiations, but an agreement was not forthcoming. With the player also having second thoughts after overtures from Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid about a potential transfer in 2021, the prospect of any deal collapsed.
Aouar is done. Not only did Edu fail the Aulas test, we also got Suarez'd.

Aouar will help Lyon qualify for Europe then head to Madrid for a nicer sum than we could have mustered next summer.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Many opposition or other fans seem to think Partey was cheap for £45 million. I think it was a good deal too, Aouar would have been even better monetarily, but Partey gives us better instant impact and his type of complete midfielder is not easy to find.

Now if we think 250k per week is expensive, we can compare if he got 180k per week for 4 years (I think we have an option for 5th, but anyway).

180k per week for 4 years makes ~35 million. 250k per week for 4 years makes ~48 million. That is 13 million difference.

Now without the release clause, I would think UCL level complete midfielder would cost something like 70+ million.

Even if we had to pay more wages to attract Partey, 45 million + 13 million makes 58 million. That is still a good price for him, that's still 12 million less than 70 million which would have been realistic price for him with 3 years in contract.

Btw. can you go to Kroenke thread to talk about Kroenke? Or can admins move that discussion there.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Aouar is done. Not only did Edu fail the Aulas test, we also got Suarez'd.

Aouar will help Lyon qualify for Europe then head to Madrid for a nicer sum than we could have mustered next summer.
If that the case then we really can't do anything about it but going to real madrid so early at his career don't work sometimes

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Taking Spanish course just to understand this farewell message from Atleti fans.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This is Partey thread. Arghhhh! Arsenal financials and Kroenke have their own threads.

giphy.gif

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Arteta's words

EjEprCLWoAciuAO

That intensity and athletic aggression is something our midfield has lacked for so long that's finally been addressed.

Makes it even more strange that we apparently considered Jorginho as a back-up option if we couldn`t get Partey.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal brokered a £110m deal for Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey and will be paying him £260,000-a-week wages, £2.5m signing-on fee and ten per cent agent commission, making him the club's third-highest player behind Mesut Özil and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang- Daily Sport
Need to wait for more reliable reports but it does seem we are paying him quite a lot for somebody who doesn't get goals or assists.

Hopefully he's transformational, he really should be (both on paper and by the eye test) but we can never know with these things...

Emibury

I read that Partey is flying out of the country to play international matches with Ghana - if he flies back the day after the second Ghana match then the two week quarantine period means he can't play till the 27th October? I'm guessing footballers are exempt due to the coronavirus testing they receive, or this will affect half the PL. But I do remember there being an issue with a Celtic player breaking quarantine rules so not all footballers are exempt?

Excited to see him play for us.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I read that Partey is flying out of the country to play international matches with Ghana - if he flies back the day after the second Ghana match then the two week quarantine period means he can't play till the 27th October? I'm guessing footballers are exempt due to the coronavirus testing they receive, or this will affect half the PL. But I do remember there being an issue with a Celtic playing breaking quarantine rules so not all footballers are exempt?

If I'm not mistaken he's in the elite sport bubble so unless he picks something up on his travels he'll be fine and in training with us on the 13th of October.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Makes it even more strange that we apparently considered Jorginho as a back-up option if we couldn`t get Partey.
I think a lot of you will be surprised by Partey's passing range and overall grace on the ball. 45mil is a snip for what we are getting, he's very well rounded.

The only thing that makes Jorginho weird is we have Elneny, otherwise it does kinda make sense. Base of midfield Arteta was eager to improve on according to reports. Jorginho as unpopular that signing is, would have done that for sure.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Unless my mind is blank, this is the first top midfield signing that I have ever seen as an Arsenal fan. Others were young and left field guys who became monsters - Vieira, Petit, Gilberto etc.

This is the first time we’ve gone out and signed a top midfielder.

Emibury

Unless my mind is blank, this is the first top midfield signing that I have ever seen as an Arsenal fan. Others were young and left field guys who became monsters - Vieira, Petit, Gilberto etc.

Özil was 100% a top midfielder when he signed him, and would have got in any team in the world. He was coming off a season with Madrid where he scored something like 10 goals and 25 assists.

Makavelii

Özil?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Özil was 100% a top midfielder when he signed him, and would have got in any team in the world. He was coming off a season with Madrid where he scored something like 10 goals and 25 assists.
I meant CM/DM.

Mesut I consider one of the greats. I’m not talking AM types though, and Wenger sighed many great ones anyway - Santi, Nasri, Hleb etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom