• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Oh then I guess Messi isn't technical either guys because he only had a 67.3% dribble success rate last season while Partey had 81.8%.

It's not because they're in totally different positions or anything...
There's no rhyme or reason to Pepe's dribbling. He's just winging it every time the ball is at his feet. It's not because he's in a higher position. He's just not good at it except in training, where players aren't on him like flies on poop.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Oh then I guess Messi isn't technical either guys because he only had a 67.3% dribble success rate last season while Partey had 81.8%.

Destroyed them here lol

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

On top of that Partey played 539 minutes more in the league, which amounts to ~6 more games.

People always seem to think minutes played doesn't matter, only "how many games he played".

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
There's no rhyme or reason to Pepe's dribbling. He's just winging it every time the ball is at his feet. It's not because he's in a higher position. He's just not good at it except in training, where players aren't on him like flies on poop.
You're entitled to that opinion, but using those stats to justify it is just incorrect thats all.

Midfielders can have more dribbles per game than wingers.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I've got no complaints about his quality as a player, but boy is he ugly! Kante level of ugly omg

He is not ugly, even pretty handsome I'd say, no homo.

You're an idiot "ArtetaOut". Welcome new member.

GettyImages-1207146892.jpg

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Just checked whoscored.com and Pepe completed the 10th most dribbles per game in the PL last season :lol:

@pigge

Last edited:

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
So is there any truth to rumors that he will have to be quarantined for 2 weeks once he gets back from his int'l duties ?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
But at the same time if they lose the ball it's more costly than if a winger loses it in the opposition box.
I think the dribbles midfielders complete may be easier and thats why they can sometimes have quite high dribble %'s or statistics. I guess the closer you get to goal, the more opposition players are around you and the better at defending they are. The dribbles become more high risk but high reward.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Fill me in, what bubble are we talking about :)

Supposedly elite athletes who have been training with clubs are part of the "elite sports bubble". For example Ceballos came in and didn't need to quarantine as he had started training with Madrid. Probably because the players are tested regularly at all clubs.

So yeah I think he can come and train on the 13th when he comes back from Ghana.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
But it’s not the first time Partey has exited stage left in dramatic fashion. His move to Spain was like something out of a mob movie. His father (him again) had been planning his son’s move to Spain with his agent. At the time he was playing with Ghanaian second division side Tema Youth. Then one day he was driven (at high speed obviously) to Kotoka International Airport in the Ghanian capital of Accra. There he was handed his passport and told he was leaving immediately. Gone. The rest of his family only found out he’d left when he signed for Atletico Madrid.

https://www.thesportsman.com/articl...ou-need-to-know-about-arsenal-s-thomas-partey

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Great then. Looking forward to see him in his first match to face against the very best: DeBruyne.

Next two league matches are also tough opponents: Leicester and United.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I think the dribbles midfielders complete may be easier and thats why they can sometimes have quite high dribble %'s or statistics.
I don't agree with that when it comes to playing against teams with aggressive pressing.

If you're not confident in your dribbling skills, you'll lose the ball and suffer a blitz counter that results in a goal/penalty/freekick/red card for your CB etc.

That's why our midfield has been a shambles ever since Santi got injured. When he was playing in midfield he would always get the ball forward no matter who was pressing him. He was that good with it.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Went to RedCafe and they think he's slow and not so good on the ball.

Did they see him play?

He's not slow but he won't get that much time on the ball here than he did over there.

It's fine because if teams decide to press and double him, he's more than capable to make the right move. It will free Xhaka to some extent, we should be seeing the best of him alongside Partey.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I don't agree with that when it comes to playing against teams with aggressive pressing.

If you're not confident in your dribbling skills, you'll lose the ball and suffer a blitz counter that results in a goal/penalty/freekick/red card for your CB etc.

That's why our midfield has been a shambles ever since Santi got injured. When he was playing in midfield he would always get the ball forward no matter who was pressing him. He was that good with it.
It depends what counts as a completed dribble, sometimes in the midfield they glide past players who arent tight enough to them. This doesnt happen in the attack.

But yeh I agree that a dribble in midfield is more risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom