• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

tenor.gif

6g0P.gif
:lol::lol::lol:

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
He picked up a yellow, but seeing a Arsenal CM cover space between two players on the break then have the mobility to get back into the play, track the ball down, to pick up said yellow and stop the threat is big.

Still can’t believe we signed him.

Manberg

Predator
Here’s the frustration, why not sign him earlier so he was ready for the season? Why handicap ourselves by signing him on the last day meaning he misses a bunch of games?

He didn’t start and I expected it because one training session’s never enough to familiarise yourself with tactics. No reason he can’t start next week though. One game is not a big deal.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He didn’t start and I expected it because one training session’s never enough to familiarise yourself with tactics. No reason he can’t start next week though. One game is not a big deal.
That’s not my point though? Why not sign a midfielder earlier in the summer so he was ready to start the season? Let’s go into Liverpool, City etc with a stronger midfield?

Manberg

Predator
That’s not my point though? Why not sign a midfielder earlier in the summer so he was ready to start the season? Let’s go into Liverpool, City etc with a stronger midfield?

I can only guess that it’s about the business side. We tried to negotiate for him, several times. Paying the release clause was the last resort.

Impact

Established Member
There were a couple of moments in his brief cameo where he was dribbling and the opposing Man City midfielder couldn't keep up with me.

It's the having a midfielder that doesn't run with parachutes tied behind his back for me.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta took forever to get him on should have got at least 20 minutes even if he had 2 training sessions. Anyway we didn't see anything but impressed how difficult to get ball off him he very well built

sdotzdot

Established Member
Here’s the frustration, why not sign him earlier so he was ready for the season? Why handicap ourselves by signing him on the last day meaning he misses a bunch of games?
Good point.

I suspect we were keeping our options open as we had a very limited amount of money. First with trying to secure Gabriel for the right amount, and then when Aouar became available to us, I think he may have become the number one priority, with Partey in the background ready to trigger as a good second option if that were to fall through.

This is all speculation though, of course. But I see no other reason that makes sense for why after Gabriel was signed we didn’t try get him in immediately, as no one can argue outgoings mattered as all we did was loan some players out.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We do it all the time. It’s annoying.

Raises the question, what’s worth more? Points or millions saved?

MikeVinna

Established Member
Funny how people say ‘it’s just one game’ when you raise the question of why we didnt get Partey in sooner. Do these people realise we’ve lost out on CL football by 1 point just a couple seasons ago? Every single point matters. Doing your business as early as possible can gain you valuable points. When Atletico said no to any type of negotiation and our low-ball offer for Aouar was denied we shouldve sprung the release clause right then.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Maybe we were trying to front that we didn't have money to help us in negotiations for Aouar before we sign Partey.

But yeah I agree it will probably cost us some points, especially with a player with the potential impact he can have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom