• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arteta took forever to get him on should have got at least 20 minutes even if he had 2 training sessions. Anyway we didn't see anything but impressed how difficult to get ball off him he very well built

Why are you blaming Arteta for taking long to get him? It's Edu and Vinai job to get the players.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Here’s the frustration, why not sign him earlier so he was ready for the season? Why handicap ourselves by signing him on the last day meaning he misses a bunch of games?
I think we did it to pay a lower fee for Aouar and to save money in wages. I'm sure we looked at the fixtures and decided to wing it in the Liverpool and City matches. I feel we've dropped two points but hopefully we go on a winning run.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Edu and Vinai have to beg for pennies from the Kroenkes tight pockets.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
For me it's not our results against city and Liverpool that I care about. It's about winning against the other 17 teams.

I remember we beat Leicester home and away and they still beat us to the title.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
I've been watching a lot of Partey's matches for Atletico and wow I really want to apologise to Simeone. They play good football. Their forwards are **** but their approach play is quality.

Partey started for Atletico with a very delineated role.

In possession, Partey's drops between or next to the CB's to form a back three.

Like this:

And this:

He drastically improves the options in build up and allows the full backs to push high and wide. Now Trippier is on the wing, Partey can send balls up to him all day. Trippier didn't manage to create anything, but it was very threatening and effective.

Like this:

And this:

And again:

I guess one thing i've noticed while doing this is the obvious similarity in the 3atb styles being played. With Partey in the side, i'm guessing we'll switch back to a back 4. Partey can drop in to make the 3rd CB when needed.

I'm not @Football Manager so all I can do is observe, I don't know how to analyse this information. Either way I hope Partey starts on Thursday, will be interesting to see how he's used.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I'm not @Football Manager so all I can do is observe, I don't know how to analyse this information. Either way I hope Partey starts on Thursday, will be interesting to see how he's used.
Was an excellent post until you said this. You shouldn’t put yourself down like that cause that guy definitely doesn’t know what to do with this info.

Copy and pastes his own posts and regurgitates “phases of play” whilst reminiscing on past tika taka glories with every post.

Imma give it two weeks before @Football Manager says Partey should start watch recordings of Iniesta despite spending x amount of years in la liga.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Was an excellent post until you said this. You shouldn’t put yourself down like that cause that guy definitely doesn’t know what to do with this info.

Copy and pastes his own posts and regurgitates “phases of play” whilst reminiscing on past tika taka glories with every post.

Imma give it two weeks before @Football Manager says Partey should start watch recordings of Iniesta despite spending x amount of years in la liga.

My preference of how Arsenal plays (what I like) is one thing, my football knowledge is another thing. You can disagree on what I like, because it’s rather subjective. But why stopping others to appreciate what I know?

He is referring to a post I have posted in the Arteta thread (if you disagree with any of the info below, please point out) :

What's the worst thing about the football we've been playing currently?

For me it's how slow and laboured our build up is. Very little happens through the lines. We have to spend 5 minutes knocking it from Luiz to Xhaka to Leno to Gabriel ad nauseum before we can progress anything. It was so frustrating to watch us spend the last half hour versus City unable to get past our own half way line.
That’s because City’s assign the right enough of players, to activate the press at the right time, occupy the right space, and make the right movement. Their pressing is well planned, it’s planned according to how we occupy our space, and also the weaknesses of our certain players. This makes us hard to get out of their press. And our ball can only circulate in the deep area.

This is a problem Pep has created for Arteta. And Arteta has to come up with a solution. (Maybe tuck in a winger to create more passing options in the middle is a solution. Or drop a CM to the CB position to create the spare man.)

Or alternatively, Arteta can create a new problem for pep to solve, exploiting the downside of their high press.

It’s all about how one team press, vs how another team react to it.

This is what I’ve posted in the ceballos thread:
If we have the right players (quicker defenders), our defensive line could push higher with our front line when we press. So our midfield will not have gaps (as our front line and defensive line are close together).

But in our plan, we have a deeper defensive line, to prevent their strikers runing past our defenders (although it will leave gaps in the midfield). Our CMs were pushed up so that we can create an effective press. If the plan went well, city should be struggled to build from the back, they will be forced to go long. Despite us pressing well as a unit, Guardiola finds a way to create the spare man, and break our press. If this happened, they could exploit the gap we have left in the midfield. You can see the goal we conceded is similar to the one we conceded to Chelsea in the FA cup final.

I watched bits the match casually (not using an analysing mind to watch it). So I am not sure how Guardiola beat our press, or how we failed to beat theirs.

For us, one solution is of course have a quicker defender, so that we can push our defensive up to close the midfield gaps. But more importantly, I would like to go back and watch the match again, to see if Arteta was reactive to Guardiola’s way of getting out from our press. Did Arteta make tweaks to shxt down guardiola’s solution? Or did he create another problem for Guardiola to solve?

@Macho

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
My preference of how Arsenal plays (what I like) is one thing, my football knowledge is another thing. You can disagree on what I like, because it’s rather subjective. But why stopping others to appreciate what I know?

He is referring to a post I have posted in the Arteta thread (if you disagree with any of the info below, please point out) :

That’s because City’s assign the right enough of players, to activate the press at the right time, occupy the right space, and make the right movement. Their pressing is well planned, it’s planned according to how we occupy our space, and also the weaknesses of our certain players. This makes us hard to get out of their press. And our ball can only circulate in the deep area.

This is a problem Pep has created for Arteta. And Arteta has to come up with a solution. (Maybe tuck in a winger to create more passing options in the middle is a solution. Or drop a CM to the CB position to create the spare man.)

Or alternatively, Arteta can create a new problem for pep to solve, exploiting the downside of their high press.

It’s all about how one team press, vs how another team react to it.

This is what I’ve posted in the ceballos thread:

@Macho

You literally cope & pasted to make your point that you're not a copy and paste merchant :lol::lol::facepalm:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I've been watching a lot of Partey's matches for Atletico and wow I really want to apologise to Simeone. They play good football. Their forwards are **** but their approach play is quality.

Partey started for Atletico with a very delineated role.

In possession, Partey's drops between or next to the CB's to form a back three.

Like this:

And this:

He drastically improves the options in build up and allows the full backs to push high and wide. Now Trippier is on the wing, Partey can send balls up to him all day. Trippier didn't manage to create anything, but it was very threatening and effective.

Like this:

And this:

And again:

I guess one thing i've noticed while doing this is the obvious similarity in the 3atb styles being played. With Partey in the side, i'm guessing we'll switch back to a back 4. Partey can drop in to make the 3rd CB when needed.

This posting doesn’t suit you bro.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

tenor.gif

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

We do it all the time. It’s annoying.

Raises the question, what’s worth more? Points or millions saved?

Yup ironically would we have this carry on about players contracts and cost cutting If we had CL money again? I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom