• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Change these weird injury thread titles please.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It’s understandable tbf. He is a top quality player so I won’t criticise the signing, but he needs to be more durable. We won’t be getting any re-sale value from him, it was a big transfer + wage expenditure and he’s in middle of his prime right now. If he was 23 or 24 then an injury riddled season wouldn’t be so bad.

He'd barely suffered any injuries in his career prior to coming here. I know he won't have any resale value but he's been brought in to make an impact over the course of 4/5 seasons that he's here and potentially more if he adapts his game in his 30's.

He'll be fine, there's nothing to suggest he'll be constantly battling with injuries.

Tom349

Has low key been horrible since coming back from injury. Looks like he is playing within himself trying to avoid over doing it and potentially re-injuring himself but regardless that doesn't excuse the average performances. Second to most balls, hardly pressing the opposition, misplacing passes and regularly being caught in possession. Still see the moments of quality such as the first goal but we need much more from him in the run home.

mirrorstare

I agree he makes Xhaka look good, but unfortunately for us, he does so by playing worse than him. You can't talk about this today due to the clear mistake, but it's happening every game really.

Burnley enjoyed his second half performance and for me it made sense he was the one subbed out and not Xhaka. At least he's no longer doing a Gallas sitting there and giving up

Vanfrothan

I've read a few websites saying how this guy was amazing and dictated the play today, think there's something wrong with my TV!!

Obviously a class player but was really sloppy today. Out muscled a few times as well which is disappointing. Waiting for that guy from atletico to turn up and start dominanting games with his passing and physicality.

I'm sure he's on his way.

blaze_of_glory

His best game was vs United way back in the fall and sounds like he wasn’t great today again. Injuries have held him bsck but he’s been a disappointment given the hype. Still think we’ll see big things next season though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes by his standard it was average display. He'll be better when he go to run with team and that won't happen until next season imo

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Think it's just gonna be a bad season for him, injured so much that it's hard to find top form. Try to play as much as possible, contribute, have a good rest and then hopefully next season he can get back to his best.

GoonerJay24

Thought he done well in the first half but seemed way off the pace second half. Obviously he'll start Thursday but I think he should be rested against Sp**s. We're not playing for anything in the league anymore and we won't get relegated.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Our poorest player yesterday, picked out two decent passes but apart from that he couldnt stop giving the ball away through sloppy passing . Been outperformed by both Xhaka and Ceballos this season but escapes criticism.

Last edited:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Our poorest player yesterday, picked out two decent passes but apart from that he couldnt stop giving the ball awa thrpugh sloppy passing . Been outperformed by both Xhaka and Ceballos this season but escapes criticism.
It doesn't matter, every time he touches the ball or defends, he is clearly better than everyone else. It's all about the potential he has to do well here, the same potential that players you've mentioned don't have. People need to be patient and let him cath some form, he missed like 90% of the season and training

I know you understand all of that, and you are right, he has been poor so far

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Our poorest player yesterday, picked out two decent passes but apart from that he couldnt stop giving the ball away through sloppy passing . Been outperformed by both Xhaka and Ceballos this season but escapes criticism.
Yep, waste of money

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I see why people are concerned with his performances. He's not been very good recently, looks like every time he returns from injury he's a bit worse.

I think thats more about him not being 100% fit and also not wanting to have too much intensity out of fear of getting another setback. It is really hard to recognise these things and have optimism that its gonna be okay (especially because I'm getting concerned he will keep getting this injury). But I think people have forgotten that he hasn't even gelled into our team yet or properly been able to adapt to the Premier League. He's just constantly being thrown back into the deep end and expected to be our best player. He actually was in some games e.g. United and Wolves but he's been having a couple poor games recently e.g. United at the Emirates and Burnley.

Unfortunately, it looks like we will be seeing his best after the pre season. Its almost as if he's playing catch up fitness wise atm.

btw, people already calling him a waste of money are silly. If you didn't want us to spend so much money on a late 20's player in the first place then okay, but this stop and start sample size is nowhere near large enough.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
I bet you he's MOTM on Thursday and ****s up some of the drama queen's here.

Jesus posters calling him a waste of money and a flop already.

Unbelievable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom