• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
It's really disappointing and typical that the one time Partey seems to have had a season of injuries is when he signs for us! You really have to say it's been a waste of a season for both him and us, unless we win the Europa of course!

I think it's also clear that despite the short spells he's had in the team, we're talking about a player on a completely different level to Xhaka. The way he effortlessly dribbled out of defence through a couple of bodies and released Willian into space for Auba's goal is something you would never see Xhaka doing. Class. Really need a full season out of him next year though.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Hasn't had the impact of Bruno Fernandes.

No **** Sherlock, he has been injured, Bruno hasn't.#
You act like Bruno Fernandes not being injury prone, is something to beat him with. Top players that are durable is a valuable thing to have. Let's hope he can get fit soon and start performing, otherwise this is a waste of ressources, which we don't really have. (Same with Pepe)

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Xhaka fans coming for a clearly half fit Partey (who has still been good for us) to protect their boy Granit...sickens me, tbh!
Not really. Similar things were said about Tierney and looked how he turned out.

The quality is there, the fitness for whatever reason is not. Xhaka has had more of a say on this season than Partey has unfortunately for us.

By default he has had more good (and bad games) than Partey - this is just facts.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Not really. Similar things were said about Tierney and looked how he turned out.

The quality is there, the fitness for whatever reason is not. Xhaka has had more of a say on this season than Partey has unfortunately for us.

By default he has had more good (and bad games) than Partey - this is just facts.

Partey can just do no wrong for me really, he's got so much ability as a midfielder...even as you say when he's had enough in a match and just walks off the pitch, taking his ball and going home (to quote The Rock talking about Stone Cold in 2002) I don't mind :lol:

Just hope we can get him fit for next season, while mainly keeping him just for the Europa this season.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Partey can just do no wrong for me really, he's got so much ability as a midfielder...even as you say when he's had enough in a match and just walks off the pitch, taking his ball and going home (to quote The Rock talking about Stone Cold in 2002) I don't mind :lol:

Just hope we can get him fit for next season, while mainly keeping him just for the Europa this season.
He looks a bit off since he’s come back, just like Tierney did before he woke up and heroically saved the Benfica tie.

Not a big deal to me if he’s not 100% right away, so yeah I’m with you there.

Legend14

Established Member
I ran the Burnley game back.

Partey and Ødegaard were our best players first half. Both were moving off the ball and playing fast. It seemed the rest of the team were slowing them down, especially Xhaka. Look for Partey and Ødegaard to start make good stuff happen as they get used to each other. They are working on the same cognitive level.

Should Partey be giving up the ball to Xhaka so frequently? Our offense stalls as soon as he does. I see Xhaka as an outlet if needed. We don’t want Partey making Xhaka better because Xhaka has a ceiling and he does not progress the ball.
Partey will be limited as long as he is paired with Xhaka. Since we do not have a better CM than Xhaka right now, we are stuck with the mismatch.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Many ways to look at it. Generally, I’ll say his first season, for various reasons, has been below average if not worse.

Looking ahead, there is the African nations next season, so he’ll be gone for 2 months midway through next season.

You’re potentially looking at a signing, who for various reasons will make little impact in his first two seasons.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Still think Arteta pushing him on the pitch like that is a shocking sight, the guy couldn’t event take one step. Was never the same after that.

This a guy who previously had little or no injury issues in his career.

Harz

According to Transfermarkt, the guy missed 6 games at Atletico over 5 seasons.

He's already missed 17 games with us in his debut season :eek:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Still think Arteta pushing him on the pitch like that is a shocking sight, the guy couldn’t event take one step. Was never the same after that.

This a guy who previously had little or no injury issues in his career.

A damning and inaccurate claim. He struggled with injuries before that game against Spuds and you can't say he hasn't been the same since because we've still seen moments of quality.

I'd be lying if I said his first season here hasn't been underwhelming but I've seen enough from him here to know we're gonna have a top midfielder for his prime. Gutted he keeps picking up knocks, we should use him as sparingly as necessary till he's fully fit.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Even if Partey was healthy since we got him, it will still not be enough to solve all the issues on the team. This team needs a new RB, a back-up LB, a CM better than Xhaka, we didn't even have anyone capable of playing CAM till December when ESR got his chance. We also need a wide-forward more consistent and dynamic than Pepe and Willian. Also a younger CF better and more athletic than Laca. These are the main issues on the team. One player can only do so much.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Even if Partey was healthy since we got him, it will still not be enough to solve all the issues on the team. This team needs a new RB, a back-up LB, a CM better than Xhaka, we didn't even have anyone capable of playing CAM till December when ESR got his chance. We also need a wide-forward more consistent and dynamic than Pepe and Willian. Also a younger CF better and more athletic than Laca. These are the main issues on the team. One player can only do so much.

True true, but CM is probably the most important position on the pitch, although it doesn't always look that way. If he had a good and healthy season i'm sure it would have changed things, albeit we still wouldn't be top 4 obviously.

It's just one of them isn't it, injuries and lack of rhythm. Needs a rest in the summer and a clean slate next season.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
A damning and inaccurate claim. He struggled with injuries before that game against Spuds and you can't say he hasn't been the same since because we've still seen moments of quality.

I'd be lying if I said his first season here hasn't been underwhelming but I've seen enough from him here to know we're gonna have a top midfielder for his prime. Gutted he keeps picking up knocks, we should use him as sparingly as necessary till he's fully fit.
I think @GDeep™ has a point about the after effects of the Sp**s game. He hasn't really been the same and has been playing in a self protective way. I think Burnley showed him getting back to himself. As you say, the glimpses of quality are there but he can play like he did vs Utd for a prolonged period when fully fit. You have to spare a thought for a player who at 27 is facing his first test with injuries. Get him fit and he'll come good and be even better with the right type of partner.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Partey likely playing 50% of his usual level he may not want to push himself hard or he'll get injured still i take 50% Partey ahead of Ceballos Elneny xhaka any day.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Good going forward ( although thats largely due their LB being so poor and playing incredibly narrow). Still needs to work on his crossing, imagine the score line had Chambers or Cedric played?
I think you might be right about Hector way back he is really levels behind than Cedric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom