• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Were better when he came on and overall had a decent enough performance to kill the game after we got shaky, but I'm starting to get worried about the errors creeping into his game. Like the second or third time he concedes a really bad foul near the penalty era and a bad giveaway.

I mean I'm probably the most lenient when it comes to errors on this forum, but it was nice to have another *safe* midfielder aside from Elneny. Did he have moments at Atletico as well or are we somehow teaching them that?

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Were better when he came on and overall had a decent enough performance to kill the game after we got shaky, but I'm starting to get worried about the errors creeping into his game. Like the second or third time he concedes a really bad foul near the penalty era and a bad giveaway.

I mean I'm probably the most lenient when it comes to errors on this forum, but it was nice to have another *safe* midfielder aside from Elneny. Did he have moments at Atletico as well or are we somehow teaching them that?
Think he's just getting up to the pace.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Still a huge fan of the signing but if he doesn't start next season in top form the pressure is going to be on big time. He's so inconsistent at the moment.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Think he's become somewhat of a scapegoat recently tbh. Yes he's not up to level but we still look like a different team when he plays. He's going to kill it when he's 100%

Iceman10

Established Member
Still a huge fan of the signing but if he doesn't start next season in top form the pressure is going to be on big time. He's so inconsistent at the moment.

Don’t think he’s been a scapegoat as far as most are concerned, mainly from some who don’t understand football and the fitness challenges he has to get through.

mirrorstare

He really seems to overrate his physical qualities, making a nasty habit of conceding really dangerous stuff and looking silly because of it.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Don’t think he’s been a scapegoat as far as most are concerned, mainly from some who don’t understand football and the fitness challenges he has to get through.
He's our best midfielder no doubt. I get it hasn't been easy for him with injuries and getting used to the league but things like that silly free kick he gave away on the edge of the box aren't fitness issues for me.

Iceman10

Established Member
He's our best midfielder no doubt. I get it hasn't been easy for him with injuries and getting used to the league but things like that silly free kick he gave away on the edge of the box aren't fitness issues for me.

Conceding that free kick wasn’t good, granted, but I don’t see what amounts to justifying him becoming some sort of scapegoat. Actually, thinking it over I’m not sure it is about being a scapegoat, more that it is general impatience probably with the price tag factoring in although injury has been more the issue, a bit like Tierney in his first season.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Conceding that free kick wasn’t good, granted, but I don’t see what amounts to justifying him becoming some sort of scapegoat. Actually, thinking it over I’m not sure it is about being a scapegoat, more that it is general impatience probably with the price tag factoring in although injury has been more the issue, a bit like Tierney in his first season.
It's the patience thing for me as well rather than scapegoat. I guess I expected him to be consistently dominating games for us by now against sides as poor as Olympiacos especially when you see how easy it is for him when he's on it like the first 60 mins at the weekend.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Fits automatically into our best 11 without a doubt and I think everyone recognizes that. Not sure about the scapegoating. His dangerous play at the edge of our box does need to be cut out, if it continues it will cost us - too many careless passes/fouls. Shouldn't be controversial to point out.

That being said, I am confident he will sort it. His quality is there for all to see regardless of some mistakes/inconsistencies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Best baller in midfield , but I’m not sure he can be the main man. Xhaka ahead of him at this stage as the cornerstone of this team.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Best baller in midfield , but I’m not sure he can be the main man. Xhaka ahead of him at this stage as the cornerstone of this team.
He's played less than 10 complete matches in his Arsenal career because of mismanagement and injuries. Very difficult to make such a declaration about him yet. By contrast, Xhaka spent the first couple months of his time in an Arsenal shirt picking splinters out of his arse since Wenger didn't think he was good enough. Partey will be just fine once his fitness is 100%. He was making El Nenny look like Zidane earlier in the season the way he was bossing midfield FFS. Xhaka the "cornerstone" is leading the league in errors leading to goals over the last few seasons. Partey has some work to do to sink that low.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He needs to turn back the clock to his Atleti level if we’re to do something this season. If we meet United for example we’ll need him at his best to handle their midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom