• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It’s going to be a problem for most PL teams though tbf.

Chelsea losing Mendy and Ziyech, Liverpool losing Mane, Salah, Kabak and Keita, City will lose Mahrez, Leicester will lose Iheanacho, Amartey, Mendy and Ndidi, Utd will lose Diallo, AWB and Bailly off the top of my head.

Obviously we’re losing four but most of our rivals for top four will be hit hard as well.
Ziyech isn't a problem for Chelsea they have loads of players in forward positions. City the same with Mahrez. Liverpool may suffer but I reckon one of Salah or Mane will be sold and will be replaced.

AWB is plays for England so unless England are competing in the compeition he won't be missing. Bailly is rubbish and will be replaced this season.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Liverpool aside, our rivals won’t be as impacted as us. Chelsea won’t miss Mendy or Ziyech, Utd aren’t missing AWB etc.

Partey/Auba etc is the heart of our team.

Mendy’s their starting goalkeeper and AWB is a huge player for Utd though.

Leicester missing Ndidi and Iheanacho who’s been flying lately is huge as well. Those two help carry the team.

I get Auba and Partey are important but the tournament’s only a month and it’ll be during the PL winter break as well.

FA Cup usually scheduled for that time period so even if Ghana go all the way to the final he probably misses two league games at most.

Ziyech isn't a problem for Chelsea they have loads of players in forward positions. City the same with Mahrez. Liverpool may suffer but I reckon one of Salah or Mane will be sold and will be replaced.

AWB is plays for England so unless England are competing in the compeition he won't be missing. Bailly is rubbish and will be replaced this season.

No AWB hadn’t played for England yet. He’s apparently close to switching allegiances.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Mendy’s their starting goalkeeper and AWB is a huge player for Utd though.

Leicester missing Ndidi and Iheanacho who’s been flying lately is huge as well. Those two help carry the team.

I get Auba and Partey are important but the tournament’s only a month and it’ll be during the PL winter break as well.

FA Cup usually scheduled for that time period so even if Ghana go all the way to the final he probably misses two league games at most.

No AWB hadn’t played for England yet. He’s apparently close to switching allegiances.
If he choses Congo over England then it shows he has a weak mentality. He's a good player and will get his chance at England if he is willing to work for it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If he choses Congo over England then it shows he has a weak mentality. He's a good player and will get his chance at England if he is willing to work for it.

Or he might just feel more affinity with that country now he’s older.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Or he might just feel more affinity with that country now he’s older.
No the only reason he is talking about Congo is because he feels rejected by England. That is all. He has as much affinity for Congo as I do Switzerland where some of my family were born. I have never visited Switzerland, don't speak French/German have never had anything to do with Switzerland other than eating chocolate. Would I pick Switzerland over England? Only if I believed deep down I wouldnt get a game for England. Not because I had split loyalties.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

No the only reason he is talking about Congo is because he feels rejected by England. That is all. He has as much affinity for Congo as I do Switzerland where some of my family were born. I have never visited Switzerland, don't speak French/German have never had anything to do with Switzerland other than eating chocolate. Would I pick Switzerland over England? Only if I believed deep down I wouldnt get a game for England. Not because I had split loyalties.

Aubameyang was born in France to a Spanish mother and never lived in Gabon even though he played for French youth teams.

Nationality means different things to different people. As you say AWB is almost definitely going to be selected by England if he stays eligible but maybe he wants to play for the DR Congo regardless.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Aubameyang was born in France to a Spanish mother and never lived in Gabon even though he played for French youth teams.

Nationality means different things to different people. As you say AWB is almost definitely going to be selected by England if he stays eligible but maybe he wants to play for the DR Congo regardless.
Aubas father played for and captained Gabon. A lot of young boys want to fellow their fathers footsteps. I think that's the difference.

He played 1 youth game for France and very quickly decided he wanted to represent Gabon. He represented them at under 23. I think France or Spain was never in his thinking based on his decisions.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I like seeing our players do well Internationally, so good luck to all our players in the cup of nations next season...guess it's just the price you have to pay with when that tournament is held, the players themselves didn't schedule it...certainly wouldn't want us to not buy any African players just because they miss a few games in January.

Did Lauren retire from international football so early because he was worried the African Cup might cost him his starting spot at Arsenal?

It always confused me why he only made about 25 caps for Cameroon (none after 2002) despite being one of the best rightbacks in the world up to about 2006.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I like seeing our players do well Internationally, so good luck to all our players in the cup of nations next season...guess it's just the price you have to pay with when that tournament is held, the players themselves didn't schedule it...certainly wouldn't want us to not buy any African players just because they miss a few games in January.

Did Lauren retire from international football so early because he was worried the African Cup might cost him his starting spot at Arsenal?

It always confused me why he only made about 25 caps for Cameroon (none after 2002) despite being one of the best rightbacks in the world up to about 2006.
Long term it isn't an issue but for example next year is vital for us. I don't particularly want us to sign players who are basically guaranteed to miss 4-6 weeks football at the busiest time of the football calender.

Imagine going for Bisoumma and in January having a big gapping hole in Central midfield with him and Partey gone. Literally Xhaka and Joe Willock to play 5-6 matches on the bounce.

mpower2540

Had everyone lowering their head and admitting how much Xhaka was missed, impressive.
Think we missed Luiz more than Xhaka ironically. There was no one willing to be brave and play the ball into the midfield from the back so both Ceballos and Partey dropped ludicrously deep to try and help.

Doubt Xhaka would’ve made much of a difference tbh. I prefer him to Ceballos but it’s not as if Xhaka is super press resistant or brave either. I actually thought Chambers, Holding and in particular Leno’s lack of bravery and constant ball hoofing really hurt us in this game

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Unfortunately poor again.

Made dreadful mistake heading behind himself straight to Mane but fortunately for him Gabriel reacted superbly and saved his blushes. Failed to closing down Milner for the chance he had that he was open for. Jumped out of away of a pools player shot instead of blocking. As usual made several dangerous reckless balls.

Partey, Xhaka, Ceballos and Elneny just haven't been good enough this season.

Last edited:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
At least he stopped shooting tonight but that's probably because we got nowhere near their box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom