• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Starting to show what I’ve been waiting for! The block he made that set up the first goal is the type of stuff I eventually expect us to get used to as he continues to play for us.

Pair him with a quality no8 and we are well on the way to being a CL level team again.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
I quite happy he gone 3 games in space of a week without having injury troubles in last 2 games he easily dominate the midfield we in desperate need for right partner he in his peak years and can go 5 at least more season with same level.
hope he is rested vs Fulham

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Only wish this guy was a bit younger. Would have been perfect if he was like 24/25, would fit in better with the timeline of Saka, ESR, Martinelli, Gabriel, Saliba and Tierney.
I like the way you slid Saliba in there on the sly, very good ;) possibly could have snuck Balogun too, just sayin.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
World class player, understood why he's been criticised recently but class is permanent.

He is definitely as holding midfielder though. I really want to see him as a lone pivot next season, with more passing options ahead of him. Its why although I really like Bissouma, I'm not sure he'd be the best option for us, we need midfielders in the number 8 mold, we currently don't really have anyone that can do that. A younger version of someone like Wijnaldum or Ramsey would be class.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
World class player, understood why he's been criticised recently but class is permanent.

He is definitely as holding midfielder though. I really want to see him as a lone pivot next season, with more passing options ahead of him. Its why although I really like Bissouma, I'm not sure he'd be the best option for us, we need midfielders in the number 8 mold, we currently don't really have anyone that can do that. A younger version of someone like Wijnaldum or Ramsey would be class.

This is the conversation AM hasn't been having for the past 8 months. He isn't Yaya or PV4, imo he's a Fernandinho. Just because he can make some excellent forward passes doesn't mean he's not a holding midfielder.

Also go look at his stats and who they're similar to, it's Yves Bissouma, who plays as the deepest midfielder for Brighton.

Think about Utd's midfield right now with Pogba and Bruno, pretty much universal agreement that what it needs is a McTominay/Fred upgrade. Frankly they should have bought Partey last summer. Now their fans want Bissouma. Partey/Bissouma plus Pogba and Bruno is a complete midfield. We have one of those elements, maybe the AM if we get Ødegaard or someone else. What we don't have is a Pogba. There's a good argument that that's the type of CM we need.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is the conversation AM hasn't been having for the past 8 months. He isn't Yaya or PV4, imo he's a Fernandinho. Just because he can make some excellent forward passes doesn't mean he's not a holding midfielder.

Also go look at his stats and who they're similar to, it's Yves Bissouma, who plays as the deepest midfielder for Brighton.

Think about Utd's midfield right now with Pogba and Bruno, pretty much universal agreement that what it needs is a McTominay/Fred upgrade. Frankly they should have bought Partey last summer. Now their fans want Bissouma. Partey/Bissouma plus Pogba and Bruno is a complete midfield. We have one of those elements, maybe the AM if we get Ödegaard or someone else. What we don't have is a Pogba. There's a good argument that that's the type of CM we need.

I've never really seen Partey as an 8 to be honest, his main strength with the ball is picking it up deep and either playing a pass through the likes or driving with it up the pitch. Playing him slightly higher limits this to a great degree. Agree with the Fernandinho comparison, he should be our version of him.

And yeah, Bissoumas a great player and is good enough to play in the CL imo, but we have to get our priorities straight.

I know loads don't like Xhaka, but he will be here next season and is also a deeper player. I think having Partey, Bissouma and Xhaka at the cost of not getting a number 8 wouldn't be the best move. Tie down Ødegaard (who I think could play centrally in a 433) and go for a box to box versatile number 8 to play next to him.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Passing off today like previous games. Seems to have a habit of dangling the leg out to tackle. The type of habit that invites players to go over it. Seems any attacking player with a half turn of direction has him floundering. Don't know if he's very flat footed or something.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player but some people where expecting him to be our next Vieira but I'm afraid miles off that.

People turn there nose up at Bissouma for 35-40m. 3-4 years younger than Partey and tried and tested in the league I wouldnt say no.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
He's talented but continues to kill our possessions with weird long range attempts and he hasn't earned enough good will like Alexis did a few years back to get away with killing our attack

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He's talented but continues to kill our possessions with weird long range attempts and he hasn't earned enough good will like Alexis did a few years back to get away with killing our attack
At 28 you're either a good player or not. Talented is for young players. You don't call a player knocking on 30 talented. He needs to be delivering. Not potential not anything. Performances. And he hasn't delivered this season.

Dangles the leg in tackles. Gives silly fouls away. Can find 1 special pass but can't seem to do the basics right. Keeps shooting from positions of being off balance and not stable.

Certainly doesn't look one of Europe's top players. It's much easy to look good in a rigid Atletico team than a team like ours. The team made him look better than he was as an individual.

mpower2540

Thought there were far worse players on the pitch. Tried to get us going, flashes of brilliance but other times his execution was a bit off.

Honestly though I feel sorry for the players at this point having to play this uninspired nothing football. There was zero box presence today at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom