• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's had a bad season on the whole with flashes if brilliance but I trust Keown who says he could do no more than he did being left alone in midfield. I know Xhaka got a lot of criticism when Ramsey ran to goal and abandoned him. There isn't a single midfielder at the club who could have done better than him in this system tonight. Arteta has ruined literally every player

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Was it his dad that convinced him to come to us?

Thomas will probably want to beat the **** out of him next time he sees him...one of the very worst career decisions ever :lol:

Thomas grew up as an Arsenal fan. Plus he got a significant upgrade in his pay. Probably also thought he would come here and have a freer role and not be put in a box by such a strict system like in Atletico.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I got a lot of flack earlier on in the season for defending certain players and using the manager as an excuse for why they weren’t performing.

I hope the seasons that experienced top class performers like Partey and Auba have had is enough evidence of that. That is all.

TinFish

I just hope a new manager can bring out the best in our players. On top of that I hope the new manager will play ****ing martinelli more often

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Partey is a good player, no question. He's not an elite or transformative player, what he should be is a good cog in a CL team, surrounded by better players, which ironically is exactly what he was at Atleti. Kinda feel for him, terrible decision to move, his career is banjaxed.

The fact he's a good player, and the fact he can get much better, and the fact the coach isn't getting the best out of him, doesn't change the fact that he probably wasn't the right target last summer. Spent all summer chasing him, committed most of our budget to him at 27 years old, that's a gamble on a top 4 finish, make no mistake, and it's massively failed.

Nothing to be done about it now, just find the right partner for him and actually, y'know, play them together, don't leave him in midfield by himself to flail on his arse in a european semi-final, that'd be a good start.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
He's a top player. If he looks so **** in this system sometimes it's not the player, you know?

Arteta's system is such that you always get mediocre 6.5/10 displays from everyone. That's why **** players such as Xhaka, Elneny, Holding look a bit better than they actually are while ballers like Ødegaard, Partey, or Auba look a lot worse. It's just dull to watch.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I wonder if he is still carrying an injury?

He must be, looked like he could barely move the whole second half...while just last season, he dominated high pressing Liverpool, from first to last minute.

Should have played next to Elneny last night, needed some legs to help him in the middle.

D

Dial Square 1886

Funny thing is, he doesn't seem defensively aware at all!!

Big surprise for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom