• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpower2540

He looked tired at 40’. Something is up.
Probably because we gave him the sole responsibility of the midfield. There was acres of space he was having to cover in a role he’s never actually done before. We’ve made him our lynchpin and he’s drowning in the role.

We’re overburdening players by giving them too many things to do. There’s no partnerships or link ups at all. Pepe, Saka, ESR, Ødegaard were all getting the ball and were pressured immediately with zero options other than backwards.

We retreat into a low block and we start the majority of our attacks from our own box. We lose EVERY second ball it’s infuriating to watch. They were able to get out so easily and force us to turn the ball over back to them every time.

We’re a nothing team, we can’t go long cos nobody can win the arial duels, we can’t go short cos no one is good/comfortable/confident enough to take the ball from the back and get us out.

Arteta’s nail in the coffin is he somehow managed to take all the momentum from the Slavia win and destroy it by turning us into a team of petrified sissy’s. He’s created an environment of utter fear and that’s unforgivable

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Felt bad for him last night, he was alone in midfield, I’ve never seen anything like it, ESR and Ødegaard were told to hug the touchli e and create overlords with the full backs and wingers, essentially, 6 players on the wing, I don’t get it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Remember how outstanding he was in our first league win at Old Trafford since 2006, this season?

He ran that game...he is either injured in someway, or lost motivation to play for us...he's too good a player for it to be anything else.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He over exerted himself a couple times and got injured, he’s probably playing within himself as well as being our only CM.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This guy is the only player we in our squad, with the exception of a finished Luiz and Willian (so not counting then), who has performed at the really elite level of European football. I'm talking games against Madrid and Barca, CL knockout games ect.

I'm extremely worried about the state of the squad, but not about this guy. I'm confident he will be a top player for us.

OSBK

Established Member
Kante was simply a insane beast vs real madrid. Partey doesnt even look half the player kante is.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Is anyone else shocked at how sh*t he is? Can’t even say he’s better than El Neny, he makes me appreciate Xhaka a lot more.

I'm not really surprised at how **** Partey has been. I only saw him in limited matches before joining us but from what I saw of him I wasn't that impressed by him.

Partey was woeful on Thursday.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Thomas was on 70k a week at Atletico. He demanded 200k to come to us. Why was no other top club in for a midfielder of his calibre for 45m? He's a good player. He is not going to win us 6/7 points on his own and he has no resale value.

Looks again very much bad business and one of theose opportunist signings.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Thomas was on 70k a week at Atletico. He demanded 200k to come to us. Why was no other top club in for a midfielder of his calibre for 45m? He's a good player. He is not going to win us 6/7 points on his own and he has no resale value.

The club has made a lot of terrible signings in the last 5 years. Remember when the narrative was that the club doesn't spend money. The last great signing we had for a good price was Alexis Sanchez in 14/15.

He just come off his best season with Barca and was in the perfect age bracket (23-25 range), just entering his prime, but still young enough to improve, as he did in the 16/17 season.

I legit believe Xhaka, Mustafi, Kola, Laca, Auba, Luiz have all been poor to terrible signings. I like Partey and think he can be quality, but needs to be playing in the right system and needs more support.

My only concern with the signing was his age. It has also been a tough season cause of injury niggles here and there, never truly settled. Plus going from playing for a top level manager to a rookie manager cannot be understated.

He would be perfect playing a little deeper, he is good on the ball, but should not be responsible from starting attacks or even anywhere near the final third to shoot on goal, he can contribute as a playmaker from deep. He has a very high ceiling as a defender on and off the ball.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Don't get the money/on-field motivation correlation. You think when other players in their prime move for big money play for peanuts?

It's up to coach to motivate and set up their players to play to the best of their abilities.

The blame on the players is getting beyond ridiculous now.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

No were just in the middle of a pandemic and nobody else could afford £45M straight up in cash. Abysmal comment. Atletico also had an improved contract offer on the table of around 140k that Partey was refusing to sign.

akhil

Judge him properly next season. First year here in this compressed season and with a ***** in charge. Just not great when it's a big money signing but he's played his whole career in Spain.

He's been disappointing on the whole for sure.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
No were just in the middle of a pandemic and nobody else could afford £45M straight up in cash. Abysmal comment. Atletico also had an improved contract offer on the table of around 140k that Partey was refusing to sign.
No club in world football could afford 45m. If we could find a way other clubs could. And football existed before last year. No big clubs interested.

Don't you start calling my comments abysmal until you have said you were wrong about Mikel

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Don't get the money/on-field motivation correlation. You think when other players in their prime move for big money play for peanuts?

It's up to coach to motivate and set up their players to play to the best of their abilities.

The blame on the players is getting beyond ridiculous now.
If a player gives up CL football, a top 3 team in their league for a team 8th in the league and EL football only on the basis of earning 3 times more its to be questioned.

Willian is perfect example. Was at a better team, swapped it for more £ and look.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
No club in world football could afford 45m. If we could find a way other clubs could. And football existed before last year. No big clubs interested.

Don't you start calling my comments abysmal until you have said you were wrong about Mikel

The opinion that Partey is a bad signing is hideous. No questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom