• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Looking like Elneny will partner Xhaka at Brentford then. Would be nice to see Willock or Lokonga there but in a very important away game to start the season Arteta will probably go with what he sees as the safest option.

Such a shame we couldn't see Partey get a proper run of games to start the season. Just can't seem to get going for him here yet.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
1-2 games he'll miss depends on his ankle but thankfully isn't bad Xhaka and Lokonga should start yes i know they haven't play together before and could be issue but we all know xhaka Elneny offer nothing offensively

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Won't be missed if Farteys performances last season are anything to go by.

Hopefully he is just slow adapting to league and this season he finally lives up even a tenth of the hype hw had by some on here when we signed as being a Vieira and Yaya hybrid.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ive seen this kinda statement before. Where we don’t give much of a definite time and then it ends up being worse.

Let’s hope more news comes out and we get more info as to what happened.

The general consensus seems to say he will be back after the international break. And that's a good 5/6 weeks away so I'd say that's probably the likely scenario.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The general consensus seems to say he will be back after the international break. And that's a good 5/6 weeks away so I'd say that's probably the likely scenario.
Oh **** it’s 5-6 weeks. Didn’t know it was that long. Looks like he will be playing catch up with his fitness this season if we don’t manage him correctly.

I hope Arteta stops being a simp for Elneny and actually plays Lokonga or Willock next to Xhaka. It would be quite balanced.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
People asking Lokonga to play vs Chelsea will cry after the game that Lokonga was brought in too early and thrown under the bus. He's a talent, don't get me wrong. But i prefer the boring but more experienced El Neny against Chelsea with 3 at the back. Without Partey we can't go 4 at the back, it will be sunday 2.0 with Holding looking like a pub league player again.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Just don't rush him back like last season.

...he's rushing him back like last season, right?

Thomas when we're down 2-0 to Brentford in the first 20 minutes

giphy.gif

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
People asking Lokonga to play vs Chelsea will cry after the game that Lokonga was brought in too early and thrown under the bus. He's a talent, don't get me wrong. But i prefer the boring but more experienced El Neny against Chelsea with 3 at the back. Without Partey we can't go 4 at the back, it will be sunday 2.0 with Holding looking like a pub league player again.
How do you know Lokonga wont be better than Elneny? Who would he need to play well against to show that he possibly is?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

How do you know Lokonga wont be better than Elneny? Who would he need to play well against to show that he possibly is?
I’d be reluctant to throw in a young new signing into the midfield against Chelsea just because we hate Elneny as well. He leaves a lot to be desired, but last season Elneny wasn’t awful in games against the bigger teams. Can drop him right after too.

Saying that, I am unsure of Lokonga’s role in the squad, he could very well get the nod.

Brett

I’d be reluctant to throw in a young new signing into the midfield against Chelsea just because we hate Elneny as well. He leaves a lot to be desired, but last season Elneny wasn’t awful in games against the bigger teams. Can drop him right after too.

Saying that, I am unsure of Lokonga’s role in the squad, he could very well get the nod.
May be it is finally the time for AMN to get his chance in midfield.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Should ease him in against Brentford or burnley quality teams. Imo for someone that young and completely new to the PL, it will be insane to play against Chelsea. It's a recipe for disaster pretty much.

However i am sure with a series of games against easier teams he can make it later to play against the likes of chelsea etc but not this early yet

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Didn't we sack the Brazilian head physio? Does anyone know who is leading our medical team now out of interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom