• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’d be reluctant to throw in a young new signing into the midfield against Chelsea just because we hate Elneny as well. He leaves a lot to be desired, but last season Elneny wasn’t awful in games against the bigger teams. Can drop him right after too.

Saying that, I am unsure of Lokonga’s role in the squad, he could very well get the nod.
Guendouzi was thrown into the deep end against city and Chelsea in Emery's first two games and he was arguably our best player in both games.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Won't be missed if Farteys performances last season are anything to go by.

Hopefully he is just slow adapting to league and this season he finally lives up even a tenth of the hype hw had by some on here when we signed as being a Vieira and Yaya hybrid.
‘Partey’ :p You bash him in every thread then add a qualifier ‘hope he comes good’

But it doesn’t feel like you want him to come good. :lol::lol::lol:

What has a relatively new Arsenal player, who by your own admission you haven’t watched very much, done to you???

Trill

Not Trilly
Won't be missed if Farteys performances last season are anything to go by.

Hopefully he is just slow adapting to league and this season he finally lives up even a tenth of the hype hw had by some on here when we signed as being a Vieira and Yaya hybrid.
Sorry am I an idiot? (That's a rhetorical question. That means don't answer) but I thought considering his injury problems Partey was pretty good last season? He got sloppier as the season progressed but he was pretty much our only player trying to take responsibility and progress play in midfield?

He'll look much better with a proper partner in midfield not leaving him to do everything I think. You could see he was getting frustrated and progressively trying to force the issue the longer the season went on.

Legend14

Established Member
This is turning out to be a disastrous signing isn't it, he struggles last year with injuries and played pretty average football after returning. Was hoping for a good season from him this year only for him to get injured just before the start of the season only for him to return and leave for AFCON(Is it going to be held not sure tbh).

People talk about expensive flops after Pepe, Partey is inching toward becoming one.:shivering:
Disaster signing? Not even close. Injury problems last year, yes, but when he plays he looks far from a disaster signing. The recent injury was because someone tackled him from behind.

Lets just hope he recovers fast. Positivity works.

Brett

Disaster signing? Not even close. Injury problems last year, yes, but when he plays he looks far from a disaster signing. The recent injury was because someone tackled him from behind.

Lets just hope he recovers fast. Positivity works.
Did not say it was a disaster signing, I am saying it is inching towards being one. He was very average last season after his return he is injured again and will leave for AFCON.

When you sign someone for over 50million you want instant impact not wait for two years. I know injuries are not his fault but it is a disaster for us if that sort of investment don't give us immediate returns.

Legend14

Established Member
He was not average at all when he played. He is so effective that when he is not in we look miserable.

Yes, we didn’t expect him to be so fragile, so if hamstring injuries reoccur, then there is a concern.

I think he will have a great season if he is healthy.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Sorry am I an idiot? (That's a rhetorical question. That means don't answer) but I thought considering his injury problems Partey was pretty good last season? He got sloppier as the season progressed but he was pretty much our only player trying to take responsibility and progress play in midfield?

He'll look much better with a proper partner in midfield not leaving him to do everything I think. You could see he was getting frustrated and progressively trying to force the issue the longer the season went on.

Had 3 or maybe 4 decent performances and was very poor the rest of his peformances. Not Arsenal standard last season let alone warrant the price tag.

No one challenged me on this comment that I made of Guendouzi, Ceballos and Torreira having much more impressive first seasons with us because even the staunches Partey fan/Fifa player/ tiky toky vine user know it's true.

I hope it's just a case of him taking a while to adapt to league but I wasn't impressed even when I saw him play for Atletico Madrid.

Last edited:

Mitch

‘Partey’ :p You bash him in every thread then add a qualifier ‘hope he comes good’

But it doesn’t feel like you want him to come good. :lol::lol::lol:

What has a relatively new Arsenal player, who by your own admission you haven’t watched very much, done to you???

- Been poor in the matches I saw of him at Madrid.

- Been very, very poor for us last season.

- I still hope he improves (of course I do) but I don't have too much optimism based on what I've seen on him (I hope I'm wrong).

Last edited:

MikeVinna

Established Member
Mitch you have the strangest opinions on some of our players. Partey is clearly our best CM. This latest injury isn’t some recurring issue. He got tackled out of the match. Let’s just hope he’s not out for long because if he is we’ll be seeing the dreaded Xhaka/Neny duo start every game. Grim viewing if so.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Mitch you have the strangest opinions on some of our players. Partey is clearly our best CM. This latest injury isn’t some recurring issue. He got tackled out of the match. Let’s just hope he’s not out for long because if he is we’ll be seeing the dreaded Xhaka/Neny duo start every game. Grim viewing if so.
He's not wrong, Partey has been piss poor at times last season, but I think we can forgive him that all things considered.
He is definitely a talented player, you can see it every time he touches the ball, it just didn't work for him so far but I'm positive he will be much better this season

Mitch

Well Xhaka was our best cm last season and even he was poor and had his poorest season for us. There is no doubt the likes of Gunedouzi, Torreira and Cebballos all had more impressive first seasons with us than Partey.

mirrorstare

Not at all, in the end even those who kept saying every single touch of him was world class had to concede he had an underwhelming season. The fact that Xhaka was comfortably our most important midfielder was pretty damning. This is a supposedly world class talent being unable to shine against a guy nobody here rates.

Preseason was encouraging but then again, even Nketiah can look good on preseason, and with the injury we're back to square one. If he takes as much time to get back to full fitness as it happened last season and then goes to AFCON anyway, is a 2nd year of Partey being underwhelming.

Trill

Not Trilly
Had 3 or maybe 4 decent performances and was very poor the rest of his peformances. Not Arsenal standard last season let alone warrant the price tag.

No one challenged me on this comment that I made of Guendouzi, Ceballos and Torreira having much more impressive first seasons with us because even the staunches Partey fan/Fifa player/ tiky toky vine user know it's true.

I hope it's just a case of him taking a while to adapt to league but I wasn't impressed even when I saw him play for Atletico Madrid.
Could I ask in what aspects in particular you thought he was so poor last season?

Legend14

Established Member

Mitch, we already know you don’t like the player. Your comments have no basis in fact. None.

Mitch

Could I ask in what aspects in particular you thought he was so poor last season?

- "His shoot on site" whenever he gets the ball in the final third is extremely frustrating especially considering it normally ends up in the crows nest/nose bleeder section.

- People like how quick he looks to urgently make a progressive pass upfield, however many of times this seems rushed and he either makes the wrong pass choice and over hits the pass

- Very Poor positional awareness and discipline. Reminds of primary school kids chasing after the ball in playground or a dog chasing a car.

Mitch

Mitch, we already know you don’t like the player. Your comments have no basis in fact. None.

Which of my comments isn't true?

Did Partey have more bad peformances than good peformances last season? Even the most biased Partey fan would admit more bad peformances than good.

That Ceballos, Torreira and Guendouzi all had more impressive first seasons with us than Partey? I've been saying this for a while and not one person disputed it.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Not sure why Mitch goes out of his way to repeat it, but ultimately he is right - Partey had a poor season overall if we are honest.

The quality is there though, but he was poor. He wasn’t helped by some of the tactics, (like playing lone mid against Villarreal). His shoot on sight policy for example is absolutely bogus, he needs to cut it out.

Lost the ball in dangerous areas at times as well, which thankfully led to nothing.

Let’s not talk him up just because we hate certain others. He needs to fix up quickly before he finds himself in the Lacazette/Auba bracket -he will be labeled elderly and overpaid if he keeps this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom