• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
His shooting is horrible, some of the worse I've seen, but put that aside and the guy is an absolute ball hound. @Tir Na Nog spot on saying that he's blossomed as a deeper 6. He's playing under the radar as one of the best ball winning CM's in the league at the moment. Very good performance yesterday.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

His shooting is horrible, some of the worse I've seen, but put that aside and the guy is an absolute ball hound. @Tir Na Nog spot on saying that he's blossomed as a deeper 6. He's playing under the radar as one of the best ball winning CM's in the league at the moment. Very good performance yesterday.

This is why I don't get people saying we should be signing a DM when we've got Partey flourishing and got Lokonga more long term. We need an upgrade on Xhaka and stylistically someone more suited to playing as an 8.

Barry

This is why I don't get people saying we should be signing a DM when we've got Partey flourishing and got Lokonga more long term. We need an upgrade on Xhaka and stylistically someone more suited to playing as an 8.
I think it's because Lokonga hasn't shown much defensively, so if Partey goes down who's left? It's a tricky one though because you can't sign a top class backup. Do we go for another decent younger player perhaps? Or maybe they think that Lokonga will improve by next season but it's hard to see that when he's not getting any game time.

Someone like Tyler Adams could be a smart pick up - cover for RB and defensive CM and could push for both as a starter.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill

Still think he lacks a bit of the composure and surety in possession needed that the very elite in that role have. The likes of Fabinho, Busquets, Rodri and Jorginho are a level or two above.

But yeah he’s doing fine at the moment.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Still think he lacks a bit of the composure and surety in possession needed that the very elite in that role have. The likes of Fabinho, Busquets, Rodri and Jorginho are a level or two above.

But yeah he’s doing fine at the moment.

Actually think he's as good a passer as these guys, better in some aspects, but they have higher levels of concentration and decision making, meaning they tend to lose the ball less, which is crucial in that position. Overall though I think Partey as the sole DM is encouraging, he's been getting better and better there.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Actually think he's as good a passer as these guys, better in some aspects, but they have higher levels of concentration and decision making, meaning they tend to lose the ball less, which is crucial in that position. Overall though I think Partey as the sole DM is encouraging, he's been getting better and better there.

You’re saying exactly what I mean. You just explained it better than me. Excuse me English is my 8th language.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Class performance, this is what I expected from him when we signed him, to be honest. If he can keep up this level, he's definitely a key player for us.

Pyres7

He's getting better and better.

We need to start fining him every time he has a shot off target though.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Was the driving force second half. Shouldn’t shoot anymore though.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I think it's because Lokonga hasn't shown much defensively, so if Partey goes down who's left? It's a tricky one though because you can't sign a top class backup. Do we go for another decent younger player perhaps? Or maybe they think that Lokonga will improve by next season but it's hard to see that when he's not getting any game time.

Someone like Tyler Adams could be a smart pick up - cover for RB and defensive CM and could push for both as a starter.

Martinelli wasnt getting much game time either, cause there was work being done with him. Same is with Sambi, people will start to question and doubt him, and then get surprised when they see him step in and ready to influence games.

With CL Elneny might stay to give extra cover in the position, while we concentrate on getting a #8 (or two if X leaves)

Barry

Martinelli wasnt getting much game time either, cause there was work being done with him. Same is with Sambi, people will start to question and doubt him, and then get surprised when they see him step in and ready to influence games.

With CL Elneny might stay to give extra cover in the position, while we concentrate on getting a #8 (or two if X leaves)

Hope that you are right and could definitely see that happening. 23 is still young and he will obviously get a bunch of cup games next year if we make Europe which looks likely. I actually rate Lokonga so don't get me wrong, I just don't rate him as a ball-winner.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
What a performance by this guy. I’ve always said once he shows his true level we as a team improve tenfold. He’s got a bit of everything in his game (bar distance shooting :lol:)

Ran the show alongside Xhaka last night. He’s been offering more going forward recently too, creating chances and getting the odd assist. Took him a while but it seems as if he’s finally found consistency.

illmatik

Established Member
Seems like the disaster at everton and the AFCON really sparked a light under him. He is finally turning into the player we originally thought we were buying. Crucial to our XI and buildup play

BUT I BEG YOU PLEASE NO MORE SHOTS lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom