<

Thomas Partey

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Troopz, Oct 16, 2018.

?

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

1. Yes

43.3%
  2. No

56.7%
  1. AbouCuéllar

AbouCuéllar Well-Known Member

Attacking midfielder is certainly a bigger need. We are going to be better off going through Guendouzi's growing pains with Ceballos or Xhaka with Ceballos and a creative midfielder ahead of them to actual create chances (something we are terrible at right now), than we are with Partey and Ceballos or worse, Partey and Xhaka and no creative midfielder. It's absolutely our first need.

2. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

I think they're equally as important.

For me you play a midfield 3 of Xhaka or Ceballos with Partey and a creative mid.

If I could have an ideal midfield 3 going into next season it would be Ceballos, Partey and Aouar. Pigs might also fly tho :lol:

3. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

I agree but It think partey and buendia are attainable for us. I don’t think we are as skint as some believe we hear it all the time then We spend 100 m

gunner4lyfe likes this.
  4. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

It's certainly our midfield and it's always been the midfield since Santi left, where we exhibited a massive drop in quality.

Partey would be immense, but who's going to be in the pockets of space just between their CBs and midfield or on the left side with real creative ideas ?

We haven't got a single player of that type anymore - okay, ESR, maybe Reiss, but I'd rather not put all my hope for a good season into those kids solely.

Would be way more calm, if I'd know Arteta gets his prefered version of Buendia for that purpose before putting all our money on partey.

5. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

They're both as needed. We bring in a creative midfielder but we still lack power and athleticism? We then have a midfield that can be outran and overpowered.

6. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

We're not Chelsea, City or Man United who will just pay what a clubs asks for a player they want. But if we really want Partey, we'll pay the RC. Appearing to be cash strapped is the club's M.O.

Camron likes this.
  7. MutableEarth

I agree. I just think we need both Partey and Buendia in theory. The profile is more important than the name though IMO.

Trilly and SingmeasongSong like this.
  8. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Easier said then done, but we should spend our budget on Partey. We can then sell to buy others.

I could even live with Soares, Mari, Salibah and Partey as a transfer window with Saka and Auba staying. Partey is that good.

9. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Whilst I agree we need Partey it doesnt change the fact we cannot create chances.

SingmeasongSong and truth_hurts like this.
  10. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Our chance creation is awful, but maybe Arteta can find a way to get Saka and Pepe on the ball more.

11. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

The links to Coutinho suggest we're after an AM as well. Arteta has already acknowledged the team's lack of creativity.

12. Camron

Camron Established Member

If the offers are true then we are in his ear and he isn't renewing.

Question is whether we have what it takes to follow through.

Could be the Zaha transfer all over again.

OnlyOne likes this.
  13. daron christie

daron christie Active Member

The Guendouzi link is a poverty link no way in hell would Simone want that undisciplined nut cast anywhere near his team Simone would eat him alive...doesn’t fit their system at all

14. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

I've obviously not watched Sangare like a scout would, but from what I can tell it doesn't look like he's bad on the ball. He's probably better on the ball than Ndidi, and he can put up similar defensive numbers to Ndidi. In this graph here he ranks around players like Guendouzi, Roca, Locatelli and Bennacer, who most people would class as deep-lying playmakers:

[​IMG]

I've also seen examples of him dribble past people that were reminiscent of the way Diaby used to, when his close control was exceptional for someone with such long legs.

Plus he's about 4-5 years further back in his development than Partey and available for about a third of the price. So there's every chance someone like Sangare is the Partey of tomorrow.

15. Burt Gold

Burt Gold Member

Guendouzi is a 21 yr old french national team capped player. He may have some problems but surely the likes of Simeone would have to be intrigued. If you can get through to him, and I think someone can, you've got a potentially top player.

16. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

Ffs, you really don't want us to climb out of mediocrity, do you? That's a piss poor window. :lol:

17. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

He would def be a good option and going cheap with him in a mid 3 with buendia and cabellos could work and would not break the bank and we could still spend elsewhere

boonthegoon and dashsnow17 like this.
  18. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

If atmadrid play hard ball, we definitely should look at alternatives like Soumare and Sangare. But in that case I want us to invest on an established creative CM. Can't buy all cheaper/younger players who might be a punt.

19. Idiotologue

Idiotologue Well-Known Member

Big fan of Sangaré and I think we should be targeting him but I'm not sufe if he truly counts as a Partey alternative. Partey is at a different level when it comes to advancing the ball. It'd be pretty good if we got both, actually, but I know that's not happening.

20. MutableEarth

His numbers don't look bad here - comparable to Guendouzi who's a pretty decent ball progresser himself.