• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Is Partey Aldi? He's Harrods to me, we just don't know how to buy him, shall we go into our over draft? Max out another credit card? Get him on finance????

Hes definately not Aldi but until we have signed him we cant say anything. It's all rumours and chat. I prefer to judge when hes holding the shirt. And over the past years we have overpaid for second rate players.

People saying theres no money around or whatever. Sp**s are about to buy Hojbjerg for 25m. Not trying to sign him for 15m. Not messing around. They identified him. Made the offer Soton wanted and they will sign him.

Easy. Thomas has a 45m release clause. Pay the clause. If a club like Arsenal cant raise 45m then we may as well go into the championship.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
One day since transfer window opens -

"We are taking so long and shopping in Aldi."

After an initial offer for Partey before we know if we are in Europe gets made.

You're worse than me @14Henry

We arent shopping in Aldi, if we need to wait until after the CL to get the deal done then you wait. A lot of deals won't be done until teams CL campaigns are finished.

Reactions: roz

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Hes definately not Aldi but until we have signed him we cant say anything. It's all rumours and chat. I prefer to judge when hes holding the shirt. And over the past years we have overpaid for second rate players.

People saying theres no money around or whatever. Sp**s are about to buy Hojbjerg for 25m. Not trying to sign him for 15m. Not messing around. They identified him. Made the offer Soton wanted and they will sign him.

Easy. Thomas has a 45m release clause. Pay the clause. If a club like Arsenal cant raise 45m then we may as well go into the championship.

Well I mean it's clear now we've made our first bid, few reliable reports suggesting that. But it's really as easy just paying the release clause especially for Arsenal, we have never really operated that way.

The fact release clauses are paid up front means in my opinion we'll either see if they accept another player + cash deal, or if we really do have the money we'll pay over his release clause and do a normal transfer.

The mere fact we've even bid suggests to me Partey wants to join us, and we will eventually arrive at a price point Atletico will accept.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@14Henry Sp**s are probably paying an up front payment of 5m for Hojberg. We would have to pay the whole 50m up front for Partey. That's something we cannot do. Especially until we know if we are in europe or not.

What part of this do you not get. You bang on about the importance of the fa Cup for funds but expect us to activate a 50m release clause right now?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We definitely all agree we need both but like I said if you make me choose one it's creative midfielder without a doubt. We have pivot players, one interesting, talented, but green one in Guendouzi, and one mediocre option in Xhaka (not counting in Torreira, he's not good enough). We don't have any creative midfielder, or anyone of working in between the lines. It's just quite clearly our #1 need.

I was enthused by what I saw of Arteta's experiments early on with Guendouzi as a 6, I really think he could fashion a very interesting player there with some vision and patience. In the right tactical set-up, with the proper coaching and maturity from Guendouzi, we can definitely have a viable midfield of Guendouzi-Ceballos-creative midfielder who defends more than Özil (Buendía fits this description). Guendouzi is not unathletic as people are weirdly making him out, Ceballos is a decent defender, and in general you're just not talking about a midfield any less powerful or athletic than successful Guardiola midfields of the past (Alonso-Thiago-Vidal or Alonso-Schweinsteigger-Gotze) or present (Rodri-Gundogan-De Bruyne or Rodri-De Bruyne-Silva), which we assume is the idea Arteta wants to move toward, something more like Pep's possession-based, pressing, juego de posición, though we don't really know what Arteta's idea is for sure at the moment.

It's also worth noting some of the concerns raised by Ted Knutson in this thread.
While I think his year to year trend has more to do with Atléti's than Thomas, ie, I think he's a better passer than that radar suggests, I think people need to be careful in assuming we are surely getting a world class player in him who solves all our problems there. Basically, there is risk in any decision--keeping Guendouzi, developing him as a 6 with a cheaper option alongside him comes with risk that Guendouzi can't defend even with proper coaching, etc.--but buying Partey for 25m on a high wage (only way there's any realism to this transfer, if there is any at all) and swapping Guendouzi at the bottom of his value is just not an intelligent analysis of risk any way you look at it.

Guendouzi is toast, he's been rude to the manager and not apologised. Did you factor in to your risk analysis that if his petulance is allowed then Arteta looks weak and loses the dressing room?

I don't know if Partey is the answer but Guendouzi has to go

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I've obviously not watched Sangare like a scout would, but from what I can tell it doesn't look like he's bad on the ball. He's probably better on the ball than Ndidi, and he can put up similar defensive numbers to Ndidi. In this graph here he ranks around players like Guendouzi, Roca, Locatelli and Bennacer, who most people would class as deep-lying playmakers:

EdZ2LcyXgAABrTu

I've also seen examples of him dribble past people that were reminiscent of the way Diaby used to, when his close control was exceptional for someone with such long legs.

Plus he's about 4-5 years further back in his development than Partey and available for about a third of the price. So there's every chance someone like Sangare is the Partey of tomorrow.
Interesting graph. I quite like what I saw from Laimer on YouTube and the write-ups on him I've read. Apparently works very well in Leipzig's press and can play out from under pressure. Seems to be more of a dynamic 6 than a b2b 8, though. I wonder if he's available.

If I look at this graph I'm even more bummed that we missed out on Nkunku. Would've been great for us. Roca also comes out surprisingly well.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why is everything getting annoyed with us negotiating? I would be more pissed if we just threw money at them without trying to get a better deal.

We’re not an oil club, an extra 5-10M on a deal actually matters. If we can get rid of a few unwanted players in the deal then even better.

Reactions: roz

Goonger

Why is everything getting annoyed with us negotiating? I would be more pissed if we just threw money at them without trying to get a better deal.

We’re not an oil club, an extra 5-10M on a deal actually matters. If we can get rid of a few unwanted players in the deal then even better.

7 weeks to go until the season starts, still a cup final to play, Atletico still got Champions League to play, and yet people are losing their sh!t about an opening bid!

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

If we could/would trigger the rc, would that mean Partey would come right away and not play CL for Atleti? Pending personal contract, medical etc ofc

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

If we could/would trigger the rc, would that mean Partey would come right away and not play CL for Atleti? Pending personal contract, medical etc ofc

He’s injured anyway so probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom