• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Not too sure if Arteta will feel comfortable with Xhaka at the base of that midfield 3 (I know I wouldn't).

I'm sure the whole idea of moving to 3 at the back was to add defensive stability to a team devoid of defensive competence and confidence. It was also the reason for bringing Ceballos a bit further back and playing him in an unfamiliar role to one he prefers to play. In order for the midfield to become more defensively stable we've had to sacrifice a player.

I think that bringing Partey in, who has the ability to do what Xhaka - Ceballos are doing by himself, gives the more attacking players in the squad a chance to play more risky football, without that fear factor we saw during and after the Emery era, getting countered at will.

I seem to remember this from Wenger's last years too. I have wanted a bit faster midfielder(s) for a long time.

sykesy69

I seem to remember this from Wenger's last years too. I have wanted a bit faster midfielder(s) for a long time.
100% I was gonna mention the Wenger era but didn't want to make the post too bloated. I always thought that was due to both full backs getting caught attacking at the same, as well as having no adequate midfield shield.

Zaza

Looking like this will only happen if ELNENY leaves.
Aouar is going to happen but we'll need one more midfielder to leave.
ELNENY had a good community shield game and was impressive again against Fulham.
However we should be doing much better if we want to at least push for top 4.
Spuds signing Bale has me all worried I won't lie.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Looking like this will only happen if ELNENY leaves.
Aouar is going to happen but we'll need one more midfielder to leave.
ELNENY had a good community shield game and was impressive again against Fulham.
However we should be doing much better if we want to at least push for top 4.
Spuds signing Bale has me all worried I won't lie.

No need for Elneny to leave. Xhaka, Ceballos, Aouar, Partey and Elneny should be our midfield options. Elneny does not destroy squad harmony being an option. Only Ceballos would actually kick up a fuss.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hmmm doesn't fill me with confidence I don't think.

It's funny because signing both Aouar and Partey our net spend wouldn't even be that much yet sign them and we have an absolute top top midfield.

I think we are commiting our time to Aouar as it will require negotiation. If Partey happens, it will be late in the window and will happen really quickly imo.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I think we are commiting our time to Aouar as it will require negotiation. If Partey happens, it will be late in the window and will happen really quickly imo.

I've thought that before, that we're sat with Partey money and now raising funds and getting rid of players to try for Aouar, but it'd would incredible I don't think it'll happen.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Its not necessarily a quick process paying the release clause though. You have to pay a representative for Partey the 50M, then meet with La Liga so the rep transfers the money to them.

It can be quite a long saga, in their Amazon documentary it was really touch and go whether Man City would get Laporte over the line in time.

Bayern Munich buying Javi Martinez went down to the wire and Utd didn’t have enough time to get Ander Herrera done in 2013.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Hmmm doesn't fill me with confidence I don't think.

It's funny because signing both Aouar and Partey our net spend wouldn't even be that much yet sign them and we have an absolute top top midfield.

Yeah if the club are going for this Icelandic keeper and Aouar then they're confident in getting rid of at least 3 Non HG players. Which you'd like to think are Sokratis, Torreira and Kolasinac. Last resort would be terminating Sok's contract.

Even if we kept AMN and Bellerin but sold the "dross" for £50-60M our net spend would only be around £60M after signing Gabriel, Partey, Aouar, Runarrsson and Willian. Which is nuts.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Its not necessarily a quick process paying the release clause though. You have to pay a representative for Partey the 50M, then meet with La Liga so the rep transfers the money to them.

It can be quite a long saga, in their Amazon documentary it was really touch and go whether Man City would get Laporte over the line in time.

Bayern Munich buying Javi Martinez went down to the wire and Utd didn’t have enough time to get Ander Herrera done in 2013.

Fair enough, but I still assume it would be a less time consuming process then having to negotiate a big transfer fee?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Well I remember correctly, United were negotiating with swindlers, as long as we stay in contact with the right people we should be ok.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I've thought that before, that we're sat with Partey money and now raising funds and getting rid of players to try for Aouar, but it'd would incredible I don't think it'll happen.

Yeah I get you, wev'e been down this road before. I just hope that the board can see what the other clubs are doing and realise how far behind we are, and sanction both deals (im being very naive I know).

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Fair enough, but I still assume it would be a less time consuming process then having to negotiate a big transfer fee?

I think it’s more time consuming because you end up involving multiple banks, lawyers, agents and representatives so there’s a mountain of paperwork it seems like as well as various legalities.

Having the money go through four different parties rather than simply buyer to seller makes it more complicated.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We aren't stupid enough to wait until there's 24 hours left to activate the clause. If its done it'll be done in the final 5 days at a bare minimum.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Oh, can't say I realised this. Is it dumb to suggest that we could already be a few steps into the process because we know we'll pay it regardless to make things quicker or nah?

I just wanna believe A+P.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I don’t think he’s being left because we know it’s easier to buy him, it’s more that they thought they’d be losing Torreira, Elneny and Guendouzi and at the minute it looks more than likely two of those stay. If Guendouzi goes I could see them going back for Partey but otherwise I think this goes nowhere. Maybe they go back to Atletico before the end and offer Guendouzi and a bit more money, who knows.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I don’t think he’s being left because we know it’s easier to buy him, it’s more that they thought they’d be losing Torreira, Elneny and Guendouzi and at the minute it looks more than likely two of those stay. If Guendouzi goes I could see them going back for Partey but otherwise I think this goes nowhere. Maybe they go back to Atletico before the end and offer Guendouzi and a bit more money, who knows.

Ceballos
Xhaka
Aouar
Elneny
Guendouzi
Willock
Partey

I still think two of Elneny, Douzi and Willock go this window. Willock would be a loan of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom