• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If you watched the Amazon Prime series about Man City, you could see how complicated it can be to pay a RC in Spain especially during a weekend. Man City did it for Laporte and it was really tight to get the payment over to LaLiga offices/bank.

Hard to believe we'll be able to finalize Aouar, sell/loan 4 NHG players and get Partey within 3 days...

I did watch that but that was a quick fire decision on Laporte. It wasn't a deal that City were looking at for months and they had 0 preparation to get it done.

If we indicated that we were activating the clause sunday evening the deal could be done within the next 24 hours through Monday.

Makavelii

Its happening, reason why they are haggling so much over Aouar & not to simply give Lyon the extra €10m is to leave as much as possible in case we need to trigger Partey's releases clause.

So you’re reasoning is that we wouldn’t haggle over a measly 10 million euros unless we planned on spending it on Partey... Like that’s the only possible explanation.
giphy.gif

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

As soon as Aouar is done we get Partey, can’t show Aulas we have more cash before finishing the deal or he’ll start a twitter war again!

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
We are bidding 35-45M for a player without making any additional sales to Martinez. There's clearly money to spend.

Kola and Mustafi will likely raise money. So maybe we are spending an additional 30-40 million (if you include Gabriel and Pepe staged payment) if its all up front (which we don't know) but will we spend 80-90 million? We didn't get close to this last summer pre COVID.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Going to go out on a limb and say if there’s not big news by end of tomorrow it’s not happening.

After today there’s two working days left for Spanish banks and they shut at 2:30. It’s what’s held up other clubs paying La Liga release clauses because there’s God knows how many money transfers involved.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Going to go out on a limb and say if there’s not big news by end of tomorrow it’s not happening.

After today there’s two working days left for Spanish banks and they shut at 2:30. It’s what’s held up other clubs paying La Liga release clauses because there’s God knows how many money transfers involved.
yeah we can't leave it late or we'll make same Manutd mistakes with Herrera.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

This would also imply that big news for Aouar would have to come before that, no ?

Paying Partey's release clause before getting the deal for Aouar over the line sounds dangerous with Aulas.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Bayern shouldn’t really have been allowed to sign Javi Martinez iirc as that was well after the deadline.

Also City almost didn’t make it with Laporte.
so if we somehow activate the Partey release clause early Monday we won't have much time left to complete the deal? seeing the english window close at 5pm in Monday.

I think we should have know by now the A.Madrid view won't change and Partey not pushing the move if we want to activate his clause we should do it today.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Agreed. The only way it goes to Mon is if we end up doing a cash + Torreira deal. I know Atletico say they wont do that but anything can happen.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This would also imply that big news for Aouar would have to come before that, no ?

Paying Partey's release clause before getting the deal for Aouar over the line sounds dangerous with Aulas.

Really Aouar needs wrapping up pronto. Not announced but he needs to be a bit closer than still training with the first team.

If we make a breakthrough tonight and doesn’t train tomorrow then Aulas really can’t pull out of the deal.

Gives you about 12 banking hours to get everything in place for Partey before the deadline and can work on any more outgoings over the weekend.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

so if we somehow activate the Partey release clause early Monday we won't have much time left to complete the deal? seeing the english window close at 5pm in Monday.

I think we should have know by now the A.Madrid view won't change and Partey not pushing the move if we want to activate his clause we should do it today.

It’s because to “activate the clause” we don’t really pay Atletico.

We give a lawyer representing Thomas the money, then we have a meeting with him and La Liga where they’ll decide if they’re happy with everything.

Payment goes to La Liga I believe then Atletico and you’re finally over the line. The problem is if we pay his representative at 8:30am when the banks open in Spain we have until 2pm to get through the league meeting and then make two different transfers before the banks shut and you’re done.

I know clubs speed things up around the deadline but it’s such a complicated way of getting things done it takes that bit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom