• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It’s because to “activate the clause” we don’t really pay Atletico.

We give a lawyer representing Thomas the money, then we have a meeting with him and La Liga where they’ll decide if they’re happy with everything.

Payment goes to La Liga I believe then Atletico and you’re finally over the line. The problem is if we pay his representative at 8:30am when the banks open in Spain we have until 2pm to get through the league meeting and then make two different transfers before the banks shut and you’re done.

I know clubs speed things up around the deadline but it’s such a complicated way of getting things done it takes that bit longer.
Yes it's very complicated it look like you buying the president son not football player. :lol:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
It’s because to “activate the clause” we don’t really pay Atletico.

We give a lawyer representing Thomas the money, then we have a meeting with him and La Liga where they’ll decide if they’re happy with everything.

Payment goes to La Liga I believe then Atletico and you’re finally over the line. The problem is if we pay his representative at 8:30am when the banks open in Spain we have until 2pm to get through the league meeting and then make two different transfers before the banks shut and you’re done.

I know clubs speed things up around the deadline but it’s such a complicated way of getting things done it takes that bit longer.

Do you see him extending or waiting until jan/next summer window if this doesn't happen?

I reckon this is not getting done regardless and he takes whatever money Atleti is offering him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Do you see him extending or waiting until jan/next summer window if this doesn't happen?

I reckon this is not getting done regardless and he takes whatever money Atleti is offering him.

Hard to say. If he stays he’s got a long contract so there’s no incentive to renew and it’s doubtful how much money the club has for it anyway.

He clearly wants to move just because like Zaha he’s stuck on a deal far below what he could get elsewhere through his prime years.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@Rex Banter is right, if it happens on deadline day itself I'd be shocked. But at the same time if the club are willing to activate the clause they'll have everything in place and ready to go so it could theoretically happen if you do it in the morning.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

@Rex Banter is right, if it happens on deadline day itself I'd be shocked. But at the same time if the club are willing to activate the clause they'll have everything in place and ready to go so it could theoretically happen if you do it in the morning.

I don’t know how La Liga is doing meetings at the minute with Covid so it is potentially easier than it used to be with having to meet face to face and flying club reps around.

Still the sheer paperwork and the number of people involved for transferring 50M three times with approval needed at each stage is a massive time drain.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I don’t know how La Liga is doing meetings at the minute with Covid so it is potentially easier than it used to be with having to meet face to face and flying club reps around.

Still the sheer paperwork and the number of people involved for transferring 50M three times with approval needed at each stage is a massive time drain.
Do La Liga use those "deal sheets" to buy extra time like PL?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

This was from 5 years ago so things might've changed but I have just found this bit of information on release clauses in Spain...

"If the selling club are okay with allowing the transfer of the player, then they might reach an agreement for an amount slightly over or under the buyout clause, depending on their relationship with the purchasing club. Usually, what then happens is that a sum is reached that is midway between the value of the buyout clause and the amount that would have to be paid if the taxes payable on the buyout clause were also due.

If the transfer is a hostile transfer, i.e the selling club does not want to sell and is forced into it due to the triggering of the buyout clause, it becomes a very different proposition. The selling club may take the stance that if it is an unwelcome bid, they will force the legal application of the clause. The legal application of the clause creates a very different price."

Not sure if tax is still applicable to release clauses in Spain. But quite interesting. The same article also states that these deals cannot be done on deadline day. So much time is needed for the legal and tax frameworks its virtually impossible to do.

Same article also said -

"Successful navigation of this system can be seen in the way that Bayern Munich were able to secure the signature of Javi Martinez from Bilbao in 2012, which was a patient, nearly month-long approach to ensure that all the formalities were adhered to."

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I wonder if Atletico would accept a loan with obligation, £50m all in one go next summer and a decent loan fee this summer?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Do La Liga use those "deal sheets" to buy extra time like PL?

Off the top of my head I think so but it’s not so much the 5pm deadline for us it’s more the 2:30 bank closing because once that happens you can’t physically make the bank transfers. In the City doc their lawyers are panicking because there’s not much time to arrange the meeting with the league and get the money sent for Laporte.

I think if we get payments done before that time we’re fine. I remember there was some controversy when Bayern signed Javi Martinez because they thought Bilbao were stalling and not picking up the phone and getting the lawyers to drag their heels.

I think Rummenigge had to get the league involved because their president wouldn’t go to meetings to accept their payment for over two weeks and wouldn’t get involved in any of the tax or legal documentation :lol:

This was from 5 years ago so things might've changed but I have just found this bit of information on release clauses in Spain...

"If the selling club are okay with allowing the transfer of the player, then they might reach an agreement for an amount slightly over or under the buyout clause, depending on their relationship with the purchasing club. Usually, what then happens is that a sum is reached that is midway between the value of the buyout clause and the amount that would have to be paid if the taxes payable on the buyout clause were also due.

If the transfer is a hostile transfer, i.e the selling club does not want to sell and is forced into it due to the triggering of the buyout clause, it becomes a very different proposition. The selling club may take the stance that if it is an unwelcome bid, they will force the legal application of the clause. The legal application of the clause creates a very different price."

Not sure if tax is still applicable to release clauses in Spain. But quite interesting. The same article also states that these deals cannot be done on deadline day. So much time is needed for the legal and tax frameworks its virtually impossible to do.

Same article also said -

"Successful navigation of this system can be seen in the way that Bayern Munich were able to secure the signature of Javi Martinez from Bilbao in 2012, which was a patient, nearly month-long approach to ensure that all the formalities were adhered to."

Yeah exactly so this is a hostile application of the clause seen as they’re probably not going to accept any offer we make unless we have to.

You do wonder if we’ve built up any goodwill whether that gives us any leeway but I’m doubtful.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Off the top of my head I think so but it’s not so much the 5pm deadline for us it’s more the 2:30 bank closing because once that happens you can’t physically make the bank transfers. In the City doc their lawyers are panicking because there’s not much time to arrange the meeting with the league and get the money sent for Laporte.

I think if we get payments done before that time we’re fine. I remember there was some controversy when Bayern signed Javi Martinez because they thought Bilbao were stalling and not picking up the phone and getting the lawyers to drag their heels.

I think Rummenigge had to get the league involved because their president wouldn’t go to meetings to accept their payment for over two weeks and wouldn’t get involved in any of the tax or legal documentation :lol:

Yeah exactly so this is a hostile application of the clause seen as they’re probably not going to accept any offer we make unless we have to.

You do wonder if we’ve built up any goodwill whether that gives us any leeway but I’m doubtful.

At the same time do you remember the Rodrigo to City deal?

https://en.atleticodemadrid.com/not...odrigo-s-buyout-clause-at-laliga-headquarters

Clause was bought out on the 3rd of July...

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-...city-sign-rodri-transfer-news-atletico-madrid

Player officially signed on the 4th of July...

City did a lot of groundwork prior to that deal, they were linked for a while IIRC. So I guess you can work things out if you really want to.

Cities interest was back in April. So they had 2 months to sort things out and lay down the groundwork.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...t-interested-in-bidding-war-for-atletico-star

Basically... i've made myself believe wee are signing Partey on deadline day.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Apologies for the non-story bump folks.

We need this player, for me personally the most important signing we make for a while.

Please Arsenal, get this one done.
You're allowed one non-story bump.

Sincerly,
AM Mod Team

P.S. Happy Belated Birthday!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

So you'll be shocked if it happens on deadline day, unless it happens in the morning, on deadline day! :)

Preacher

Always Crying
We didnt save Zaha from captivity last year. Lets hope that with Partey it will be difference case. We need to do more good deeds and save at least someone:lol:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Hope sending them Torreira on loan with little to no value for us is goodwill!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom