Thomas Partey

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Troopz, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Next Raul will be paying off what's left of our stadium debt from his own pocket.

truth_hurts likes this.
  2. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Call me old-fashioned but buying players with money loaned from a "well-known financing company with links to Jorge Mendes" doesn't fill me with confidence.

3. dashsnow17

We should be buying players the way we've always done: with money found down the back of Sir Chips' sofa.

4. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

@say yes

5. Burt Gold

Burt Gold Member

I do like Partey but I just don't see him as a 50 mil player. Which I know is difficult to say because our midfield has need a player like him with his power probably since Vieira, I'm just not wholey convinced he is as good as most are hoping he'd be.

For instance, to me Ndidi is a much better player. I would targer Rabiot for around 20-25 mil over Partey even.

6. Oxeki

Oxeki New Thread Merchant

Looks dodgy as hell

Rex Banter likes this.
  7. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Partey is much more technically proficient than Ndidi. Also, £50m for Partey is standard procedure for a quality player in this market. Leicester would tell us Ndidi is not for sale unless we offer stupid money, maybe 65+. They simply don’t need to sell him.

MutableEarth likes this.
  8. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

This AFCBell fella is really changing the ITK game

krengon likes this.
  9. Burt Gold

Burt Gold Member

For sure he is worth more and isn't for sale or in our price range if he was. I'm just saying that I don't expect Partey to have the type of impact Ndidi has at Leicester.

Partey is a good player but what is he great at?

If we do get him, I'd be happy I just have never seen him as a 50 mil player. As I said Rabiot is worth 25 and just as good if not better.

10. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

We sold our soul and values once we sold to Kroenke. Raul's dodgy ways brought titles and 222m for one man in particular. I really do hope we capitalize on these uncertain times.

11. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Post-invincibles Wenger logic.

A player's value is whatever the highest bidding suitor is prepared to pay for them.

12. jmsmtthw28

jmsmtthw28 Well-Known Member Trusted

13. dashsnow17

14. jmsmtthw28

jmsmtthw28 Well-Known Member Trusted

hmmm its not for me, I guess I will add it here

They also take about difference in tactics between Arteta and Simeone and how Thomas will need to adapt to get used to our way of pressing.

15. dashsnow17

Interesting. The assumption has been that if he came here he'd be paired with Xhaka, and I understand that. Xhaka is still (unfortunately) our best passer from deep. I wonder though how Partey would do next to Guendouzi. It would be such a mobile pairing, they both have high stamina and cover a lot of ground. Could be very effective.

16. Red London

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    @dashsnow17 This was on the page too, interesting comparison of their strengths and weaknesses. Shows that on paper Torreira is the best partner balance wise, but the stats also show how limited Torreira is in terms of progressing the ball / playing the ball forward.

dashsnow17 likes this.
  17. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Shows how much of a DEFENSIVE midfielder Torreira is.

Camron likes this.
  18. Red London

Yh if you think about it, Xhaka + Partey would be balanced in some ways but we'd be playing 2 CMs. Maybe thats what Arteta wants but neither are a DM thats for sure.

I'd be interested to see somebody like Ndidi's stats, many people have mentioned him but I feel like he'd be limited going forward.

19. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Not good enough on the ball.

Red London likes this.
  20. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Ndidi is Coquelin on steroids. Fantastic ball-winner, amazing at it - doesn't do much else though.

tcahill, Oxeki and Red London like this.