• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burt Gold

Post-invincibles Wenger logic.

A player's value is whatever the highest bidding suitor is prepared to pay for them.
This exists within a marketplace of players and their values. 50m for Partey to me is too high. We are just so desperate for his style of player I think we might be blinded to that. He looks a good player but not sure he's better than the likes of Rabiot at 20m.

Burt Gold

Ndidi is Coquelin on steroids. Fantastic ball-winner, amazing at it - doesn't do much else though.
I think he is more Kante-esque which is to say he is actually better than he's given credit for on the ball. Leiceister play a counter attacking game so his passing stats are slightly lower. In a possession team I think he'd be just fine, much like Kante when he switched to Chelsea.

That said he's out of our price range.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I think he is more Kante-esque which is to say he is actually better than he's given credit for on the ball. Leiceister play a counter attacking game so his passing stats are slightly lower. In a possession team I think he'd be just fine, much like Kante when he switched to Chelsea.

That said he's out of our price range.
I don't really agree. Someone shared his stats here and the passes are primarily sideways with barely any progressive runs. Kanye has much more in his locker.

Burt Gold

I don't really agree. Someone shared his stats here and the passes are primarily sideways with barely any progressive runs. Kanye has much more in his locker.
Kante's season at Leicester he averaged 39 passes a game at 81.6%
The next yr he went to Chelsea and ave 60 passes a game at 88%

Ndidi this year averaged 50 passes a game at 84% this yr

Partey this year averaged 49 passes a game at 83% in a possession side

In terms of eye test I think Ndidi has a good range of passing as well. When he goes to a possession team I think you'll see his completion % around 90. Even if he is not an incisive passer he is very good at moving the ball and world class at breaking up play.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

For me it’s reached a point where I see Partey as a dream signing and would be really happy if it was the only business we got done, but also extremely disappointed if we didn’t get him.

Feels like the whole success of the summer window is dependent on him

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
For me it’s reached a point where I see Partey as a dream signing and would be really happy if it was the only business we got done, but also extremely disappointed if we didn’t get him.

Feels like the whole success of the summer window is dependent on him

He'd be great, but we should prepare to be disappointed. In the current climate there's absolutely no way we could afford to just pay his release clause. Only way I can see a deal happening would be to do a swap with Lacazette.

Who knows how bad our financial situation could be, maybe the best we can hope for is to keep what we have and add a cheap prospect or two.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

He'd be great, but we should prepare to be disappointed. In the current climate there's absolutely no way we could afford to just pay his release clause. Only way I can see a deal happening would be to do a swap with Lacazette.

Who knows how bad our financial situation could be, maybe the best we can hope for is to keep what we have and add a cheap prospect or two.

I think the fact the season is likely to be complete will help, but yeah no one knows the fund situation, but again if we can only make 1 transfer I'd hope this is it.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

**** OFF! Knew it was agent bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom