• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
**** OFF! Knew it was agent bollocks.

giphy.gif

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Why don't we just find the next Partey. We need to be a bit more like the likes of Leicester, Dortmund and Leipzig in the transfer market. They wouldn't spend all summer chasing Partey, they'd buy someone for 15m and turn him into a Partey.

We were linked recently to Ibrahima Diallo for example, who's been compared to Kante. Leicester have also been heavily linked, as have Monchi's Sevilla. When clubs like that are sniffing around it's usually a smart deal. Konrad Laimer at Leipzig is another name, he's very good and performs a similar role to Partey but he's not as well-known.

It's a simple idea but it's worth repeating - the only way we'll get back to the top is with a good coach, a fixed style of play, and a transfer policy of recruiting young and cheap players who develop into stars.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why don't we just find the next Partey. We need to be a bit more like the likes of Leicester, Dortmund and Leipzig in the transfer market. They wouldn't spend all summer chasing Partey, they'd buy someone for 15m and turn him into a Partey.

We were linked recently to Ibrahima Diallo for example, who's been compared to Kante. Leicester have also been heavily linked, as have Monchi's Sevilla. When clubs like that are sniffing around it's usually a smart deal.

It's a simple idea but it's worth repeating - the only way we'll get back to the top is with a good coach, a fixed style of play, and a transfer policy of recruiting young and cheap players who develop into stars.
Does this club have a model or the infrastructure? I mean we’re signing Guendouzi but we’re signing Pepe, Luiz, Sokratis too, and paying good prices for Tierney and Torreira etc. Seems all very random.

Then the infrastructure, do we have the scouting team to spot the next big thing?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Does this club have a model or the infrastructure? I mean we’re signing Guendouzi but we’re signing Pepe, Luiz, Sokratis too, and paying good prices for Tierney and Torreira etc. Seems all very random.

Then the infrastructure, do we have the scouting team to spot the next big thing?
I think they’ve been tryna stay relevant in the present while looking toward the future. Most of our signings have been in the 19-25 age range tbh.

If we keep our young players our future should be good, but our squad is utter **** right now. That’s the issue.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think they’ve been tryna stay relevant in the present while looking toward the future. Most of our signings have been in the 19-25 age range tbh.

If we keep our young players our future should be good, but our squad is utter **** right now. That’s the issue.

A lot of the squad is breaking up soon, Luiz, Sok, Mustafi, Özil, Auba all out of contract next summer. Others might leave if they want to move on like Kolasinac, Chambers, Holding etc.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
A lot of the squad is breaking up soon, Luiz, Sok, Mustafi, Özil, Auba all out of contract next summer. Others might leave if they want to move on like Kolasinac, Chambers, Holding etc.
Yeh I was looking forward to this summer as I was expecting Arteta to begin clearing out some dross. I’m sure he’s more adamant of what he wants and what he doesn’t want than Emery was.

Unfortunately the covid issues may affect business, hopefully not too much. If we wanna make signings we gotta clear out a few 5-10m players on high wages

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

Yeah I think we do. People overlook it but we've made lots of good young buys recently, I'd put Guendouzi, Saliba, Pepe, Tierney and Torreira all in the category of good scouting, plus Martinelli of course. Ok Pepe was very expensive, but that was at the peak of the market. Tierney and Torreira haven't been unqualified successes so far, but they're still excellent young players who we did very well to buy.

It's just the likes of Sokratis, deals for Mkhitaryan etc, this sort of thing that needs to stop. But yeah obviously we have good scouts, there's no reason why we can't buy more good young players. After next summer when a lot of the older players' contracts end our squad could consist almost entirely of good young players.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yeah I think we do. People overlook it but we've made lots of good young buys recently, I'd put Guendouzi, Saliba, Pepe, Tierney and Torreira all in the category of good scouting, plus Martinelli of course. Ok Pepe was very expensive, but that was at the peak of the market. Tierney and Torreira haven't been unqualified successes so far, but they're still excellent young players who we did very well to buy.

It's just the likes of Sokratis, deals for Mkhitaryan etc, this sort of thing that needs to stop. But yeah obviously we have good scouts, there's no reason why we can't buy more good young players. After next summer when a lot of the older players' contracts end our squad could consist almost entirely of good young players.
I agree. However the Mkhy deal was done by Gazidis. I’d say the only thing the new board haven’t done the best is signing a serious CB. So far we have signed two stop gaps and one future talent, but no actual serious CB who you slap into the team and expect to become an asset to the side immediately.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

We were linked recently to Ibrahima Diallo for example, who's been compared to Kante. Leicester have also been heavily linked, as have Monchi's Sevilla. When clubs like that are sniffing around it's usually a smart deal. Konrad Laimer at Leipzig is another name, he's very good and performs a similar role to Partey but he's not as well-known.

If I was the head of recruitment I would simply just buy the next Vieira.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Although I like finding the next player at a younger age and for a lower fee, I think the age profile of our squad is messed up. We need to consider age and nationality.

We have young players such as Martinelli, Saka and Nelson in the 17- 23 range. The next two ranges is where we have problems. Our promising players range of 24- 26 is non existant. Its basically just Pepe and Bellerin. Our peak range has only Leno with the required ability. Our experienced players are all underperformers apart from Auba.

So while I would love a Sangare, he is still developing and in midfield you need that character and experience as well as centre back. Partey is at his peak and has a good 4 years in him. So it would be wise to bring him in if we could and pair him with someone younger.

You also need to take nationality into account. We can't have too many African players as core members of our team regardless of squad strength. AFCON messes up your season.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Although I like finding the next player at a younger age and for a lower fee, I think the age profile of our squad is messed up. We need to consider age and nationality.

We have young players such as Martinelli, Saka and Nelson in the 17- 23 range. The next two ranges is where we have problems. Our promising players range of 24- 26 is non existant. Its basically just Pepe and Bellerin. Our peak range has only Leno with the required ability. Our experienced players are all underperformers apart from Auba.

So while I would love a Sangare, he is still developing and in midfield you need that character and experience as well as centre back. Partey is at his peak and has a good 4 years in him. So it would be wise to bring him in if we could and pair him with someone younger.

You also need to take nationality into account. We can't have too many African players as core members of our team regardless of squad strength. AFCON messes up your season.

Torreira is 24, I'd put him in that second category you mentioned. Also you just argued both for and against Partey. For him based on his age and against based on his nationality. Are you for or against?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom