• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Only so much we can do per window I guess. Özil will do a somewhat decent job until his contract expires next summer and then we can go and prioritise that position next summer.

I suppose it’s quite clever financially too, so that we don’t have a £350k a week player rotting on the bench.

If we were to sign a creative player I wouldn’t mind someone like Grealish, but that’s if he can play as a No.10 in our system. He can certainly do a job at LW.

I'm ever the optimist with Özil, he's a sublime player. But the tap has been turned off for quite a while now, and I hold out no hope of him turning it back on again. But yeah you're right, if we can't sell him this summer (and i doubt we could) then it makes more sense to play him than treat him the way Emery did. Maybe if he's playing every week his form picks up a bit.

Anyhow we should at least be identifying targets for the attacking midfield position.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Partey - Xhaka can work with Özil, ESR ahead of them. Its not perfect but its a lot more balanced compared to what we have had in midfield for years.

I still dont know how true this rumour is, when you consider we are asking players to take a wage cut, firing scouts and reporting losses. I'm hoping we will atleast get this done but I feel it will be a very quiet window for us when it comes to transfers (incoming).

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Patricia Cazon looking like the next Jeinny. I’m excited.
Since y’all didn’t believe me and like the post...
VSnWuOUG_400x400.jpg

sykesy69

So say for optimism's sake that we get Partey aye, and we pair him presumably with either Xhaka, Torreira or Guendouzi, we no doubt have a better midfield. But we still haven't solved the problem of a lack of creativity. Unless Özil suddenly starts playing like he did 5 years ago, we're missing someone who can create chances. What's the plan there?
Don't we also need a plan for Xhaka's lack of mobility and susquent brain farts too??

benjamin86

Established Member
So say for optimism's sake that we get Partey aye, and we pair him presumably with either Xhaka, Torreira or Guendouzi, we no doubt have a better midfield. But we still haven't solved the problem of a lack of creativity. Unless Özil suddenly starts playing like he did 5 years ago, we're missing someone who can create chances. What's the plan there?
Partey, Buendia with Torreira sitting behind would be interesting.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
This could be off the cards as it seems Saul is on his way out of the club. Has said he will announced his new club this week. Unless it is some marketing ploy and in fact he is opening a new nightclub or is setting up some kind of youth football club or something.

You would think Atletico wouldnt be selling their 2 centre midfielders in one window especially as Saul is likely to go for double what Thomas would go for.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
This could be off the cards as it seems Saul is on his way out of the club. Has said he will announced his new club this week. Unless it is some marketing ploy and in fact he is opening a new nightclub or is setting up some kind of youth football club or something.

You would think Atletico wouldnt be selling their 2 centre midfielders in one window especially as Saul is likely to go for double what Thomas would go for.
Partey has a release clause though so if me meet that and he wants to join there is not much Atletico can do.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Partey has a release clause though so if me meet that and he wants to join there is not much Atletico can do.

Yeah I guess that's true. Though usually those need to be paid outright though which could be a problem. On the other hand it could work in our favour if he think atletico are going down the route of selling their best players.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

It will almost certainly be a publicity stunt for something not transfer related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom