• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Surprised at the relative lack of knowledge about this player, although it probably explains the tolerance of standards like Xhaka. Atleti aren't a small club, and he starts every week in their midfield.

He has everything we need and is perfectly suited to this league. This one's too good to be true IMO.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If they are actually interested in Lacazette then maye we might actually see a part exchange. We'd probably have to add 5-10m but not too much considering Laca has 2 years left.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If they are actually interested in Lacazette then maye we might actually see a part exchange. We'd probably have to add 5-10m but not too much considering Laca has 2 years left.

Personally that is probably our only way of getting ahead of our rivals. Lacazette and as you say 5m or the loan of one of our young players.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Personally that is probably our only way of getting ahead of our rivals. Lacazette and as you say 5m or the loan of one of our young players.
I doubt Athletico need any of our young players on loan :lol: Maybe Martinelli, Saka or Saliba but we need them moe than they do haha

But yeh I agree about getting ahead of the rivals with that. Lacazette would buy us a new CM, and then we'd use the money on replacing Lacazette with maybe Edouard (who we'd target would depend on if both Auba and Laca are going imo)

Bloodbather

Established Member

Thomas Partey would be a phenomenal signing. Wouldn't mind him being the marquee signing of the summer at all. I do think it's highly unlikely though, I never included him in my wish lists because of that. I think Atlético gives him a new deal with a higher release clause.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He was absolutely phenomenal at Anfield. Didn't realise that he was so comfortable on the ball. I think he is out of our league, but I felt the same about Aubameyang and Özil.

This is one signing that would transform us.

Surprised at the relative lack of knowledge about this player, although it probably explains the tolerance of standards like Xhaka. Atleti aren't a small club, and he starts every week in their midfield.

He has everything we need and is perfectly suited to this league. This one's too good to be true IMO.
Why would he come to a team that might not feature in Europe?

This guy, Benrahma, Sangare, Papa Gueye, Max Aarons and Eduard in
Özil, Laca, Torreira, AMN, Martinez out would be fantastic business imo. No chance of happening though.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
This guy, Benrahma, Sangare, Papa Gueye, Max Aarons and Eduard in
Özil, Laca, Torreira, AMN, Martinez out would be fantastic business imo. No chance of happening though.

I think its a pretty good chance. Thomas as a marquee signing and the other wont be too expensive. Torreira and Laca out would be bringing money in and Bournemouth etc would probz be willing to pay 15 får AMN. Martinez can go for a quid for all i care, awful keeper

I think its a pretty good chance. Thomas as a marquee signing and the other wont be too expensive. Torreira and Laca out would be bringing money in and Bournemouth etc would probz be willing to pay 15 får AMN. Martinez can go for a quid for all i care, awful keeper
I agree it's doable because other than Partey, everyone else there could cost between 10m- 30m but there's absolutely no chance due to the variables involved in all those players moving. Also am pretty sure the club isn't interested in at least 3/4 of that list.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Partey is one of the best in Europe in his position. The only other player that we can say that about in our squad is Aubameyang.

Dream signing. He also has the additional bonus of being an extremely competent full back. Selling Xhaka and El Nenny and bringing in Partey would be the best business this club has done in years. You'd have to think Liverpool, Chelsea (Kante replacement), Bayern, Juve and pretty much every big club would find a space for him though.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's become a very good player. When he first broke through at Atleti, he looked like a clueless runner but Simeone has coached him into the tiger that he is. I'd build the MF around him and try to find a balance. Koke and Saul complement him so well and have agility and physicality. That's what we need.

Malky

Established Member
Ah the chances of us actually signing him anyway were pretty slim. Perfect midfielder but we won't compete with United or have £90M to spend on a CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom