• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

That's a good article, but it doesn't really address the fact that we need more goals and assists from midfield. It's not like Aouar currently has hugely impressive creative numbers, but he has the potential for them, whereas Partey doesn't.

I'm beyond caring at this point though. I'd happily take either of them, just need some kinda boost to the squad.

senna

The problem with our midfield is there's no ball carrier who can beat the press or break the lines so we find defensive teams hard to break down as we dont have any space. Aouar and Partey will both help this, Aouar can carry the ball a la KDB and Partey makes us more solid giving the FB's and wingers more license to attack. So even if they dont get the goals & assists you'd expect the g&a to improve from the wingers, FB & AMC's.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
That's a good article, but it doesn't really address the fact that we need more goals and assists from midfield. It's not like Aouar currently has hugely impressive creative numbers, but he has the potential for them, whereas Partey doesn't.

I'm beyond caring at this point though. I'd happily take either of them, just need some kinda boost to the squad.

The key factor with signing Partey is that we can move to a 4231 or 433 and be stable. That in itself leads to more goals due to playing a more attacking formation from the off.

Aouar would be our goal getter from midfield for sure, but the stability from Partey is so important.

D

Dial Square 1886

if we got Aouar for 40-45M then im very confident we can pay the release clause but that depend on Torreira Guendouzi Kola and Mustafi we can't keep adding player they need to go.

I hope so!!

We just need to get those guys out like you say.

Guendo seems the hardest ATM, although in theory he should have suitors?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

So either Atleti is ****ing with us trying to get Torreira on loan and stalling the Torino deal, or we're just letting it be know that we're getting the money via Italy and still going in?

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I have a feeling the Kroenkes will make up any difference if we get to the eleventh hour with this one

need to get some quick loans sorted though, if sales aren't on the cards

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I have a feeling the Kroenkes will make up any difference if we get to the eleventh hour with this one

need to get some quick loans sorted though, if sales aren't on the cards
In other news, pigs are flying over the Emirates Stadium as the world is about to end

Goonger

So either Atleti is ****ing with us trying to get Torreira on loan and stalling the Torino deal, or we're just letting it be know that we're getting the money via Italy and still going in?

Would be brilliant if we were pleading poverty, making them feel all safe & secure, then we just blindside them on the 2nd last day with £45M and a middle finger shouting cheers *****es!

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Would be brilliant if we were pleading poverty, making them feel all safe & secure, then we just blindside them on the 2nd last day with £45M and a middle finger shouting cheers *****es!
If Raul was still here, that'd be the likely scenario. Not sure with Vinai now.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Could quite easily still have a net spend of just the Partey money this summer if all things go to plan.

Send Torreira to Torino with an obligation to buy at £21M. Mustafi to Lazio £9M. Balogun for £8M... still got the chance of Sokratis going for cash and Kola as well.

Incredible if it comes off.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Sadly it just isn't possible to do this deal on deadline day.

Clause has to be activated 48 hours before as a bare minimum. This time next week hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom