• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That's a good article, but it doesn't really address the fact that we need more goals and assists from midfield. It's not like Aouar currently has hugely impressive creative numbers, but he has the potential for them, whereas Partey doesn't.

I'm beyond caring at this point though. I'd happily take either of them, just need some kinda boost to the squad.

We need to rethink the role of a player like Partey.

He had 3rd most possession won in the middle 3rd of the pitch in La Liga last season. That means the players ahead of him have a much higher chance of getting the ball before the opposition is defensively set and creating good quality chances, while preventing them the other end.

Sevilla created more chances v Bayern than almost anyone in the last 12 months not because they have a playmaker, but because they recover possession quickly and transition instantly.

I guess I’m saying there are different ways you can create chances. Ideally you want both.

BIoodBrother

It is most obvious, that we are not looking to get cash (which we do but have to in general) but that we are waiting to see whether theyre gonna take 30-40mill at the end of the window. Not selling the player and letting him go for free at the end of the season is not an option usually.

look at how we panicked with Alexis and tried to sell him last minute and tried to get Lemar for 90mil ffs.

Keeping partey is a horror scenario for Atletico but its not sensible to come out now and say so.
But theyre not gonna get 50mil from anyone if Thiago just went for 30 on a similar deal.

say yes

forum master baiter
It is most obvious, that we are not looking to get cash (which we do but have to in general) but that we are waiting to see whether theyre gonna take 30-40mill at the end of the window. Not selling the player and letting him go for free at the end of the season is not an option usually.

look at how we panicked with Alexis and tried to sell him last minute and tried to get Lemar for 90mil ffs.

Keeping partey is a horror scenario for Atletico but its not sensible to come out now and say so.
Partey’s contract doesn’t expire until 2023.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

He had 3rd most possession won in the middle 3rd of the pitch in La Liga last season. That means the players ahead of him have a much higher chance of getting the ball before the opposition is defensively set and creating good quality chances, while preventing them the other end.

Sevilla created more chances v Bayern than almost anyone in the last 12 months not because they have a playmaker, but because they recover possession quickly and transition instantly.

I guess I’m saying there are different ways you can create chances. Ideally you want both.

That's a good point, but isn't it also true that Atletico really struggled to score goals last season? Obviously there could be lots of different reasons for that and you can't say it's just because they had Partey in midfield, but you can probably say Partey's presence didn't noticeably lead to a high number of creativity and goals scored.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
How do you know that?

Because if you read the tweet you'd see the injured players are listed. Isnt on any injury list from Atletico's recent fitness update. Pictured with his agent yesterday, to me thats pretty telling.

Wouldn't risk him if they knew we were going to pay the clause. One bad injury and youve lost 50M

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That's a good point, but isn't it also true that Atletico really struggled to score goals last season? Obviously there could be lots of different reasons for that and you can't say it's just because they had Partey in midfield, but you can probably say Partey's presence didn't noticeably lead to a high number of creativity and goals scored.

You’re right about this. But in a team with more natural width and liberated full backs it should. Atleti pack midfield, and get their forwards to drop back but when they win the ball there often aren’t enough attacking outlets.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
You’re right about this. But in a team with more natural width and liberated full backs it should. Atleti pack midfield, and get their forwards to drop back but when they win the ball there often aren’t enough attacking outlets.

Yeah I can see how a player like Partey in the right system could lead to a better attack, albeit indirectly. I think it's also fine to say that Partey would lead to fewer goals conceded and that is good enough, because conceding fewer goals is also a legitimate way to win games.

But atm Aouar looks more likely and it would be highly out of character for Arsenal to make two big purchases in one transfer window, so there's a good chance Partey won't come after all.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
He isn’t? We better not be signing a squaddie level player?
He's definitely an important player for them and starts most games but because Simeone plays 4-4-2 there are occasions where Partey gets rotated.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Midfield two of Aouar and Partey could be like the Sven Bender and Gundogan combo Klopp had at Dortmund.

Play the way that you’ve described.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom