• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Partey was an unused sub in the CL quarter final vs RB Leipzig in august. Pretty important game one would think.
He picked up a knock in the league game prior to Leipzig. I guess he wasn't 100% for that game. Should have probably risked him for it in hindsight

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

It is most obvious, that we are not looking to get cash (which we do but have to in general) but that we are waiting to see whether theyre gonna take 30-40mill at the end of the window. Not selling the player and letting him go for free at the end of the season is not an option usually.

look at how we panicked with Alexis and tried to sell him last minute and tried to get Lemar for 90mil ffs.

Keeping partey is a horror scenario for Atletico but its not sensible to come out now and say so.
But theyre not gonna get 50mil from anyone if Thiago just went for 30 on a similar deal.
???????

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I don't mind paying overs for a player if we desperately need him and its not my money, but IMO paying 50 million for Partey in the current market is greater than Pepe level overs. I don't watch a lot of Atletico, seen Partey in a few games, but surely we can get a guy close to Partey's level for a lot less than 50 million particularly given his age.

Makavelii

I don't mind paying overs for a player if we desperately need him and its not my money, but IMO paying 50 million for Partey in the current market is greater than Pepe level overs. I don't watch a lot of Atletico, seen Partey in a few games, but surely we can get a guy close to Partey's level for a lot less than 50 million particularly given his age.
I hate to admit that I agree with this.
His stats aren’t that impressive to justify 50m. Maybe it’s just the way Atletico play, but Auoar has to be the priority.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

I don't want to use Liverpool as a case study for everything, but they paid 75m for a CB and 65m for a GK. At the time both seemed 15 to 20 million too much. I bet nobody associated with the club cares now! 45m is a lot of money for a cm, but it addresses an area of huge need. Again using Liverpool, I doubt they regret spending big on Fabinho.

We should be doing everything to get Partey.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Will be very interesting to see if he plays today. If he doesn`t it obviously doesn`t mean we`ll sign him but would mean that Atletico still expect us to and that they need the money.

Makavelii

I don't want to use Liverpool as a case study for everything, but they paid 75m for a CB and 65m for a GK. At the time both seemed 15 to 20 million too much. I bet nobody associated with the club cares now! 45m is a lot of money for a cm, but it addresses an area of huge need. Again using Liverpool, I doubt they regret spending big on Fabinho.

We should be doing everything to get Partey.
Are we so sure that he’s the answer that we need though? Is he that much of an upgrade on Xhaka & Ceballos?

MikeVinna

Established Member
Are we so sure that he’s the answer that we need though? Is he that much of an upgrade on Xhaka & Ceballos?

I think he’s a great player. Not perfect. But he’s a great ball carrier, has a tidy pass in him and obviously better physical qualities than the players we have.

For me it’s about the type of player he is more so than his quality(even though he’s quality).

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

Well he's not an upgrade over Ceballos for starters. Different kind of players though and I would choose Ceballos ahead of Partey. Partey is most similar to Wanyama and Bakayoko in style and abillity rather than the Vieira & Yaya hybrid that some make him out to be on here.

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think Parteys release clause is a bit above his actual value, and that's understandable. This summer may be a bit of an anomaly with all the financial issues around Covid-19, but in general I don't think we should be worried about paying £5-10m extra for our number 1 target. It's not like Partey's release clause is ridiculously over valuing him.

I'd hate to see us balk at his price and end up buying our 3/4th choice target just because we'd save £10-15m. It's the sort of thing we've done a lot over the past decade or so and it's often come back to haunt us.

Makavelii

Wtf :lol:

He is streets ahead of Xhaka and Ceballos but he is also a completely different player to both of them. Need to watch the guy instead of looking at his stats.

Why? It’s easier to be unbiased when looking at stats. Managers rely heavily on them when making signings.

How many times have we been disappointed in a player after signing them because they have a good highlights reel? (A lot)

Maybe Parteys stats are that way just because of how Atletico play. But it still raises questions.

Makavelii

Well he's not an upgrade over Ceballos for starters. Different kind of players though and I would choose Ceballos ahead of Partey. Partey is most similar to Wanyama and Bakayoko in style and abillity rather than the Vieira & Yaya hybrid that some make him out to be on here.
Agree.

Makavelii

Just had a look at Parteys stats in the champions league. They’re pretty excellent. Starting to come around to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom