• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Anyone who wanted Aouar over partey, how do you see it now ?

We needed both. Although I am not sure about Aouar. He looks like the type that might struggle to adapt. I knew Partey was going to adapt pretty quickly. He has everything you want in a midfielder that plays in the EPL. His game actually fits this league better than La liga. It's sorta the same with Fernando Torres. When he came from Atletico, he fit in so well to the style of the premier league, he looked more dominant for Liverpool in 07/08 than he did in his previous years in Spain.

Impact

Established Member
I don't particularly see the Vieira similarities, Partey is more in the mould of Gilberto Silva.

Either way, it's so refreshing to have an elite central midfield player again. Let's buy him a partner in the summer.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I was just about to post some Ted Knutson tweets slagging off the signing but the bellend has made his tweets private.
ElwktkwXUAILxGv

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Listening to Arsène on Tuesday Club he spoke about Vieira wanting to only move forward with the ball and that's what Partey reminds me of. Just want to go forward and make things happen.
Don’t listen to that but I would if Wenger is on it. Which episode does he appear on?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Favourite moment was when Pogba dispossessed him and he just casually took it back. Loved his confidence there. He just looked completely unfazed :lol:
Like when you get tackled by a year 7 as a year 11 but only because you tried something too fancy or took your eye off the ball.

He took the ball back like he could have any day of the week and twice on Sunday. :lol:

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Partey was my number 1 realistic wishlist signing this summer. Not a lot I can add about the guy. I knew he would be a good to great signing but I expected a short adaption / settling in period....But from the first minute in an Arsenal shirts he's been elite. He's made for the Premier League.

That £45m buy out clause is looking very, very cheap.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
The Partey has officially started. Guest passes for Fred, Pogba and Fernandes as sympathy from their host - Mr. Thomas Partey.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Anyone who wanted Aouar over partey, how do you see it now ?
We should have signed both. I will say this though. In the past, we've had many Aouars and we've been completely rag dolled away from home. I've said this many times but there are many avenues to create without Aouar but physicality and dominance, we needed Partey. Against Leicester it's clear Aouar could have probably saved us a point at the very least but when it comes to winning against the bigger teams I'm picking Partey everyday.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Doesn't Ted's company work for Brentford in the Championship? I wonder how his future employers would trust his judgement for tweeting this rubbish.
The thing about this tweet is that it's blatant attention-seeking but that's not the biggest crime. Some people on this forum wanted to sign Cellabos over Partey. I won't name names but I hope they feel embarrassed.

Reactions: A_G

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don't particularly see the Vieira similarities, Partey is more in the mould of Gilberto Silva.

Either way, it's so refreshing to have an elite central midfield player again. Let's buy him a partner in the summer.
I think the similarity is he always wants to go forward like Patrick did. He has the awareness and initiative to see the space and stride into it like Paddy used to. He's not afraid to run with it. Also, for me, I like how he has ways of getting the ball around with chips and little lofted passes like Paddy.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Doesn't Ted's company work for Brentford in the Championship? I wonder how his future employers would trust his judgement for tweeting this rubbish.
The thing about this tweet is that it's blatant attention-seeking but that's not the biggest crime. Some people on this forum wanted to sign Cellabos over Partey. I won't name names but I hope they feel embarrassed.

I just don't see it with Ceballos and Xhaka. Ceballos has decent technique on the ball, but he is so slow and weak. He holds on to the ball too long at times. I don't think it would be a good idea to resign him after his loan. We need to find two midfielders to help Partey out. One creative mid and another CM that can pass, good under pressure and sound positioning. El neny has been good, but he is still best used as a squad option.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The comparison with Viera its because we never had someone could bully carry the ball dribble intercepts can shot from distance be active in final 3rd like him before maybe injury free Diaby could do that. Partey did all that today and with ease these kind of midfielders make difference in big games i mean hell real madrid and barca fans were celebrating when Partey gone from A.Madrid :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom