• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta has the tools now to play 433 the midfield of Xhaka Ceballos Partey is great and somehow balanced we can change is depend on games we play but it's the most balanced midfield since maybe Arteta Cazorla Özil.

Partey will add the missing strength and power we missed all these years him and Xhaka won't get bullied in middle of the pitch Xhaka will be more comfortable playing his game Ceballos will have tools to spend most of game forward.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
6/10 window for me, Gabriel, Thomas, and Willian are all fantastic to good signings--Gabriel looks like the best signing we've made since Santi, Thomas is a fine player in his prime, and Willian is a very good player we got on a free.

That said, we didn't fill our biggest need--a creative player--and misjudged the market by being unwilling to sell our few saleable assets (AMN, Holding) nor take on a stopgap option alongside Thomas like James or even Brahim on loan.

I get your point but I think Aouar takes the window to a 10/10 hence my score of 8/10 due to the quality of Partey and also keeping Aubameyang and Saka which people very much overlook.

I think you can look at it differently. Partey isnt a creative signing, but he indirectly will add creativity. One reason is because we can now play 433 and 4231 very comfortably knowing we have Thomas either next to Ceballos or Xhaka which is very exciting. That allows us to then use Saka and Willian in a 4231 for example. Willian looked unlocked centrally against Sheffield utd.

Next summer we lose Ceballos, we lose Özil and more important we lose around £30M a year off the wage bill from 4 players leaving. Expect another big signing in midfield next year.

Also forgetting ESR will be playing games for us which is brilliant

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Petition to change the name to Thomas Partey: For whom the bellend tolls.

862404177-agreecartoonsfuturamascruffy.gif

Plutarch

I wish Arsenal wouldn't leave these things to the last second. Still, it seems like a very good signing. We've had a good transfer window.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Arteta has the tools now to play 433 the midfield of Xhaka Ceballos Partey is great and somehow balanced we can change is depend on games we play but it's the most balanced midfield since maybe Arteta Cazorla Özil.
Definitely not, Ceballos didn't enjoy his game as an advanced midfielder and to push him forward just so we could make space for a useless player like Xhaka makes absolutely no sense.
It should be Ceballos - Partey and probably Willian/Saka in a more advanced role.
Why would we want to do that to Ceballos when he was absolutely amazing for us in that CM role?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He is from Ghana not Jamaica you racists.

It's a photo of a dance group named "Ghana Dance Ensemble", you idiot. Educate yourself, look at those colours.

"The group was founded in 1962 on basis of a very successful cooperation of the governmental Institute of Art and Culture and Institute of African Studies at the Ghana University. Ghana Dance Ensemble is a group created with the goal to preserve rich heritage of the Ghana dance culture and support the creative work and creativity using Ghana dances as a basis. Since the beginning the group was supposed to be flag ship of professional global representation of Ghana and its musical and dance heritage and thus based on top-quality professional work and experimental research. In 1960‘s and 1970‘s the group together with Ballet African of Guinea Conakry presented to the world breathtaking insight into African aesthetics and culture from the African point of view. The current form of the Ghana Dance Ensemble under the leadership of Ben ObidoAyetteykeepsthe authenticity of traditions but at the same time widens the repertoire and examines dance as tool of expressing contemporary questions."

https://www.korespondance.cz/archiv/2018/en/detail-akce.php?homepage=23-ghana-dance-ensemble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom