• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't hope that's true. Would be crazy to upgrade his salary from £70k to £260k a week.
This is from the Sun (It's obviously bollocks though)
LB-GRAPHIC-ARSENAL-TOPEARNERS6.jpg

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Can't believe they only payed him 60k pw~. Shot themselves in the foot.

Yeah AM can't complain, I gather he didn't feel very valued and he literally wasn't. Paid a lot less than players in less important roles. If they didn't want his buy out to be triggered they should have given him a better contract. And stopped ****ing us about all window.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Can't believe we just rocked up to the Spanish headquarters with £45m and took the player, most unArsenal like bit of business ever.
The best part was nobody bothered to tell Atletico :lol:

Fair play to the people saying we were haggling over Aouar because we wanted both and Partey's deal was obviously much more straight-forward because of the clause.
If I am being brutally honest given one or the other I probably would have gone for Aoaur just because we have had no link between our midfield and attack since Özil retired, we don't create anything.
It's quite hard work to watch, especially when you consider we had the likes of VanPersie, Nasri, Rosicky, Hleb and Fabregas all in one team. What you would give for just one of those now.

Anyway maybe the player wasn't sure, maybe we'll go back in January, who knows?
The good thing is they always say look at the spine of the team and Gabriel (I've gone early here), Partey and Auba looks much more promising than we have had for a while.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Overjoyed with this. I get to keep cheering on of my favourite players and our midfield has gone up a level overnight.

Would have liked some creativity but don’t sell Thomas short, he’s going to be able to do a lot of things that will make Pepe and Willian better as well as help out Xhaka and Ceballos.

I concur.

Would add that creativity becomes less of a stark issue when you increase your ability to win turnovers in the middle third and release it quickly.

We used to score so many goals by reversing attacks and hitting teams when their fullbacks were caught up field.

It’s a shame Özil fell off so badly because he finally has the resilient structure needed to utilise his strengths.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Might order his shirt with #5 anyway. Been holding back on the marble one for Partey 5. Sokratis ain't taking that from me.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
This is an absolute monster of a player. He brings everything we didn't have. Midfield pace, power, drive. He can shoot from range, he's defensively solid, a consistent passer, and someone who can help us get box to box for quick turnovers very rapidly.

I honestly didn't think we would get this one done as financially for all the world you'd think we simply could not afford it.

For me this transforms us in to one of the more balanced squads in the league. Do we need Aouar too? Probably. I think that ship had likely sailed, but as it stands, we are a Europa League club who has just brought in a champions league player, so my main feeling is gratitude.

Impact

Established Member

This is a very helpful thread that sets out many of Thomas' qualities. Be excited. This is an important piece in our rebuild.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Who needs Gunnersaurus when you have the Ghanasaurus

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I concur.

Would add that creativity becomes less of a stark issue when you increase your ability to win turnovers in the middle third and release it quickly.

We used to score so many goals by reversing attacks and hitting teams when their fullbacks were caught up field.

Arteta's words

EjEprCLWoAciuAO

That intensity and athletic aggression is something our midfield has lacked for so long that's finally been addressed.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Interesting bit from the Athletic:

Arsenal’s interest in Partey stems back to 2014, when he was stationed on loan with Almeria. At that time, he played as an adventurous midfielder, rather than as a holding player. It was former Arsenal scout Francis Cagigao who first identified him as a good fit for Arsène Wenger’s team, before later proposing his signing to Sven Mislintat and Unai Emery.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What a signing. Aouar would have been thr cherry on the cake, maybe we'll be back for him in Jan.

Partey/Xhaka/Ceballos are really good options behind the ball. Big creative burden on Willian/Saka/Pepe now, they have the platform now, they have to deliver.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I concur.

It’s a shame Özil fell off so badly because he finally has the resilient structure needed to utilise his strengths.

Yeah, its old fashioned but the team that wins the most 50/50s and second balls throughout the match has a good chance of winning.

We dont have the attacking options of Sp**s/Chelsea, but hopefully we can be the best team defensivly.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
What a signing. Aouar would have been thr cherry on the cake, maybe we'll be back for him in Jan.

Partey/Xhaka/Ceballos are really good options behind the ball. Big creative burden on Willian/Saka/Pepe now, they have the platform now, they have to deliver.

Great point. All these attacking talents we have now have a solid platform and base to work from. We will need a David Silva/KDB type eventually but until that point we can get top 4 with what we have.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Bullying a Liverpool side who are 1-0 down on a CL night at Anfield? Incredible really. Not only will he add a huge amount to our game, he'll also develop even further here. It really is a huge signing.

He also doesn't have a bad scoring/assist record considering where he was played for Atleti. That will only improve under Arteta.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

Honestly dunno, because of the way that whole thing ended. There were reports that Arteta spoke with him personally and tried to convince him of his plan, similar to Gabriel and I assume Partey.

For Auour to then come around and publically say that he'd rather stay at Lyon and from all accounts it sounding like the player rejected us as well makes me think Arteta's desire may have soured there.

We'll see anyway. But I wouldn't be surprised if Arteta's now looking for an alternative.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Can't think of a better weekend as an Arsenal fan in recent history.

The mauling of Utd, Arteta switching to 4-3-3 in the 2nd half vs Sheffield and Pepe masterclass, Liverpool meltdown and then signing Thommy feckin' Partey. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom